Time to start carrying a gun

Gun is not enough, get a shot gun.

The spread would take both of those POS out.

Large dog or dogs is useful also.
“Honey, don’t forget to pack my toothbrush, oh, and my Mossberg!”

SMH

If you’re not already acquainted with firearms please just take classes and learn about firearm safety regarding everything from handling to cleaning to storage. If you don’t you and your family will absolutely be less safe with the gun around than without.

And two guys with guns in this scenario would still outgun you. Keeping your family safe wouldn’t necessarily include being a trigger happy “hero” as it didn’t this time. You played it cool and smart and you guys were safe.

If they're entering his room, and he has a gun he still has a very significant advantage. The "extra gun" here means very little juxtaposing his choice of where the engagement takes place, his place in the OODA loop, and his position (assuming he chose a good defensive location initially).

I just faced a scary situation & learned a lesson. Don’t ever get caught without a gun.

So me, my girlfriend & my daughter are in a hotel. At 2am we heard pounding on our door. I look though the peep hole & can see two guys in black hoodies with bandanas on their faces standing off to the side of the door. They think they’re hidden from view but I can clearly see them. I think they were hoping we would open the door looking to see who it was & then they would barge in. They were there for about 5 minutes. After awhile one of them put their ear up to the door to listen in & then the other covered up the peep hole. Finally they left.

During all of this my girlfriend went into the bathroom & called 911. About 20-30 minutes later two cops finally showed up. Had the guys forced their way into our room, they could’ve done whatever they intended & been long gone by the time the cops came. I felt completely helpless knowing I was up against two guys who I’m sure had guns. That’s not a good feeling when you’re in charge of protecting your girlfriend & daughter. It’s one thing when it’s just you, it’s completely different when your girlfriend & 10 month baby are in the room.

I’m no where near the anti gun type nor was I the type who felt the need to carry a gun for protection. That was until I faced this situation & realized carrying a gun is absolutely necessary. It only takes one time like this to learn that lesson.

Was your room close to a stairwell, by chance?

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Just fucking LOL at the people saying you need military style training to defend your family with a gun. A gun evens the odds with criminal assholes who want to kill you.

What are the Vegas odds of a 93 pound Asia woman versus 3 armed gang members?

She is dead without a gun. She has a chance with a gun. Gun rights give the powerless a chance to live in a violent world filled with people who vote for Democrats.

You do need training. Just like throwing a punch or baking a cake. That lady was lucky she didn't get killed. Even though it looks like things turned out OK for her tactically she seems to have made mistakes.

It's not paranoid to think that every single time you leave the house that somebody is going to violently attack you to the extent you need a gun to defend yourself every single time?
That's exactly what paranoia is, you clown. Paranoid pussies constantly on edge like you are the reason there is so many gun deaths in your country.

<TrumpWrong1>

Sorry to hear this happened to you TS. Criminals should never feel like they can rob, rape, break in etc with impunity.

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.
Op did the right thing by having his wife call 5-0. Too bad it took them forever to arrive...probably were dispatched to a call of a Liberal with sand in his vagina!

Anywho, best thing to do is call 911 and even the hotel manager (create a diversion). Stay inside and wait.

The firearm would’ve come in handy if the two guys actually breached the door. Why do you suppose he would’ve only shot at ONE of them?

More likely that he opens the door and gets shot. You sound 10.

You think a guy firing a shotgun from cover gets hit before 2 guys jostling each other down a narrow hotel room hallway while also trying to aim their handguns?

pshhh what kind of man are you? honestly. you don't put your family at the mercy of armed lunatics. you protect your family and be willing to lay down your life to do so.

with your mentality this is the type of outcome you'll get https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

I'd like to see the holster for that thing.

iu

Like the 2nd creep is going to stick around to finish "the battle" after the 1st guy gets shot

It's not about being scum and robbing people, it's about honor!

Because his sentence was that he won't mow his lawn without a handgun, and I think that makes him a pussy. Valid discussion in my eyes.
Now can you explain to me why you think I would be scared in the situation of mowing my lawn without a gun? I mowed it on Sunday.. without a gun. Guess that makes me the tough guy in the situation like you said
No, that's not what I'm saying, sure 99% of the time nothing will happen. It just doesn't make him a paranoid American. He's being prepared. Just like most car crashes occur near your house you never know when you'll need to protect yourself.

1. Open the door
2. Let them in

3. <{cuts}>
4. Profit???

All joking aside, I'm glad you and your family are safe.

pshhh what kind of man are you? honestly. you don't put your family at the mercy of armed lunatics. you protect your family and be willing to lay down your life to do so.

with your mentality this is the type of outcome you'll get https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

that cheshire case was a nightmare come true .. I don't see how that guy can still live with himself knowing that happened to his own family on his watch .. and to top it off he freed himself and ran off leaving them to the mercy of the two perps

Is France more civilised? There are turnstiles there, suppose that means they're on par with us American shit bags.

My point is I hate these comparisons to Germany, I lived there for four years, and traveled all over it. I was still happy to get back the the states. That's not saying I didn't like it, Germany is great but I'll live in America. I think comparing NYC to any German city is not at all equal, different cultures and histories.

Also was almost mugged in London near, Kings square? At the underground station. Later was told that area often has criminals going after tourist. Also remember stepping over homeless people in Brussels, then seeing that one of them had shit on the ground at the bottom of the staircase to the station. I guess while NYC may be worse, its really just a big city thing. Zurich however was one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to, I don't remember seeing a homeless person there or in Luxembourg. Worth noting that the population of those cities is no where near even the population of Manhattan, just a guess..
I'd have to research to get the name but I remember an American LHW that went to Germany to fight Maske or Michalczewski and was attacked while doing roadwork by a gang of neonazis. Shit happens so it's best to be prepared.

Who said they were armed? Even if they were, the gun is more for shock value. Do you really think robbers want to go to jail for killing someone? I think TS forgot he had ordered room service...
People are killed by criminals all the time. Jails are full of lowlifes.

Back