Australia: Car plows through crowd, 19 injured

Let me guess, refugees.

Does anyone think politcians should face criminal charges for their actions ?

eye for an eye.

No. A vigilante should start taking out their families.

j/k, but were fucked though, because diversity is our strength and we only seem to be getting stronger.

It's not as true in Melbourne, but we've had Australians of Afghan descent where I live for nearly 2 centuries now.
You also might not be aware, but the majority of Afghan refugees we've taken in recently (post 9/11) have been religious minorities.
Mostly Hazara, but yes, also Christians.
Are you saying Hazaras are not Muslim?

“You also might not be aware, but the majority of Afghan refugees we've taken in recently (post 9/11) have been religious minorities.
Mostly Hazara...”

I’m not following this statement then.

“You also might not be aware, but the majority of Afghan refugees we've taken in recently (post 9/11) have been religious minorities.
Mostly Hazara...”

I’m not following this statement then.

He was asking why I wasn't certain that the driver was a Muslim despite the information being released that he was of Afghan descent.
For a start, we've had Afghans here a long time, and most of the descendants of the older generations aren't Muslims anymore.
In Victoria though, the majority of their Afghan population is from the 2006-2011 refugee program. Even so, because the refugee program prioritises persecuted minorities, the percentage that aren't muslim is a lot higher than would be representative of the populations in Afghanistan. The biggest group is the Hazara, who are mostly Shia Muslim (which does make them much less likely to be answering calls to perform terror attacks by Isis etc), but we also have a disproportionately high number of all the other Afghan religious minorities.

He was asking why I wasn't certain that the driver was a Muslim despite the information being released that he was of Afghan descent.
For a start, we've had Afghans here a long time, and most of the descendants of the older generations aren't Muslims anymore.
In Victoria though, the majority of their Afghan population is from the 2006-2011 refugee program. Even so, because the refugee program prioritises persecuted minorities, the percentage that aren't muslim is a lot higher than would be representative of the populations in Afghanistan. The biggest group is the Hazara, who are mostly Shia Muslim (which does make them much less likely to be answering calls to perform terror attacks by Isis etc), but we also have a disproportionately high number of all the other Afghan religious minorities.
ok, but when he asks you why you’re still not sure he’s a Muslim, and one of your reasons is that the majority of recent Afghan refugees are Hazara, it sounds contradictory, your other reasons notwithstanding.

ok, but when he asks you why you’re still not sure he’s a Muslim, and one of your reasons is that the majority of recent Afghan refugees are Hazara, it sounds contradictory, your other reasons notwithstanding.

"Mostly Hazara, but yes, also Christians." doesn't imply that the Hazara aren't Muslims.
It's simply stating that while the majority are Muslims, there's plenty who aren't.

"Mostly Hazara, but yes, also Christians." doesn't imply that the Hazara aren't Muslims.
It's simply stating that while the majority are Muslims, there's plenty who aren't.
It’s ok for you to say, “you’re right, the way I wrote that could appear misleading to someone not familiar with the term, but that wasn’t my intention.”

The way you worded it made it seem like Hazara are not in fact Muslim.

Good thing we have some knowledgeable posters to clarify certain statements you make, otherwise a lot of people, me included, would be misled.

Thanks @scoopj

He shouldn't have driven through those people.. It was the wrong thing to do.

Pax vehiculum strikes again. If the Muslim world ever makes their own superhero show, it should be the masked driver who goes around the world mowing down infidels.

It’s ok for you to say, “you’re right, the way I wrote that could appear misleading to someone not familiar with the term, but that wasn’t my intention.”
The way you worded it made it seem like Hazara are not in fact Muslim.

Good thing we have some knowledgeable posters to clarify certain statements you make, otherwise a lot of people, me included, would be misled.

Thanks @scoopj

Fair enough. If not from reading the news, I thought after The Kite Runner most people knew about the Hazara.

Fair enough. If not from reading the news, I thought after The Kite Runner most people knew about the Hazara.
I’ve actually not seen that. Hopefully it’s on Netflix.

You are seriously comparing the numbers of white terror atttacks to middle easterners.
Dishonest deflection #1 by you.
I'm point out hypocrisy of how right wingers rush to conclusions and blame Muslims, immigrants etc in attacks but bury thier heads in the sand when it's a right winger. Reports stated dude was mentally ill, but righties in this thread still chirping about Islam and refugees etc

White has tim McVeigh, Vegas shooter, softball game shooter, Dylan roof,
Dishonest deflection #2 by you.
Before Miami nightclub shooting, far right terrorists outpaced any other group in terror attacks.
figure1.png

Even when accounting for Miami, right wingers were just barely behind Islamic terrorism.
ExtremistGraph2.jpg

But don't let actual statistics ruin the circle jerk.

Last edited:
Dishonest deflection #1 by you.
I'm point out hypocrisy of how right wingers rush to conclusions and blame Muslims, immigrants etc in attacks but bury thier heads in the sand when it's a right winger.

Dishonest deflection #2 by you.
Before Miami nightclub shooting, far right terrorists outpaced any other group in terror attacks.
figure1.png

Even when accounting for Miami, right wingers were just barely behind Islamic terrorism.
ExtremistGraph2.jpg

But don't let actual statistics ruin the circle jerk.

What are these attacks these stats are taking about?

the BBC said it wasnt terror related.i now feel bad for paying a licence fee for years to listen to their nonsense.sad to hear of the poor child who is seriously injured.

Back