UFC reaches deal with Disney/ESPN

Not bad for the owners.. good but not great money

Something else to look for in 2019

UFC going public
If WME takes a page out of WWE's book & puts 25-40% of the company public, they will make severe bank & the loans will even be a lesser issue

Does that mean that the usual secret contracts and back room bonuses will have to see the light of day?

Does that mean that the usual secret contracts and back room bonuses will have to see the light of day?

WWE has been public for a long time, and their filings don't give any insight into how the wrestlers are compensated.

oh fuck not Disney watch out for full WMMA card and mary sue story

They are already reported to IRS (if that is what you mean)
But if you mean will every pay-out be public? No

All they need to do is report the end of year total as they do now

ESPN is dying. They're ratings are tanking. Ufc is out of touch with where things are going. Things are moving towards streaming services and people are getting away from cable.
Which is why the espn deal is solely streaming and not cable.

Try actually reading the op

ESPN is a dying channel facing layoffs and losing serious cash. Not to mention pissing off their owner Disney in the process. ESPN is grasping at straws at this point, ESPN will help the UFC, as well as Reebok, did. Think about that one lol.

Tyquil Woodley will fit in at ESPN since everything is about identity politics over there too.

They aren't even going to be on ESPN. They're going to be on ESPN.... X!

But it sounds like they will still be negotiating a deal with Fox as their primary television broadcaster.

Which is why the espn deal is solely streaming and not cable.

Try actually reading the op

I'm pretty sure the first three pages of responses failed to read any of the articles as well.

What I wonder is how the UFC plan s to schedule all of this content. If they still maintain 4-5 yearly Fox cards and 12(?) FS1 cards, plus their own fightpass events, plus 15 ESPN X cards, their product is going to be even more watered down than it is now and they'll be employing even more fighters at all times (which in present day they seem unwilling to do with a consistency of quality).

I'm pretty sure the first three pages of responses failed to read any of the articles as well.

What I wonder is how the UFC plan s to schedule all of this content. If they still maintain 4-5 yearly Fox cards and 12(?) FS1 cards, plus their own fightpass events, plus 15 ESPN X cards, their product is going to be even more watered down than it is now and they'll be employing even more fighters at all times (which in present day they seem unwilling to do with a consistency of quality).
I think their own fightpass events will most certainly go to espn+

They will get the shanghai, Berlin etc

Streaming service won't be so hung up on broadcast times, people will watch when they wakeup etc

I think their own fightpass events will most certainly go to espn+

They will get the shanghai, Berlin etc

Streaming service won't be so hung up on broadcast times, people will watch when they wakeup etc

Who knows with the UFC, as anything they say is bullshit until official actions are taken. The article in mmajunkie however, mentions that the UFC intends to continue running fightpass even with the ESPN deal in place, and to continue hosting cards there.

why do you assume that ESPN's events are coming from teh "22 Fox" events pool, and that Fox arent moving forward with the UFC still?

How do you know these 14 events are the old Fightpass only events, plus some brand new ones..?

and where in any of this did you read that they are leaving fox?

I just assumed FOX was done with them. It's too bad we don't have all the details about where UFC content will be appearing. As a consumer, I wish I could get it all in one place.

Oh wait, I can: Pirate Internet streams.

I found this post by mmalogic particularly worrisome. It seems UFC execs have learned nothing at all about the negative effects of over-saturation. They'll gladly split the tv deal(in addition to the ESPN deal) and give 15-20 events per broadcaster, if each is willing to pay 150-200 million. How does 50 TV/streamed events a year sound to you? It's as if WME didn't care about the long term sustainability of the sport and wanted to go all-in on tv cash for short term profit. What happens in 5 years when TV ratings are dismal, do you think the UFC will be getting another $450 million a year contract? I expect WME will have unloaded the whole shebang long before then.

05/09/2018
.......I also believe wme/ufc would easily pick turner over fox or nbc if the bid is comparable.

that being said, there could be another split ;)

If there’s another buyer with around 200m/yr for ufc content then you gotta sell them something right... you can’t just say no to that kind of money.

Ppv is going to take a back seat now... once the dust settles we’ll see if there will be 6 ppv’s a year, 4 or 3.

I know Lorenzo wanted 54 live events a year for “world fucking domination”

if both fox and nbc (or turner) are willing to budget around 200m/yr then fuck Ppv.

How many ppv events can you monetize better than the amount of tv money being thrown around? Not many.

maybe 3 or 4 a year. Max 6.

With The price that espn has set for a 15 event package you’re actually losing money by staging most of these ppv’s instead of monetizing them through licensing fees.

Actually, FOX ponied up more money to keep the UFC around.
Guess the UFC got a better deal somewhere else despite FOX offering more money.

Guess the UFC isn't dying after all.
Ive seen your kind before

But where

snake-oil-salesman.jpg

I'm cancelling fight pass if this is the case. Fuck paying for both.

I found this post by mmalogic particularly worrisome. It seems UFC execs have learned nothing at all about the negative effects of over-saturation. They'll gladly split the tv deal(in addition to the ESPN deal) and give 15-20 events per broadcaster, if each is willing to pay 150-200 million. How does 50 TV/streamed events a year sound to you? It's as if WME didn't care about the long term sustainability of the sport and wanted to go all-in on tv cash for short term profit. What happens in 5 years when TV ratings are dismal, do you think the UFC will be getting another $450 million a year contract? I expect WME will have unloaded the whole shebang long before then.

05/09/2018
.......I also believe wme/ufc would easily pick turner over fox or nbc if the bid is comparable.

that being said, there could be another split ;)

If there’s another buyer with around 200m/yr for ufc content then you gotta sell them something right... you can’t just say no to that kind of money.

Ppv is going to take a back seat now... once the dust settles we’ll see if there will be 6 ppv’s a year, 4 or 3.

I know Lorenzo wanted 54 live events a year for “world fucking domination”

if both fox and nbc (or turner) are willing to budget around 200m/yr then fuck Ppv.

How many ppv events can you monetize better than the amount of tv money being thrown around? Not many.

maybe 3 or 4 a year. Max 6.

With The price that espn has set for a 15 event package you’re actually losing money by staging most of these ppv’s instead of monetizing them through licensing fees.

That sounds like it will be exhausting but unfortunately that sounds just like what these fucking corps do.

i suppose i wouldnt be able to say no either if i had more than one bidder. create some more titles/divisions, sign some more scrubs, add more seasons of the contender series and cash my check. damn scoundrels.

According to sherdog....UFC, Disney and ESPN are all dieing.

Also...Walmart, Apple and the NFL are on their death beds too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockweiler
Back