Cohen's mystery 3rd Client

Am I missing something? Is it illegal for Hannity and Trump to have the same lawyer? Are there currently victims of Hannity claiming he had some sort of electronic door shutting device in his news room office? I honestly don't get the "BREAKING NEWS"!
I already explained it. If you don't get it, that's on you. Intelligent, ethical people implicitly get it.

I got it. So if you are a democrat and have no family values you can't be called out on anything.
CNN is the beacon of journalistic integrity. Remember Donna Brazile?
BTW - I hate Sean Hannity. He ranks up there with that dude Rachel Maddow.

Donna Brazile was forced out of CNN after it was discovered she fed Clinton debate questions.

Fox, on the other hand, does nothing about Hannity’s dishonesty.

Hardly comparable. I don’t even understand what the hell your first sentence means.

I got it. So if you are a democrat and have no family values you can't be called out on anything.
So you're just here to obfuscate the issue and cheer-lead for your team. Got it.

It really sounds like Fox is gang of sexual harassing scumbags who band together to protect each other.

anybody remember this?

I am pretty sure it's about some sexual harassment suit... maybe even assault...

he's a fuckin' creep...

My favorite was O'Riley crying like a bitch when his scumbag behavior finally caught up to him.

It will take a Glenn Beck scenario to have him removed or even disciplined.
When the people you work for have no integrity, almost any breach of decorum is acceptable.

When they do, heads roll.

Look who has no integrity.

Donna Brazile was wrong and so was Hannity.

It is OK to hold both sides to the same standards, that is called integrity, but it appears you have situational integrity if you can't see how both of them should never again be considered a journalist.
Fox's stand should also make that they should never be considered a news channel. They could have done the right thing and punished Hannity. Maybe give him a week off without pay, but they said fuck it for ratings & ad dollars. Even though lately that dude Maddow has been kicking his ass in the ratings.
Hannity violated the basic principle of Journalism and if Maddow did the same thing, the same people defending him would be having a seizure.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/sean-hannity/558272/

Sean Hannity’s Ties to Two More Trump-Connected Lawyers

The Fox News host denies that Michael Cohen was ever his lawyer—but Hannity was represented by a pair of legal advisers who also have close links to the president.

Sean Hannity has had no shortage of lawyers. In court on Monday, his name was disclosed as the third “mystery client” of Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen. Though Hannity says he was never actually Cohen’s client, he does appear to have used the legal services of other well-connected Trump-world lawyers in a different matter a year ago.

On May 25, 2017, KFAQ, a radio station based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, received a cease-and-desist letter signed by two lawyers for Hannity: Victoria Toensing and Jay Alan Sekulow. Toensing’s signature sits above her name and that of her husband Joseph E. diGenova, the members of diGenova and Toensing LLP, who are identified as “Counsel for Sean Hannity,” according to a copy of the letter obtained by The Atlantic. Sekulow is also identified in the letter page as a “Counsel for Sean Hannity.”

Sekulow is now the only known personal attorney for President Trump working full-time on the response to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s inquiry. Sekulow recently announced that diGenova and Toensing had been hired to join him, before reversing course. The letter to the radio station was sent before Sekulow joined Trump’s team.

The letter was sent in response to accusations against Hannity made by the controversial conservative activist Debbie Schlussel. During an appearance on the Pat Campbell show on KFAQ last April, Schlussel said Hannity had been “creepy” towards her and had invited her to his hotel room.

Sekulow, diGenova, and Toensing have frequently appeared on Hannity’s program; diGenova appeared on the show as recently as Monday night. Asked for comment, Hannity sent a text consisting of NewsBusters and Daily Caller links to stories about ethical misconduct in the mainstream media and declined to offer further comment. “I don’t have time for these silly questions,” he said.

Sekulow didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. After publication of this story, a Fox News spokesperson sent an example of Hannity mentioning Sekulow as his lawyer. On May 23, 2017, two days before the letter was sent, he said on his show that Sekulow had “done legal work for me in the past.”

The addition of Toensing and diGenova to Trump’s legal team was recently announced, but then swiftly reversed. “The President is disappointed that conflicts prevent Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing from joining the President’s Special Counsel legal team,” Sekulow said in a statement at the time. “However, those conflicts do not prevent them from assisting the President in other legal matters. The President looks forward to working with them.”

Fucking unreal. Jay Sekulow and Victoria Toensing represented Hannity after sexual harassment allegations.

I'd like to disagree but i cant. For when viewed as acceptable by the corporation its an endorsement to all their employees.
And, by extension, it sends a clear message to their viewers that such behavior is permissible.
And they have no integrity either. Everyone has egg on their faces.

Makes you understand why Comey came out an said Trump acts like a Mob Boss.

Speaking of Mob Bosses...

In today’s podcast, we look into the background of Michael Cohen. TPM first reported last year that Cohen was actually a childhood friend of Felix Sater, whose father was himself a reputed capo in the Mogilevich organized crime syndicate, said to be Russia’s largest and most dangerous. Filling out this picture of how Cohen fell into this milieu we’ve always been focused on the fact that Cohen’s uncle, Morton Levine, owned and ran a Brooklyn social club which was a well-known meeting spot for members of Italian and Russian organized crime families in the 1970s and 1980s. (Levine, a medical doctor has never been charged with a crime.) But now it turns out there’s a bit more to this story.

I came across this in a January AP article about Boris Nayfeld, one-time organized crime boss in Brooklyn, who now wants to go home to Russia to start a new life. Nayfeld is 70 and he just finished his latest prison sentence. The whole story is a bit low energy and a sad sack in a nonetheless menacing and predatory way. According to published reports, in the 70s and early 80s, the boss of the Russian mob in the U.S. was a man named Evsei Agron. Things ended badly for Agron when was gunned down in a mob hit in 1985.

After Agron was assassinated, his organization was taken over by Marat Balagula. Law enforcement apparently believed Balagula was behind Agron’s killing. But he was never charged with the crime. Balagula ran things until 1991 when he was convicted of gasoline bootlegging. Nayfeld had been the bodyguard and enforcer for both Agron and Balagula, one would say more successfully in the latter case than the former. He took over the organization when Balagula went to prison.

What I didn’t realize until now is that both Agron and his successor Balagula ran their operations out of an office in the El Caribe social club. So the El Caribe wasn’t just a mob hang out. From the 70s through the 90s at least, the bosses of the Russian mafia in the U.S. literally ran their crime organizations out of the El Caribe.

So Michael Cohen’s uncle Morton Levin’s social club was the headquarters of Russian organized crime in the U.S.

That’s quite something.

The AP article includes another detail. According to Levine, who is apparently still alive, all his nieces and nephews owned shares of the El Caribe and still do. Levine told the AP that Michael Cohen owned his stake in the club until Donald Trump was elected President when he “gave up his stake.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/good-grief-cohens-gets-mobbier-the-closer-i-look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lessconaga
Back