School shootings

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-belmont-high-shooting-20180201-story.html

Police are saying the latest shooting is believed to be "unintentional". 5 people were injured. Two suffered from gun shot wounds. A girl suffered a wound to the hand and a 15 y/o boy suffered a gun shot wound to the temple. The gun appeares to have discharged in a backpack.

So now the question is why she had the gun at school and how she got it. Irresponsible gun owner seems to be the biggest problem in this case.
A gun doesn't just DISCHARGE in a backpack unless your hand is on it or like a pen is fucking it

A gun doesn't just DISCHARGE in a backpack unless your hand is on it or like a pen is fucking it

You can take the information from the article however you want. Sounds like it was a single round that caused both of the gunshot wounds.

Public high schools are increasingly becoming basically prisons for kids.. Is it surprising that the inmates sometimes snap?

Public high schools are increasingly becoming basically prisons for kids.. Is it surprising that the inmates sometimes snap?
Don't call them inmates... you racist card carrying KKK motherfucker.

14 school shooting in less than two months? Lol where are you getting this info? I call bullshit.

You call bullshit?

<Huh2>

Seriously, I call you the dumbest motherfucker on this board. Seriously, how fucking stupid (and lazy) is it to make a post like that "calling bullshit" when you're too lazy to Google search something as simple as "School shootings 2018" ?

Because if you had bothered to do a single web search instead of mashing those fat Cheetos crusted fingers on your keyboard to call bullshit then you would know that it's not bullshit.

https://www.abc15.com/news/data/sch...when-where-each-shooting-has-occurred-in-2018

This site literally has a map of each incident so far this year.

My guess is she had a typical girl bag that's filled with a bunch of loose shit. Maybe she was digging around the bag and yanked on the trigger accidentally. Maybe a pen slid inside the trigger guard and a shifting book caused it to discharge. It's entirely possible .

You call bullshit?

<Huh2>

Seriously, I call you the dumbest motherfucker on this board. Seriously, how fucking stupid (and lazy) is it to make a post like that "calling bullshit" when you're too lazy to Google search something as simple as "School shootings 2018" ?

Because if you had bothered to do a single web search instead of mashing those fat Cheetos crusted fingers on your keyboard to call bullshit then you would know that it's not bullshit.

https://www.abc15.com/news/data/sch...when-where-each-shooting-has-occurred-in-2018

This site literally has a map of each incident so far this year.

One or two years ago one of the school shootings “reliable statistics” was proven to be a bunch of lies after a lot of them were exposed as shooting outside schools but close enough to be thrown under the broad umbrella of school shootings.

It certainly provides a deterrent.

Why do these people pick 'soft targets' like schools? Because there will be little to no resistance. They aren't shooting up court-houses or police stations. Because they know they will be immediately be met with armed resistance.

If you make schools no longer the softest targets around - yes, you're right - they may just move on to another target, or simply add a box to their checklist "kill guard", etc. But at least it gives somewhat of a deterrent, and gives them more of a chance to fail at their sick goal.

It's the same reason we have armored trucks. How often do these guys get into shootouts? Almost never anymore. Certainly not in the past decade. Why? Why do robbers go for convenient stores instead of armored trucks? Those trucks carry a LOT of money. A liquour store might only have a few hundred bucks on a good night. That armored truck is very likely to have 5 figures at a MINIMUM.

Honestly ask yourself that, please.

You still don't realize how insane this is. Reactionary policy is bad policy. You're trying to make sure schools don't get shot up anymore. Cool, but that's not really the problem. The problem is that we have a bunch of young kids who want to kill people. What happens when they stop shooting up schools and start targeting movie theaters? Armed guards at theaters? What happens when they stop shooting up movie theaters? See, you're reacting and you'll always be a step behind and the killings will continue.

They will continue to pick soft targets and your solution will eventually be to put a gun in the hands of every able-bodied American citizen and turn them into a potentially first responder. That is not a stable society, that is the Wild West. Your proposal would set America's progress back several hundred years.

If you want to fix the problem, you have to first figure out what the problem is. You seem to think the problem is that there are too many places in society that aren't equipped to deal with an active shooter. That's insane.

If the shooters are minors, guns are already banned for them to buy, and they're in gun free zones.

Don't they usually get them from their parents who are, among a lot of other things, too irresponsible to lock their guns up so their kids can't get to them?

Telling a bunch of white kids they suck probably isn't helping things.

Don't they usually get them from their parents who are, among a lot of other things, too irresponsible to lock their guns up so their kids can't get to them?
My dad never had his guns under lock and key... I didn't touch them till I was 13 and not without him around.

Some of them do. I think the columbine kids just bought them illegally, but some got them from stupid parents.

Zero tolerance for school bullying. Re-educate them by forcing them to spend a day in a homeless tent camp with smelly crazy druggie bums and make sure it's clear to them that if they continue being dumb assholes, they will end up not having money and being homeless.

One or two years ago one of the school shootings “reliable statistics” was proven to be a bunch of lies after a lot of them were exposed as shooting outside schools but close enough to be thrown under the broad umbrella of school shootings.

The ones listed in this list are all from schools or their grounds as it says. I don't get why you're just going on with this anecdotal nonsense. Did you look at the list and find something that's wrong? No? Well then stop yapping about it.

You still don't realize how insane this is. Reactionary policy is bad policy. You're trying to make sure schools don't get shot up anymore. Cool, but that's not really the problem. The problem is that we have a bunch of young kids who want to kill people. What happens when they stop shooting up schools and start targeting movie theaters? Armed guards at theaters? What happens when they stop shooting up movie theaters? See, you're reacting and you'll always be a step behind and the killings will continue.

They will continue to pick soft targets and your solution will eventually be to put a gun in the hands of every able-bodied American citizen and turn them into a potentially first responder. That is not a stable society, that is the Wild West. Your proposal would set America's progress back several hundred years.

If you want to fix the problem, you have to first figure out what the problem is. You seem to think the problem is that there are too many places in society that aren't equipped to deal with an active shooter. That's insane.

A movie theater isn't a soft target in carry states.

1jqcf8.jpg

A movie theater isn't a soft target in carry states.

Maybe some people appreciate these kind of posts, but I find them cowardly and egocentric. If you think my argument was compelling, give me my props and concede. But a lot of guys around here do this shit were they refuse to tap and instead make some irrelevant post so that they can recycle their same weak argument later in another thread. It's a very feminine form of confrontational escape/ego preservation.

Maybe some people appreciate these kind of posts, but I find them cowardly and egocentric. If you think my argument was compelling, give me my props and concede. But a lot of guys around here do this shit were they refuse to tap and instead make some irrelevant post so that they can recycle their same weak argument later in another thread. It's a very feminine form of confrontational escape/ego preservation.

Your entire premise was based on murderers picking different soft targets. Moving from schools to movie theaters was the specific example you gave.

Schools are such soft targets precisely because they are gun-free-zones, where it's safe to assume NO ONE is armed.

A murderer can't make that assumption at a movie theater in a carry state. I don't go to the movies unless im strapped up. And I'm not the only one.

Can't do anything about it. Most of these kids are the losers of society, and treated like shit. Society will always treat the loser like shit, and a natural reaction to being persecuted by just about everything is to lash out. I think being nicer to people is probably a good idea, but I won't hold my breath. Not excusing these kids actions by any means, but it is what it is. Ban guns and they will become experts in explosives.

Back