PSA: PED does indeed have an effect on technique too.

100% bullchit!

Once you learn a technique, you own it.

Steroids don't teach you proper techniques, teachers do.

Are you trying to tell me there are a bunch of roided up dudes in gyms using trial and error to learn proper techniques?

Yup

PEDs allow for more training time and faster recovery

More training time and faster recovery allow for time to refine technique

Could someone please explain to me why this is bad thing?

It's not, if everyone is playing by the same rules. If one fighter has those advantages and their opposite number doesnt, it's no longer a fair contest.

You obviously missed the point of the original post.... roids DO have effects on it all!!!

I did read the original post...about being able to train longer, so you can get better...I'm just not buying that..guys train the same whether they are juicing or not...guys that don't take anything, still train a ton.

I wonder how much confidence PEDs give to those guys who own everyone in the gym but can't fight under pressure. I wonder if their inhibitions are gone or greatly reduced once they are all juiced up and are actually able to fight like they do in the gym.

This all day, so many great martial artists are murderers in the gym but cant get it together on “fight night” while lesser martial artists do rather well in competition due to this mental block. Steroids can definitely bridge the mental gap.

They dont have one particular benefit, but a slew of benefits depending on where you need it most.

Sure. But the premise that Jon would've gassed and not been able to throw it and land it relies on an unfounded and biased premise to begin with: that Jon would be gassed by that point. If DC is clean and can make it to round 3, as can many others, there's no reason to say Jon couldn't either. You don't need steroids to make it to round 3 still fresh.

Additionally, but if Jon is aware of the tendency and is prepared to exploit it there's no reason to say he couldn't have landed it earlier in the fight too. Just because he landed it in round 3 doesn't mean it had to land in round 3. It's a bad tendency by DC, it'll happen regardless of the round.

Steroids definitely help, but you guys are also definitely overplaying how much it affected the fight.

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.

I appreciate your passion. That said, PEDs didn't tell Jon Jones that DC kept dipping into the headkick. PED's didn't time the kick. LOL

This all day, so many great martial artists are murderers in the gym but cant get it together on “fight night” while lesser martial artists do rather well in competition due to this mental block. Steroids can definitely bridge the mental gap.

They dont have one particular benefit, but a slew of benefits depending on where you need it most.
If everyone is on the juice, would that mental block remain?

I did read the original post...about being able to train longer, so you can get better...I'm just not buying that..guys train the same whether they are juicing or not...guys that don't take anything, still train a ton.
You might have read it, but obviously didn't comprehend it. And no they don't train the same. If it didn't have huuuge benefits, guys wouldn't risk using the shit.
Obviously you've never trained...

I have a buddy who's big into steroids, he's been doing and selling them for about 10 years and tells me nobody should take Tren, it has horrible phycological effects on people and is just bad stuff.
Eh, it's individual and dose dependent. I don't have any side effects of a psychological nature, no insomnia (trensomnia), no weird dreams, no emotional outbursts. Not getting night sweats either, the only side effect I have from it is horrible cramping when working out and after working out.

Although I see where you are coming from, you have made the mistake of thinking that the higher the number of reps you perform, the better you inherently become. That's not necessarily true, because
you may also be drilling more bad habits and incorrect form with greater repetition.

It's the ratio of good form reps to bad form reps that make you efficient. The more you drill, doesn't necessarily equate to the better technique.

Yup and i don't believe anyone on here actually thinks that Anderson Silva or Jon Jones are shit fighters, they are both very great technical fighters.

But athletism plays an important role in sports in general, mma being no exception, and i dont believe Jon Jones was technically superior to the point that he could compensate for his lack of athletism by relying on that skill. Apparently either did he.

AS on the other hand, was technically superior by a wide margin in the stand up, although a lot of it relied on hand eye coordination, and reflexes, and as soon as age caught up ( watch the Bonnar fight) he lost. It will always be a question as to how long PED's aided in preserving those qualities, and prolonging his Prime.

I think steroids also give a serious mental benefit. Look at the way Reem used to just walk people down.. and I know his chin is shot, but it makes fighters feel invincible.

PED's will def. make you more alert and rage(y), Roid rage is real. Getting an abnormal boost in confidence can be good, bad or both. Like we just saw what happened to Nganou when it came to needing mental confidence.

You might have read it, but obviously didn't comprehend it. And no they don't train the same. If it didn't have huuuge benefits, guys wouldn't risk using the shit.
Obviously you've never trained...

I do train...not mma though...bodybuilding...I'm not saying they don't help...I just don't think jones is a huge user...we'll see how he does when he comes back...

I do train...not mma though...bodybuilding...I'm not saying they don't help...I just don't think jones is a huge user...we'll see how he does when he comes back...
Lol, bodybuilding is nothing even close to training for mma.... and I now know why you don't comprehend logical thinking, because you're a meathead.... a hard gainer of brain cells lol.

I said the same thing here: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ancing-drugs-dont-affect-performance.3767295/

but but that leg kick wasn't caused by Steroids

Yeah bro..

Here DC, you are undefeated now, nobody EVER beat you...it was the steroids that timed that kick and takedowns.

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif

229_Jon_Jones_vs_Daniel_Cormier.0.0.jpg

Still waiting to hear what PED's Jones took and the proof? Still waiting for those eye pokes?

Since PED"s dont make you have skill this is pretty much all irrelevant aint it crybaby? Especially since you will never prove any of the two questions I have asked repeatedly, but since you are a liar in the first place, I already expected that.

Wait until you guys get to be 40 years old, then see if your body isn’t different. You’re comparing photos of a 25 yr old DC to a 40 yr old DC and wondering why he looks different?
I'm 40. was working out hard in high school and was very muscular with a six pack. I work out hard now and am very muscular with a six pack. That's even after getting fat towards the end of college. Maybe it's genetics, but I know in order for D.C. to compete at this level..especially trying to make LHW he can't just be eating anything he wants. Wrestling is the most draining thing I've ever experienced and is the greatest form of cardio..and he does it with Cain. I guess he's an anomaly

Age, Lack of discipline in diet after being in pro sports for 20 years, etc..
That makes what he does even more incredible. Imagine if he had a top notch nutritionist the whole time and took care of himself the way Benard Hopkins, Floyd or GSP did.

Back