***The Official SANCTIONED Gennady Golovkin vs Vanes Martirosyan RBR Thread 11PM EST HBO***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol

I have yet to have anyone prove to me what benefit Canelo would see from using clen a month out from his training camp. Not only that, but he does that hair follicle test which everyone said he would prove if he was clean, passes and then people change their minds and that means nothing either.

If Canelo passes his drug tests from here on out, then anything being said about it is just people making excuses.
How about you do your own research instead of going off of what "everyone says?"

The hair follicle test is not the end all be all, a simple google search will tell you that. It is not hard to see what benefits Canelo gains from using Clen, once again research (google is a thing), common sense (Clen wouldn't be banned for no reason), and context go a long way here.

But given your last sentence, you clearly have no idea or choose to be very naive regarding how any of this works/goes on within sports.

lol

Canelo has never fought dirty and I have yet to have anyone prove to me what benefit Canelo would see from using clen a month out from his training camp.

Thats because you're not trying to hear anything negative about Canelo and willfully ignoring why athletes might use PEDs.

Coming INTO a training camp with less fat to burn and more muscle mass, which is what Clen is designed to do, greatly benefits ANY fighter, let alone a highly muscled fighter with low body fat that Canelo is at MW. It allows Canelo to keep his muscle mass at a maximum as he will have less fat to try and shed, which makes it easier for him to make weight for the fight.

How is that not a benefit? How does a professional athlete in a combat sport that relies a lot on physicality not benefit from an easier way to unnaturally gain muscle mass and shed fat?!

If Clen was legal, you think fighters woudln't use it?

i'm slovene. i'm a white dude who can speak slovene and english, and could probably survive in most of yugoslavia, though i'd often make a fool of myself. i can tell you it's equally boring.

but i do believe knowing japanese is exciting! seems to be the hardest fucking language on the planet to learn, alas..

That's cool tho. Now that I know I have so many questions about if I ever went there what food to get and where to go to have the best experience. I'm that guy. Still cool you can speak multiple languages tho. Melania must be a superstar over there, btw.

Yeah Japanese is a really cool language. I heard Asian languages and Arabic are the two toughest languages to learn.

LOL at that clown seano finding any reason to hate on Gennady.

Waited months? Fuck off this fight was put together a few weeks ago. If by months you meant the GGG vs CANelo fight then then CANelo ruined that by being a PED abuser and cheater.

Waste of time? Everyone with a clue knew this was a keep busy fight - you wasted your time then why the fuck did you watch?

Trying to spin last night as Gennady doing something wrong and never acknowledging the actual wrong doer is beyond pathetic.

As the catch phrase goes, "haters gonna hate"

Thats because you're not trying to hear anything negative about Canelo and willfully ignoring why athletes might use PEDs.

Coming INTO a training camp with less fat to burn and more muscle mass, which is what Clen is designed to do, greatly benefits ANY fighter, let alone a highly muscled fighter with low body fat that Canelo is at MW. It allows Canelo to keep his muscle mass at a maximum as he will have less fat to try and shed, which makes it easier for him to make weight for the fight.

How is that not a benefit? How does a professional athlete in a combat sport that relies a lot on physicality not benefit from an easier way to unnaturally gain muscle mass and shed fat?!

If Clen was legal, you think fighters woudln't use it?

I can tell you Clen is not effective to gain muscle or make you stronger. It would help in a weight cut, a lot. But it would make no sense to take before camp as Canelo is a small middleweight and has no problem making weight. He doesn't get fat in between camps. Clen would make you feel like shit I wouldn't want to be on that while I was going through the rigors of training. I could see someone using it as a last ditch effort to make weight or to help cut a significant amount of weight by a deadline. And that is why it is a banned substance for the same reason as diuretics although it works differently but still used to lose weight.

Lol @ clen giving you epic head movement a footwork. Which is what Canelo displayed in the GGG fight along with clean hard counter punches.

<{cruzshake}> .

Last edited:
If I can speak on Sean's behalf here, I don't think he dislikes GGG the man, he just fucking hates his fans. So what he does is kinda downplay GGG a little b/c GGG doesn't have a style that Seano naturally likes, as well as the added benefit of trolling said GGG fans whom, as mentioned, he hates.

I've seen Seano give compliments to GGG. He's sold on the fighter. It might've taken him awhile to be sold on the fighter, but he is. What he never will be is nice to GGG fans. He doesn't like us, so he mocks us and messes with us, and probably over criticizes GGG b/c he knows all of us nut huggers will get angry, and he finds that to be a fun hobby.

He did it with my guy Matthysse for years, b/c Matty doesn't have a style he's super fond of, but also us Matty fans can be pretty outspoken b/c Matthysse is awesome and we want the world to know. Pac fans, Loma fans, it's not the fighters he dislikes as much as the fans he dislikes. Which is why he seems overly critical at times of a fighter, he knows that he's gonna get shit for it and he doesn't mind that one bit.

Am I on the right track here @Seano ?

I can tell you Clen is not effective to gain muscle or make you stronger. It would help in a weight cut, a lot. But it would make no sense to take before camp as Canelo is not a small middleweight and has no problem making weight. He doesn't get fat in between camps. Clen would make you feel like shit I wouldn't want to be on that while I was going through the rigors of training. I could see someone using it as a last ditch effort to make weight or to help cut a significant amount of weight by a deadline. And that is why it is a banned substance for the same reason as diuretics although it works differently but still used to lose weight.

Lol @ clen giving you epic head movement a footwork. Which is what Canelo displayed in the GGG fight along with clean hard counter punches.

<{cruzshake}> .

Youre totally right, its one of the most popular drugs used for guys cutting weight for boxing, wrestling and bodybuilding why would it even be illegal, especially in sports (!)

....I've taken it with great results. The only issue I had was my heart rate being high as fuck for a while due to it.

Youre totally right, its one of the most popular drugs used for guys cutting weight for boxing, wrestling and bodybuilding why would it even be illegal, especially in sports (!)

....I've taken it with great results. The only issue I had was my heart rate being high as fuck for a while due to it.
My theory is that if Clenelo used it purposefully then it was b/c, from what I understand, it helps to not only cut weight but also maintain muscle mass. The theory being that he felt like he needed to bulk up while still being able to cut to 160 b/c GGG bullied him around pretty good the first time around, and he wanted to be able to stop that while still being able to make the weight. Get stronger but don't gain too much weight in the process.

But I don't know shit about clen and you seem well versed. Do you think that theory is plausible?

I can tell you Clen is not effective to gain muscle or make you stronger. It would help in a weight cut, a lot. But it would make no sense to take before camp as Canelo is not a small middleweight and has no problem making weight. He doesn't get fat in between camps. Clen would make you feel like shit I wouldn't want to be on that while I was going through the rigors of training. I could see someone using it as a last ditch effort to make weight or to help cut a significant amount of weight by a deadline. And that is why it is a banned substance for the same reason as diuretics although it works differently but still used to lose weight.

<{cruzshake}> .
Dude you know as well as I do clen gives you epic counters it allows you to see in slow motion but the side effect is slow feet

My theory is that if Clenelo used it purposefully then it was b/c, from what I understand, it helps to not only cut weight but also maintain muscle mass. The theory being that he felt like he needed to bulk up while still being able to cut to 160 b/c GGG bullied him around pretty good the first time around, and he wanted to be able to stop that while still being able to make the weight. Get stronger but don't gain too much weight in the process.

But I don't know shit about clen and you seem well versed. Do you think that theory is plausible?

I dont think the science backs clen as keeping/building muscle mass, in humans anyways. Think they found a study that it had muscle mass impact on animals. Either way, Ive been around guys who use it on cutting cycles when lifting heavy, and for cardio intensive sports such as boxing/wrestling as a means of cutting weight. My guess is Canelo probably cycled it outside of camp to keep his weight slightly lower...would have meant less weight to shift when he went back into a training camp. Ive no idea how pros use it tho that's just my guessing.

How about you do your own research instead of going off of what "everyone says?"

The hair follicle test is not the end all be all, a simple google search will tell you that. It is not hard to see what benefits Canelo gains from using Clen, once again research (google is a thing), common sense (Clen wouldn't be banned for no reason), and context go a long way here.

But given your last sentence, you clearly have no idea or choose to be very naive regarding how any of this works/goes on within sports.

Victor Conte, who knows more about peds than almost anyone, is on record saying Canelo probably cheated and that clenbuterol would obviously help a boxer, especially with weight cutting.

He also said something pertinent - the onus is on Canelo to actually prove it was contaminated meat, and he's done no such thing. Some athletes have done exactly that, managed to trace where the meat came from.

Canelo just blithely claims he ate a contaminated taco or whatever, sure. Seems likely, especially given how strict boxers are with their diets, generally having a nutrionist 24/7 in camp.

giphy.gif

LOL at that clown seano finding any reason to hate on Gennady.

Waited months? Fuck off this fight was put together a few weeks ago. If by months you meant the GGG vs CANelo fight then then CANelo ruined that by being a PED abuser and cheater.

Waste of time? Everyone with a clue knew this was a keep busy fight - you wasted your time then why the fuck did you watch?

Trying to spin last night as Gennady doing something wrong and never acknowledging the actual wrong doer is beyond pathetic.

As the catch phrase goes, "haters gonna hate"

This is the same guy that thinks Hatton is better than Pryor, yet Pryor would beat Duran.

{<jordan}

Victor Conte, who knows more about peds than almost anyone, is on record saying Canelo probably cheated and that clenbuterol would obviously help a boxer, especially with weight cutting.

He also said something pertinent - the onus is on Canelo to actually prove it was contaminated meat, and he's done no such thing. Some athletes have done exactly that, managed to trace where the meat came from.

Canelo just blithely claims he ate a contaminated taco or whatever, sure. Seems likely, especially given how strict boxers are with their diets, generally having a nutrionist 24/7 in camp.

giphy.gif
Really this is a direct qoute from Victor Conte
Here, we end up with this dog-ate-my-homework type of excuse and everyone thinks (Canelo) was doing drugs. It is plausible that he did not intentionally cheat. Nobody can say for sure if there was intent or not. He could have used Clenbuterol for three months and there are still traces in his body. Or he could have eaten tainted meat.

https://www.boxingscene.com/victor-conte-reacts-canelo-testing-positive-clenbuterol--125934

Seems you like story telling

If I can speak on Sean's behalf here, I don't think he dislikes GGG the man, he just fucking hates his fans. So what he does is kinda downplay GGG a little b/c GGG doesn't have a style that Seano naturally likes, as well as the added benefit of trolling said GGG fans whom, as mentioned, he hates.

I've seen Seano give compliments to GGG. He's sold on the fighter. It might've taken him awhile to be sold on the fighter, but he is. What he never will be is nice to GGG fans. He doesn't like us, so he mocks us and messes with us, and probably over criticizes GGG b/c he knows all of us nut huggers will get angry, and he finds that to be a fun hobby.

He did it with my guy Matthysse for years, b/c Matty doesn't have a style he's super fond of, but also us Matty fans can be pretty outspoken b/c Matthysse is awesome and we want the world to know. Pac fans, Loma fans, it's not the fighters he dislikes as much as the fans he dislikes. Which is why he seems overly critical at times of a fighter, he knows that he's gonna get shit for it and he doesn't mind that one bit.

Am I on the right track here @Seano ?

Ragging on Lucas is one thing because - no offense to you as a Lucas fan - he is nowhere near Golovkin's league.

It does seem bizarre tbh, that anyone dislikes GGG. It really surprised me that he has fair share of haters - he is very likeable both in and out of the ring.

Shitting on Gennady is just kind of silly at this point, he's clearly one of the very best fighters in the world, and one of the best middleweight champs of all time. Yet you still have people calling him a hypejob, it's insane. Hypejobs get found out long, LONG before what Gennady has accomplished.

In addition to what he has accomplished as a pro, he is 345-5 as an amateur ffs. He is clearly one of the best boxers ever.

Yes. you could use it as part of a stack. But it is used to get that shredded look not for muscle growth.

Clen is used for aesthetics. Not very beneficially for anything else. Plus it makes you all Gaked out.

giphy.webp

<6>.

That's cool tho. Now that I know I have so many questions about if I ever went there what food to get and where to go to have the best experience. I'm that guy. Still cool you can speak multiple languages tho. Melania must be a superstar over there, btw.

Yeah Japanese is a really cool language. I heard Asian languages and Arabic are the two toughest languages to learn.
well if you ever do come here, drop me a message.

everyone knows melania, but i wouldn't call her a superstar. everyone knew who she was before trump won (or even ran), but i never got the feeling she was popular or particularly loved... not hated, but certainly not respected.

slovene is supposedly a bitch to learn, too. i think we're one of only a handful of people who don't have singular and plural only, but also dual. but having an unnecessarily complicated first language does not help you with learning other complicated languages :(

Really this is a direct qoute from Victor Conte
Here, we end up with this dog-ate-my-homework type of excuse and everyone thinks (Canelo) was doing drugs. It is plausible that he did not intentionally cheat. Nobody can say for sure if there was intent or not. He could have used Clenbuterol for three months and there are still traces in his body. Or he could have eaten tainted meat.

https://www.boxingscene.com/victor-conte-reacts-canelo-testing-positive-clenbuterol--125934

Seems you like story telling

Of course he is saying that to be diplomatic, and not outright accuse Canelo and be potentially liable for libel.

If you remove your Canelo tinted glasses for a second, and watch this video, it's pretty obvious he thinks Canelo did it on purpose.

Seems you like being a raging Canelo groupie.

Japanese is an amazing language, and not quite as hard to learn as it looks, at least romaji. But learning all 3 alphabets, especially Kanji, is obviously really hard ;)

this is the dumbest fucking argument i've ever heard and it's always used to somehow exonerate cheaters.

does anything other than drilling directly improve your head movement and footwork? and yet, people are consistently caught using PEDs in combat sports. i wonder why... it's almost as if physical attributes such as speed, explosiveness, endurance, and power, all play a role in a fight. but of course, if taking a performance enhancer doesn't directly improve your boxing skill, you can't possibly benefit from it in a fight!

nevermind the fact that many PEDs are used to enable athletes to train more, and thus actually develop better skills... no no, all irrelevant. the only thing that matters is that nothing is found in your system on fight night, everything else is just for aesthetics.

Of course he is saying that to be diplomatic, and not outright accuse Canelo and be potentially liable for libel.

If you remove your Canelo tinted glasses for a second, and watch this video, it's pretty obvious he thinks Canelo did it on purpose.

Seems you like being a raging Canelo groupie.

So his words dont matter just what you "feel" he really means lol how's that mirror working out

Back