PSA: PED does indeed have an effect on technique too.

All I'm taking away from this is that PEDs make fighters fight better, so if all fighters were allowed to use PEDs without consequences we would have better fights.

There's dumbfucks arguing with the OP? Fucks sake man... Just exposing the dumb fucks who have never been in a gym or played a sport before. You guys are some stupid mfers! Not even gonna debate yall. Yall some stupid little fucking retards!

Who's Making the argument that it doesn't affect technique? This is news to me.

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.
more importantly it eliminates fear.

Good points TS.

All the more reason to make all PEDs legal; better fights.

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.

Steroid does not make someone more technical. Brock is a walking pharmacy and his striking never improved:

He has horrible striking offense as well as defense despite how much steroids he took:
280shmw.gif

ljGdrOs.gif

A fighter won't be champion by just taking steroids. He needs natural talent and fight IQ.

he has only 1 failed steroid test...for a tiny amount of turinobol...such a small amount will have zero effect on his fighting...ZERO....steroids didn't ko dc...a kick did.

I don't understand this puritanism about a sport riddled with PEDs. Why do they believe DC is "clean"? A guy who came from olympic wrestling!!!!

sherbros can be too naive.

Watching joe rogan's retarded theory on jones being innocent. He did say that there was such a small trace amount In his system that it wouldn't have had any effect on his performance. Is that true or bullshit?

Sorry man but it isn't that simple. If it were, anyone could be a Ufc champ. Roids help, but it is far from the end game. Honestly. If everyone roided, someone would still be at the top. I am not advocating for roid usage at all. But a guy like Silva has a shit ton of talent to go with it.

If they didn't have a benefit, then why would dudes risk everything to take them?

Anyone down-playing that is transparent. Their fave fighter has been exposed as a CHEATER, period.
this. There would be no motive to take them if they didn't have an effect on the fight. D.C. said he would have beat the Jones that fought OSP..Jones knew he was right and didn't have the confidence to do a rematch without the sauce. I wonder if they help the fighter with absorbing shots during the fight?

I don't understand this puritanism about a sport riddled with PEDs. Why do they believe DC is "clean"? A guy who came from olympic wrestling!!!!

sherbros can be too naive.
DC was jacked as fuck back then

DanielCormier07Worlds300x375.jpg

Tell tale signs there. He is a lean 210+ lbs at 5'10, thats massive. Big traps and delts. I love DC and he is an amazing athlete but I really doubt he is a lifelong natural, PEDs are just part of high level sports

Watching joe rogan's retarded theory on jones being innocent. He did say that there was such a small trace amount In his system that it wouldn't have had any effect on his performance. Is that true or bullshit?
Only if the small amount meant he actually just took a tainted supplement and wasn't really on anything. But I've heard other knowledgeable people say that the container that had whatever Jones was on could have contained a trace amount of what he got popped for because the places making the steroids didn't completely clean it.

Tell tale signs there. He is a lean 210+ lbs at 5'10, thats massive. Big traps and delts. I love DC and he is an amazing athlete but I really doubt he is a lifelong natural, PEDs are just part of high level sports
Or, there are litterally 1000's of guys out there that are built like dc naturally. They by no means have what dc has in skill or strength, but maybe go to a Walmart for a couple hours and you will see a couple guys that fit this description.

Ts, you're preaching to people that have no means of thinking for themselves, you're wasting your time.

This picture compared to what he looks like now..knowing that he never stopped training..is definitely suspect.

Steroids give you an incredible feeling of well being, you just feel content and focused .

This can only be a plus pre fight ,I knew a lot of dudes who tried everythjng to avoid coming off due to the crash but mostly th change in mentality, that's the addictive part th feel good factor

Or, there are litterally 1000's of guys out there that are built like dc naturally. They by no means have what dc has in skill or strength, but maybe go to a Walmart for a couple hours and you will see a couple guys that fit this description.
False

He wrestled at 210 lbs and looked at most 20% body fat. That means he was at least 225 lbs + there.

Plug these figures in a fat free mass calculator and you'll see that he has a FFM of at least 25.2

Studies show that:
The normalized FFMI values of athletes who had not used steroids extended up to a well-defined limit of 25.0.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7496846

Just lol @ thinking that olympic wrestlers are clean

No way he was at a d1 school, olympics and MMA in his 40s and not touched the stuff

Only if the small amount meant he actually just took a tainted supplement and wasn't really on anything. But I've heard other knowledgeable people say that the container that had whatever Jones was on could have contained a trace amount of what he got popped for because the places making the steroids didn't completely clean it.
The gear he was microdosing was probably tainted. Anyone who thinks he hasn't been on it the whole time is naïve, he has two brothers in the NFL(who have also been caught in the easiest testing protocol to cheat).

Back