How did humans be around for 200,000 years and only got technology recently?

By all means, feel free to discuss why that is. Instead of resorting to insults I'll post some more information. Here is an article discussing the Nanodiamonds and high levels of Irdium in the soil from the Younger-Dryas about 12,000 years ago.

But now nanodiamonds found in the sediments from this time period point to an alternative: a massive explosion or explosions by a fragmentary comet, similar to but even larger than the Tunguska event of 1908 in Siberia.

Sediments from six sites across North America—Murray Springs, Ariz.; Bull Creek, Okla.; Gainey, Mich.; Topper, S.C.; Lake Hind, Manitoba; and Chobot, Alberta—yielded such teensy diamonds, which only occur in sediment exposed to extreme temperatures and pressures, such as those from an explosion or impact, according to new research published today in Science.

The discovery lends support to a theory first advanced last year in that some type of cosmic impact or impacts—a fragmented comet bursting in the atmosphere or raining down on the oceans—set off the more than 1,300-year cooling period in the Northern Hemisphere known as the Younger Dryas for the abundance of an alpine flower's pollen found during the interval.

The cooling period interrupted an extended warming out of an ice age predicted by slight changes in Earth's orbit (known as Milankovitch cycles) that continues today. And it remains an unexplained anomaly in the climate record.

But a series of cometary fragments exploding over North America might explain a layer of soil immediately prior to the cooling containing unusually high levels of iridium—an element more common in cosmic wanderers like meteoroids than in Earth's crust. Paired with the fact that this layer occurs directly before the extinction of at least 35 genera of large mammals, including mammoths, it is strong circumstantial evidence for a cosmic event.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/did-a-comet-hit-earth-12900-years-ago/

And furthermore in the article that this may be reflected in the soil all over the place meaning it was a global event.

Preliminary searches further afield—Europe, Asia and South America—have turned up similar minerals and elements in sediments of the same age, Kennett says, and his own work on California's Channel Islands tells a tale of a massive burn-off, followed by erosion and a total change in the flora of the region.

How advanced of civilizations do you suppose have existed in the past that is lost to us?

I wonder how long turtles were around before they got shells.
<Dylan>

They had technology, the problem was materials and power. There are some innovation leaps that have a broader impact on many other areas of innovation, basically making them more practical and efficient. Imagine what someone like Archimedes or Leonardo Da Vinci could do with composite materials and internal combustion engine.

Mind fuck to someone 40 years ago..."I have a device, thinner than a cigarette, no bigger than a playing card in my pocket, that has the entirety of information known to mankind. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers".

It does not contain anything. It is only a transmitter/receiver.

Because the important inventions are the ones that lead to more inventions.

Gunpowder, steam engine, internal combustion engine, and printing press.

And now you can count the computer and internet among those.

I think older civilizations were pretty smart but they had trouble advancing knowledge without a printing press.

A lot of the smart people spent all day just copying text by hand, because there was no other way to make books. But once smart people had more free time they could focus on figuring shit out.

Also don't discount the price of war. There were very smart people that had their knowledge destroyed when they were sacked by barbarians.

How advanced of civilizations do you suppose have existed in the past that is lost to us?

I don't think there is any doubt that paleontologists, geologists, and every other gist that studies the history of man will agree that there is a long, long period of time where we have no idea wtf was going on. Anatomically modern humans have existed for at least 200 millennia, that's a long ass time. The earliest real civilization we know of is the Sumerians who used cuneiform writing but that is only a fraction of the time that modern humans have existed.

Check this out for example.

world-population-growth-over-time-graph_40412.png

If we even go back 2,000 years, world population is very low and the further back you go, the smaller that population gets. That spike that you see on the graph where population exponentially explodes coincides with the industrial revolution. That's another topic though. My point here is that as we go back in time the population gets smaller and smaller and these pockets of humanity may have come and gone with no trace left, especially if they were around 10,000 or more years ago. These comet and asteroid strikes may have seriously hurt humanity on multiple occasions and as I've posted, most recently only about 12,000 years ago.

Look at Gobekli Tepi in Turkey for example of mainstream academia being flustered with the truth of our history. The site is estimated to be between 10,000-12,000 years old and includes a massive temple structure with megolithic structures and relief carvings.

th
th

th
th

The thing about Gobekli Tepi is that we have been taught in school for decades that the Sumerians were the first culture with writing, etc. Now we have this dig site, thousands of years older than the Sumerians, during a time when we have been taught that there was no writing or civilization or even farming. Well I'm sorry but you can't create a megolithic temple complex with relief art forms without writing and a way to plan it out and execute it. Transient hunter gathers did not manage to build Gobekli 12,000 years ago.

This would be an example of a time period in our past that we simply didn't even believe existed until the late 1990's or something like that and even now its only 5% excavated. If the Sumerians were the first then who were these people 7,000-10,000 years earlier? The artist who did the carvings was not just some hunter gatherer, look at the skill in these relief carvings. This stuff predates the Mesopotamians, Egyptians, and Sumerians by THOUSANDS of years.

17181734213235.jpg

By all means, feel free to discuss why that is. Instead of resorting to insults I'll post some more information. Here is an article discussing the Nanodiamonds and high levels of Irdium in the soil from the Younger-Dryas about 12,000 years ago.

But now nanodiamonds found in the sediments from this time period point to an alternative: a massive explosion or explosions by a fragmentary comet, similar to but even larger than the Tunguska event of 1908 in Siberia.

Sediments from six sites across North America—Murray Springs, Ariz.; Bull Creek, Okla.; Gainey, Mich.; Topper, S.C.; Lake Hind, Manitoba; and Chobot, Alberta—yielded such teensy diamonds, which only occur in sediment exposed to extreme temperatures and pressures, such as those from an explosion or impact, according to new research published today in Science.

The discovery lends support to a theory first advanced last year in that some type of cosmic impact or impacts—a fragmented comet bursting in the atmosphere or raining down on the oceans—set off the more than 1,300-year cooling period in the Northern Hemisphere known as the Younger Dryas for the abundance of an alpine flower's pollen found during the interval.

The cooling period interrupted an extended warming out of an ice age predicted by slight changes in Earth's orbit (known as Milankovitch cycles) that continues today. And it remains an unexplained anomaly in the climate record.

But a series of cometary fragments exploding over North America might explain a layer of soil immediately prior to the cooling containing unusually high levels of iridium—an element more common in cosmic wanderers like meteoroids than in Earth's crust. Paired with the fact that this layer occurs directly before the extinction of at least 35 genera of large mammals, including mammoths, it is strong circumstantial evidence for a cosmic event.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/did-a-comet-hit-earth-12900-years-ago/

And furthermore in the article that this may be reflected in the soil all over the place meaning it was a global event.

Preliminary searches further afield—Europe, Asia and South America—have turned up similar minerals and elements in sediments of the same age, Kennett says, and his own work on California's Channel Islands tells a tale of a massive burn-off, followed by erosion and a total change in the flora of the region.

Every civilization on Earth all over the world has a flood myth. Noah's Ark, Gilgamesh, Berfgelmir, Finnish flood myth, Chinese Great Flood, fucking every culture and subculture has it. I don't think they're myths anymore.

I've been doing some reading and I agree with you. I think that a comet or an asteroid hit us ~12,000 years ago and caused a massive worldwide flood.

Most cities, especially cities in early cultures, are coastal for obvious reasons. I just find it impossible to believe that humans were around for 200,000 years and we only started living in cities the past 5,000 years. That's just absurd.

I think that we had a worldwide culture and cities that traded with each other. I think they were all wiped out during the flood and their inhabitants killed. The survivors were very few people from civilization and more of the hunter gatherers that lived (much further, these floods were huge -- this is also when the larger land animals like mammoths went extinct and humans suffered a catastrophic population decline) inland.

That's where the flood myths come from. The geological data is also pointing towards the huge floods of that period .

Last edited:
I cant buy that. Where are all the plastic bags and shit from the last advanced age?

There was a massive earthquake at Yellowstone, not sure when exactly it was, you can look it up, but the earth opened up and swallowed entire mountain ranges, gone forever without a trace into a sea of volcanic lava. If the earth\time can do that to mountains just think about plastic or even steel structures(which rust away).

Every civilization on Earth all over the world has a flood myth. Noah's Ark, Gilgamesh, Berfgelmir, Finnish flood myth, Chinese Great Flood, fucking every culture and subculture has it. I don't think they're myths anymore.

I've been doing some reading and I agree with you. I think that a comet or an asteroid hit us ~12,000 years ago and caused a massive worldwide flood.

Most cities, especially cities in early cultures, are coastal for obvious reasons. I just find it impossible to believe that humans were around for 200,000 years and we only started living in cities the past 5,000 years. That's just absurd.

I think that we had a worldwide culture and cities that traded with each other. I think they were all wiped out during the flood and their inhabitants killed. The survivors were very few people from civilization and more of the hunter gatherers that lived inland.

That's where the flood myths come from. The geological data is also pointing towards the huge floods of that period .

Yes, that obsession with flood mythology can be found all over the world. Interestingly, it is believed that the possible asteroid strike from 12,000 years ago during the Younger-Dryas would have struck North America as well as the ocean. This would have caused rapid melting of the ice sheet in North America as well as tsunami's worldwide, maybe worse than what we saw in 2004. Only difference is, world population was very low, as I posted in post #86. So the impact of an event like that that caused rapid climate change, tsunamis, and flooding may be why we still see the flood mythos everywhere in the past.

I cant buy that. Where are all the plastic bags and shit from the last advanced age?
We currently date the Sphinx to 2500 BC. So why is there water erosion on it that could have only been caused by the rainfall that Egypt had in 5000 or 6000 or earlier BC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_water_erosion_hypothesis

Perhaps we've destroyed it like when we burned down great collections of ancient history like the Library of Alexandria and the Mayan Codices. How could people in Afghanistan in 1000 years know about their Buddhist history with ISIS blowing up the Buddhas of Bamiyan, for example?

Most of the evidence of our history got wiped out by the flood, ourselves, and by time. But perhaps there's still lots of evidence right in front of us that we misinterpret to fit the incorrect model of history that we've already created.

I find it so sad that we potentially have 195,000 years of civilized history in our heritage that's been destroyed and lost to us. There was once another civilized world that our ancestors lived in that we have no connection to anymore.

Last edited:
Great minds. Edison, Einstein, Oppenheimer, Gates, Jobs, etc. Guns, steel, and germs changed societies. That's how the Europeans became so much more advanced than other societies, but the Egyptians were doing great for a while.
No. Stop it.

Technology has been around as long as humans. Making a spear is technology. I think you're confusing it with electronic technology.

You know that Plato actually gave a date of exactly when Atlantis sank? 11,700 BC.

The exact same time period we're finding evidence for all these massive floods and mass extinctions of large land animals and a bottleneck in the human population.

The time period after which that all the civilizations that have recorded history today emerged. And they all have flood myths.

Do the math, is all I'm saying. I thought this shit was crazy too until I did some reading. Some shit happened around 12000 BC. There are just too many little dominoes that line up for it to be a coincidence.

<Dylan>

They had technology, the problem was materials and power. There are some innovation leaps that have a broader impact on many other areas of innovation, basically making them more practical and efficient. Imagine what someone like Archimedes or Leonardo Da Vinci could do with composite materials and internal combustion engine.

I saw you quoted me and I read your post twice before I realized you weren’t talking about turtles.

I don't think there is any doubt that paleontologists, geologists, and every other gist that studies the history of man will agree that there is a long, long period of time where we have no idea wtf was going on. Anatomically modern humans have existed for at least 200 millennia, that's a long ass time. The earliest real civilization we know of is the Sumerians who used cuneiform writing but that is only a fraction of the time that modern humans have existed.

Check this out for example.

world-population-growth-over-time-graph_40412.png

If we even go back 2,000 years, world population is very low and the further back you go, the smaller that population gets. That spike that you see on the graph where population exponentially explodes coincides with the industrial revolution. That's another topic though. My point here is that as we go back in time the population gets smaller and smaller and these pockets of humanity may have come and gone with no trace left, especially if they were around 10,000 or more years ago. These comet and asteroid strikes may have seriously hurt humanity on multiple occasions and as I've posted, most recently only about 12,000 years ago.

Look at Gobekli Tepi in Turkey for example of mainstream academia being flustered with the truth of our history. The site is estimated to be between 10,000-12,000 years old and includes a massive temple structure with megolithic structures and relief carvings.

th
th

th
th

The thing about Gobekli Tepi is that we have been taught in school for decades that the Sumerians were the first culture with writing, etc. Now we have this dig site, thousands of years older than the Sumerians, during a time when we have been taught that there was no writing or civilization or even farming. Well I'm sorry but you can't create a megolithic temple complex with relief art forms without writing and a way to plan it out and execute it. Transient hunter gathers did not manage to build Gobekli 12,000 years ago.

This would be an example of a time period in our past that we simply didn't even believe existed until the late 1990's or something like that and even now its only 5% excavated. If the Sumerians were the first then who were these people 7,000-10,000 years earlier? The artist who did the carvings was not just some hunter gatherer, look at the skill in these relief carvings. This stuff predates the Mesopotamians, Egyptians, and Sumerians by THOUSANDS of years.

17181734213235.jpg

image.png

I think we would be friends.

more importantly what Hero came up w/ the term 'blowjob'? and how did it catch on?

like imagine you had never heard that term, and your boy tells you 'man this girl gave me an amazing blowjob'........you'd surely give a 'u wot m8' look. Yet that word spread and became extremely common vernacular for most parts of the civilized world...

Shouldn't it be a suckjob?

Got me. Fucking lazy ancestors. I've been digging up my own iron ore and smelting it since I was 7 months old.

We have been lucky in recent times we haven't got wiped out by super Vocalnos unlike some people like a 100k year ago.

They were the opposite they are so unlucky!

Well the Native Americans were here for a long assed time and didn't even invent a written language. Fucking hell, not every culture was "into" technology. And those that were just used it to torture people and stab them in the face in the name of God. Any tech not used to stab people was stifled.

Back