PSA: PED does indeed have an effect on technique too.

I think steroids also give a serious mental benefit. Look at the way Reem used to just walk people down.. and I know his chin is shot, but it makes fighters feel invincible.
Other way around. To become UFC champ you must face adversity. Steroid users fold far more easily.

False

He wrestled at 210 lbs and looked at most 20% body fat. That means he was at least 225 lbs + there.

Plug these figures in a fat free mass calculator and you'll see that he has a FFM of at least 25.2

Studies show that:
The normalized FFMI values of athletes who had not used steroids extended up to a well-defined limit of 25.0.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7496846

Just lol @ thinking that olympic wrestlers are clean
"Studies show that" Jesus man. Fuck studies and use your brain.

A for instance. I grew up in Northern Ontario in a small town. Genetics say most of our fathers were lumberjacks. I would say near 50% of my graduating class (male) was over 200 lb's and had abbs.

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.

I mostly agree with you, but you are assuming Cormier wasn't also on PEDs which is ridiculous.

he has only 1 failed steroid test...for a tiny amount of turinobol...such a small amount will have zero effect on his fighting...ZERO....
How would you possibly know how much is needed for an amount that will have an impact on performance, and what makes you so sure he didn't game the system effectively up until he got caught?
If he was taking a supplement that contained PEDs (lol at still believing this guy whonwas already popped would be that careless unintentionally), why didn't he have that same amount of the substances in his system for prior testing?
He just took a random supplement the day of the fight, for the first time? Not knowing if it would help or not, since he never took it before... since he didn't test positive for turinabol?
The amount of mental gymnastics to defend another man, who happens to have been busted before, and also has a history of drug use, anyway, is a sight to behold.
What would happen if you accepted him cheating? Would your life come undone?
Seriously, what stake do you have in this dude not being a proven cheater after he's already been proven a cheater according to tests?

I liked Anderson. He tested positive after a horrendous injury, which doesn't excuse PED use, but I feel it would almost make sense for a guy like that to juice. I don't need to justify what he did, or say it was dick pills. I don't have to argue with people who say he was a long time cheater. He made his own choice. That's life. What's so different when it's Jones?

People are stupid Bro. Steroids are a massive benefit, it's why people take them.
Exactly... Do people believe that million dollar athletes are spending a ton on a placebo? Just look at the effect it has on the people who are sick and use them to gain muscle. Makes life a lot more livable for them.. now throw that into a guy like Brock and u see what can happen. I'm really interested in seeing where all this ends up with gene doping and shit

There's a reason why fighters are taking such a huge risk and using PEDs even in the USADA era. It clearly makes a big difference. Why else would Jones continue using even after being busted the first time? I know there are people out there who claim he would've beaten DC without PEDs. Jones obviously didn't believe it. And he knows himself better than anyone else. He knows how he performs with and without PEDs. I believe the only time he ever fought clean was against OSP. And him starting that new strength training routine was a way for him to try and compensate for not using anymore.

Its incredible how stupid so many people in the heavies are. I mean there is a lot of straight up tards

I think steroids also give a serious mental benefit. Look at the way Reem used to just walk people down.. and I know his chin is shot, but it makes fighters feel invincible.
Has Reems chin ever not been shot?

I agree with you and TS though. The fact that some people think the only thing that they do is makes you a little stronger is just plain silly. They give an athlete an advantage in every single aspect of the game.

Steroid does not make someone more technical. Brock is a walking pharmacy and his striking never improved:

He has horrible striking offense as well as defense despite how much steroids he took:
280shmw.gif

ljGdrOs.gif

A fighter won't be champion by just taking steroids. He needs natural talent and fight IQ.

this wasnt 100% brock.

Brock Lesnar is the greatest part time fighter of all time.

So basically PEDs...

Allow fighters to recover faster
Make for better fighters and better fights
Give fighters more longevity as they can stave off aging a little

While "banning" them....

Gets tons of fights cancelled and top fighters suspended
Encourages more injuries because guys cant train as hard
Turns guys that were beasts before into skinnyfat pussy cats
Doesnt even catch everybody because some guys still manage to game the system

This picture compared to what he looks like now..knowing that he never stopped training..is definitely suspect.

Age, Lack of discipline in diet after being in pro sports for 20 years, etc..

How would you possibly know how much is needed for an amount that will have an impact on performance, and what makes you so sure he didn't game the system effectively up until he got caught?
If he was taking a supplement that contained PEDs (lol at still believing this guy whonwas already popped would be that careless unintentionally), why didn't he have that same amount of the substances in his system for prior testing?
He just took a random supplement the day of the fight, for the first time? Not knowing if it would help or not, since he never took it before... since he didn't test positive for turinabol?
The amount of mental gymnastics to defend another man, who happens to have been busted before, and also has a history of drug use, anyway, is a sight to behold.
What would happen if you accepted him cheating? Would your life come undone?
Seriously, what stake do you have in this dude not being a proven cheater after he's already been proven a cheater according to tests?

I liked Anderson. He tested positive after a horrendous injury, which doesn't excuse PED use, but I feel it would almost make sense for a guy like that to juice. I don't need to justify what he did, or say it was dick pills. I don't have to argue with people who say he was a long time cheater. He made his own choice. That's life. What's so different when it's Jones?

Honestly, I don't care if he took roids...I just don't think it's going to help him all that much...his wrestling has always been there since college..and his striking, isn't exactly 1 punch ko power...he wins by using a variety of strikes..which steroids have no effect on...if he was this big power puncher, ko'ing everyone, I can maybe understand. but most of his wins are by submission.

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.

yes but do people who use them train more or since they are using them they feel they don't have to train more? that's the magic question

Honestly, I don't care if he took roids...I just don't think it's going to help him all that much...his wrestling has always been there since college..and his striking, isn't exactly 1 punch ko power...he wins by using a variety of strikes..which steroids have no effect on...if he was this big power puncher, ko'ing everyone, I can maybe understand. but most of his wins are by submission.
You obviously missed the point of the original post.... roids DO have effects on it all!!!

Recovery benefits from steroids are hella overrated, I'm on a cycle right now and I'm sore as shit from a workout.

Strength, aggression, mood >>>> recovery. Can hardly notice a difference between recovery on and off cycle. I'm on a Test/Tren cycle.

I have a buddy who's big into steroids, he's been doing and selling them for about 10 years and tells me nobody should take Tren, it has horrible phycological effects on people and is just bad stuff.

DC was jacked as fuck back then

DanielCormier07Worlds300x375.jpg

Tell tale signs there. He is a lean 210+ lbs at 5'10, thats massive. Big traps and delts. I love DC and he is an amazing athlete but I really doubt he is a lifelong natural, PEDs are just part of high level sports

This picture compared to what he looks like now..knowing that he never stopped training..is definitely suspect.

Wait until you guys get to be 40 years old, then see if your body isn’t different. You’re comparing photos of a 25 yr old DC to a 40 yr old DC and wondering why he looks different?

DC is yet to actually fight a "clean" Jones so its hard to tell but 1 of the "wins" Jones has over DC is deemed a NC under USADA due to multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole which unfortunately makes all his MMA accomplishments null and void.

If USADA went after him like they did Lance Armstrong, his MMA record be 0-1-0 with 23 NC and considering how the CSAC hearing went, they most likely will.

Boasting about the PED usage on twitter does not help either.

DC very well could be 2-0 over a "clean" Jones in this USADA era.

If anything since DC beat Miocic, Jones needed the PEDs to fight DC and could never beat DC without the PEDs to the point he was willing to risk his MMA career for the PEDs.

Only the last remaining Jones nutthuggers who live in Cuckistan would defend his PED usage by just saying that everyone else does it.

jonesCollage.jpg
Yeah, but DC poked Stipe in the eye twice and that’s cheating too! So maybe just maybe DC deserves that loss!

Back