Elections Pennsylvania 18th District Special Election (3/13)

Interesting point from Paul Ryan

"This is something that you're not going to see repeated, because they [Democrats] didn't have a primary. They were able to pick a candidate who could run as a conservative, who ran against the minority leader, who ran on a conservative agenda. You will have primaries in all these other races, and the primaries bring them to the left. So I just don't think this is something they're going to be able to see a repeat of."

I'd put more stock into this if Doug Jones hadn't won a primary and beat Roy Moore. And Jones was a straight up liberal in Alabama. I think Ryan is being awfully optimistic here.

"This is something that you're not going to see repeated, because they [Democrats] didn't have a primary. They were able to pick a candidate who could run as a conservative, who ran against the minority leader, who ran on a conservative agenda. You will have primaries in all these other races, and the primaries bring them to the left. So I just don't think this is something they're going to be able to see a repeat of."

I think this is bullshit spin. They went from this:

DYQNSp0WAAECum9.jpg

To saying that he won because he has a conservative agenda literally overnight.

I think we'll be quoting Ryan on this for a hearty chuckle in about 8 months.

DYQNSp0WAAECum9.jpg

I was referring to his point about the primary, he might have something there.

At this point the worst thing the dems could do is get cocky

I think we'll be quoting Ryan on this for a hearty chuckle in about 8 months.
Oh I still think things are leaning dem but if they go to far left with their candidates the wave might not be big enough

I was referring to his point about the primary, he might have something there.

At this point the worst thing the dems could do is get cocky

Ah.

It's interesting because it's the opposite of what a lot of Democrats think the party needs. Not sure about the primary thing, but I think center-left Democrats are generally going to do better, especially in conservative areas. And really, a majority that involves many centrists will do more to move policy in a positive direction than a purer minority.

Pretty basic the DNC needs to let each candidate tailor their message to area they are running.

Pretty basic the DNC needs to let each candidate tailor their message to area they are running.
It's basic but let's not pretend they couldn't screw it up .

DYQNSp0WAAECum9.jpg

And they've all been on message with that spin since last night. All the TV political hacks, and all the Republicans in congress, etc.

"He was really a conservative!"

I thought lamb was pro Trump, pro fracking , pro coal, anti abortion.
He is Trump just with a d next to his name
No ,

"Lamb's campaign website lists his top priorities as the heroin crisis, jobs and infrastructure, affordable health care, protecting Medicare and Social Security, reforming the student loan system, unions, and modern energy development.[29] On gun control, Lamb has called for a stronger system of background checks but no new gun restrictions. On tariffs, Lamb supports President Donald Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs. On health care, Lamb criticized the Republican attempt to repeal Obamacare and called for bipartisan efforts to stabilize its markets.[30]"

That does not sound like Trump lol

DYQNSp0WAAECum9.jpg

I thought lamb was pro Trump, pro fracking , pro coal, anti abortion.
He is Trump just with a d next to his name

And they've all been on message with that spin since last night. All the TV political hacks, and all the Republicans in congress, etc.

And apparently the hive is buying it

No ,

"Lamb's campaign website lists his top priorities as the heroin crisis, jobs and infrastructure, affordable health care, protecting Medicare and Social Security, reforming the student loan system, unions, and modern energy development.[29] On gun control, Lamb has called for a stronger system of background checks but no new gun restrictions. On tariffs, Lamb supports President Donald Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs. On health care, Lamb criticized the Republican attempt to repeal Obamacare and called for bipartisan efforts to stabilize its markets.[30]"

That does not sound like Trump lol

Supports trumps tariff ?
You didint mention his anti abortion stance.

Yep. Been seeing that. A pro-ACA, anti-Trump tax cut, anti-entitlement cut, pro-choice conservative. We should get more of those!

Back