OK real conservatives, here is your chance. Denounce Trump for his deficit spending

I am a economic progressive. Education is a huge part of that. Federal funding to hire more teachers to limit classroom sizes, wouldnt give the federal government authority over state ran schools, and certainly wouldn't do so any more then Bush or Obama's national standards.

Btw, I support political revolution, not violent revolution. Things would have to get allot worse before I would support attacking organized power at it's strongest point.

I have no problem with more funding to lower class sizes and its a shame that fraud in schools hurts the students. I would like our school systems go to a more practical life based curriculum instead of geared towards worthless federal tests which prepares people for nothing in real life . I will support more educational funding if there are no tax increases included and the system is reformed. There are a lot of US systems that need reform.

Despite our differing viewpoints on some things, I respect your ability to actually talk about an issue and not resort to immature partisan garbage. I also support political revolution with the power and decision back to the people in a more accessible manner. The current beaucracy needs to go and the system needs to be cleansed of the entrenched generational elite. I don't want a violent revolution but feel the people need to strongly show their feelings to our politcal leaders.

I have no problem with more funding to lower class sizes and its a shame that fraud in schools hurts the students. I would like our school systems go to a more practical life based curriculum instead of geared towards worthless federal tests which prepares people for nothing in real life . I will support more educational funding if there are no tax increases included and the system is reformed. There are a lot of US systems that need reform.

Despite our differing viewpoints on some things, I respect your ability to actually talk about an issue and not resort to immature partisan garbage. I also support political revolution with the power and decision back to the people in a more accessible manner. The current beaucracy needs to go and the system needs to be cleansed of the entrenched generational elite. I don't want a violent revolution but feel the people need to strongly show their feelings to our politcal leaders.

Agreed on the life based testing. Took a Java class once, had to write code to play the card game war, with 2 decks, and up to 4 players.

That was a great test.

Being able define the difference between a if or and statement is far less important than being able to use both.

The fact that we don't teach geometry and trig, in a hands on manner, is a crying shame. People might not think math is so useless if they saw it put to work, before they got to calculus.

I hear allot of talk from the right about leftist indoctrination in school. I am far more concerned with the way school endeavors to force people to conform to writ memorization.

Only if you are willing to do the same, and pick who you think will win. Bet is void if niether wins.

You have a damn incumbent president, if you have any faith at all, you should jump at that.

Take the bet @HereticBD. These are solid terms

And Trump doesnt even need a lame excuse like the great recession to do it. MAGA.

Btw TS, anyone who criticizes Trump is a lefty, you know that.

Was a better bet for him, then the one he said he would take me up on. Not sure if he actually wanted that bet, or wanted to see if I actually believed what I was saying.

Can you point me to the one he said he’d take you up on? I’ve flipped through this whole thread, a few actual interesting points brought up, but didn’t see that post

Can you point me to the one he said he’d take you up on? I’ve flipped through this whole thread, a few actual interesting points brought up, but didn’t see that post

We agreed that I got Bernie, and he has the field, but it is a one month sig/av bet for me, one year for him.

I put it on him, to make it official in the bet thread, said I would co-sign. Would not be surprised if he changes his mind.

I was complaining of it being a suckers bet, and somehow got him to take one instead.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he just wanted to see if I actually believe it.

We agreed that I got Bernie, and he has the field, but it is a one month sig/av bet for me, one year for him.

I put it on him, to make it official in the bet thread, said I would co-sign. Would not be surprised if he changes his mind.

I was complaining of it being a suckers bet, and somehow got him to take one instead.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he just wanted to see if I actually believe it.

He posted in the bet thread. The sucker's bet is yours.

He posted in the bet thread. The sucker's bet is yours.

I disagree.

I hope you know that I feel vindicated in my bet loss to you on Bernie, by Trump's election. I was right, the superdelegates should have removed her as the nominee, and the FBI investigation was key to her election loss.

I'm already on the record for opposing Trump's and the Republican Congress' deficit spending. (I support the tax cut. I don't think the US has a revenue problem. I think we have a spending problem.) That omnibus bill was bad imo. Trump shouldn't have signed it.

I'm already on the record for opposing Trump's and the Republican Congress' deficit spending. (I support the tax cut. I don't think the US has a revenue problem. I think we have a spending problem.) That omnibus bill was bad imo. Trump shouldn't have signed it.

You cut defense spending by 100 billion, instead of raising it 300 billion, and the tax cuts would be negligible.

I disagree.

I hope you know that I feel vindicated in my bet loss to you on Bernie, by Trump's election. I was right, the superdelegates should have removed her as the nominee, and the FBI investigation was key to her election loss.

It doesn't surprise me that you subjectively feel vindicated even after being objectively proved wrong. I can only speak the truth; I can't make you acknowledge it. It's humorous that you think that your character weakness is a point of pride.

(I support the tax cut. I don't think the US has a revenue problem. I think we have a spending problem.)

That's a statement of pure tribalism, with no intellectual content, isn't it? The fact is that borrowing is way up as a result of the tax cut. It's no different than if we just borrowed money to send a check to rich people.

It doesn't surprise me that you subjectively feel vindicated even after being objectively proved wrong. I can only speak the truth; I can't make you acknowledge it. It's humorous that you think that your character weakness is a point of pride.

That's a statement of pure tribalism, with no intellectual content, isn't it? The fact is that borrowing is way up as a result of the tax cut. It's no different than if we just borrowed money to send a check to rich people.

I just denounced the group you consider my tribe, both the President and Congress. The irony is that your knee jerk reaction against anything I say is what is tribal here.

I just denounced the group you consider my tribe, both the President and Congress. The irony is that your knee jerk reaction against anything I say is what is tribal here.

Nah, it's a meaningless "denunciation" that is actually quite common in your tribe. Anyway, you're ducking the point--your statement has no real content; it's just a mind-clearing mantra uttered by right-wing tribalists. As I said, the tax cuts are functionally identical to just borrowing money to give to rich heirs and some high earners.

Well 1 page in and Viva letting him self get derailed.

Lots of right wingers dancing around the debt question.....

Title says it all.

I want a list of posters that I will accept talking about deficit spending, when Bernie takes office in 2020.

If you aren't willing to denounce Trump over deficit spending, then you need to shut the fuck up when Democrats take office.

For the deficit spending Trump is creating we could have Medicare for all, and debt free college education.

You got slightly better economic growth then Obama did instead. Tired of winning I'm sure.

I denounce Trump's deficit spending, but really. .Bernie?

Back