Economy Last days of Tesla. Closing a dozen solar plants. Loses deal with Home Depot.

Makes sense that Saudis would want to invest in it as a hedge.

What you are saying about the energy supply for electricity is true but doesn't contradict what I said. The company still has potential to disrupt big oil and the auto industry, so obviously there is going to be a political agenda against it.

There is political agenda for it it too.

They don't want Tesla to fail, they want Musk to fail. The company is fine. Musk is the one in bad shape. Everything was going fine. Recent earnings went well and shot up the stock price. Musk may have saw it as an opportunity to totally roast the shorts and stepped on the pedal by saying that Tesla was going private. Which made the stock jump even more and burn shorts even more. This is all about Musk vs short sellers. That is the issue he is having. Even though he is winning it has been exhausting. He basically wants to get rid of all shit by going private. He is sick of what a public company has to go through. It is a distraction. All these shorts. lol.

The only problem people have with Tesla is they think the stock is overpriced. Which it was.

There is political agenda for it it too.

They don't want Tesla to fail, they want Musk to fail. The company is fine. Musk is the one in bad shape. Everything was going fine. Recent earnings went well and shot up the stock price. Musk may have saw it as an opportunity to totally roast the shorts and stepped on the pedal by saying that Tesla was going private. Which made the stock jump even more and burn shorts even more. This is all about Musk vs short sellers. That is the issue he is having. Even though he is winning it has been exhausting. He basically wants to get rid of all shit by going private. He is sick of what a public company has to go through. It is a distraction. All these shorts. lol.

The only problem people have with Tesla is they think the stock is overpriced. Which it was.

I don't deny there is a political agenda for it too... but there absolutely is a political agenda against the company, not just Musk.

Musk has made himself an easy target with his comments and shitposting on twitter. If the company had a low profile CEO, the attacks would probably be more focused the company and the product... which we've also seen with exaggerated claims about Teslas spontaneously combusting, and focus on the self driving aspect of them crashing all the time.

I think you are giving him too much credit if you think these are calculated moves... if they were he probably would have figured the SEC would be on him this. It seems more like this is something that he would like to have back.

I don't deny there is a political agenda for it too... but there absolutely is a political agenda against the company, not just Musk.

Musk has made himself an easy target with his comments and shitposting on twitter. If the company had a low profile CEO, the attacks would probably be more focused the company and the product... which we've also seen with exaggerated claims about Teslas spontaneously combusting, and focus on the self driving aspect of them crashing all the time.

I think you are giving him too much credit if you think these are calculated moves... if they were he probably would have figured the SEC would be on him this. It seems more like this is something that he would like to have back.

The SEC is investigating. The funding was not secured. He also said it had been run by the Board. It hadn't. It was a random tweet he made while driving to the airport. lol. Which moved markets. See the Leo gif in my OP. The stock is crashing today because of this and the Board is lawyering up.

Is ambien the new "my Twitter account was hacked"?

You've changed your tune. So much for the end being just around the corner.

I think I am fair on Tesla. I went from mocking him to semi defending him and back again in this thread already. Depends on who I am dealing with. Musk acts like a clown and lashes out but I can relate to that. And the company does have problems but I just can't see it failing. Where else you motherfuckers gonna buy cars from? Ford? lol. Other car companies are doing much worse.

That isn't it. In fact, Saudis just invested in Tesla.

They also put $10B into CITI as it spiraled into the abyss in 2008, so that should not be the measure of stability for any company.

I honestly don't know why this place (and the internet in general) has such a rage boner for Musk these days.

Sure, he's not perfect, but he's clearly a businessman with some pretty impressive and important goals.

I hope he and Tesla succeed.

Because we need to keep on sending our youth over to deserts to make sure that oil companies can stay profitable despite them getting our tax dollars as subsidies! We need to keep generations of coal miners underground and exposing them to cave-ins and black lung, well because... That's what they've always done.

I say FUNK DAT. I want a Tesla roof, a Tesla powerwall, and Teslas in my garage.

I think I am fair on Tesla. I went from mocking him to semi defending him and back again in this thread already. Depends on who I am dealing with. Musk acts like a clown and lashes out but I can relate to that. And the company does have problems but I just can't see it failing. Where else you motherfuckers gonna buy cars from? Ford? lol. Other car companies are doing much worse.

Really? Ford, you're making fun of ford? They are profitable, trade at a PE ratio of 6 and pay a 6% dividend (https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/F).

Tesla is a losing billions/quarter and doesn't have money to get through January. I wish Tesla luck, they're going to need it.

I really thought Tesla was going private with Chinese money behind. The guy is crazy but I like him for pushing the future makes no sense to buy combustible engine when electric cars are faster, unless driving distances are big.

Really? Ford, you're making fun of ford? They are profitable, trade at a PE ratio of 6 and pay a 6% dividend (https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/F).

Tesla is a losing billions/quarter and doesn't have money to get through January. I wish Tesla luck, they're going to need it.

Yes, low PE ratio means death. Look at their stock. I will take Tesla stock over Ford any day of the fuckin week. Ford is fail. Amazon has high PE with no dividend . I will take them over Ford too.

fDAY.png

@therealdope is exactly right about his assessment of Tesla. by fundamentals/financials it is garbage and Ford beats it by most metrics. That is why Tesla is shorted so much. I am not value investing here and neither are people buying Tesla. They aren't going on what is, but what could be.

Incorrect.

About what? They are already the best selling brand in Europe in their class.

Germany's premium brands are under pressure to accelerate their plans for electric cars after Tesla's Model S outsold the luxury flagships of Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi in Europe for the first time.

European sales of the Model S outstripped German premium brands' range-topping sedans including the Mercedes S class and BMW 7 series.

The Model S has outsold German rivals in the upper-sedan category in the U.S in previous years, but never in Europe.

"This is an alarm for the traditional automakers such as Mercedes. It says a smaller but smarter brand such as Tesla can beat them at home," said Felipe Munoz, an analyst with market researchers JATO Dynamics.

European automakers need to address the electrification faster because customers are showing more and more interest in such vehicles and it seems that the traditional industry "can't deliver on time," Munoz said.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/...-s-outsells-german-luxury-flagships-in-europe

The SEC is investigating. The funding was not secured. He also said it had been run by the Board. It hadn't. It was a random tweet he made while driving to the airport. lol. Which moved markets. See the Leo gif in my OP. The stock is crashing today because of this and the Board is lawyering up.

The stock's downturn, kind of reinforces my theory that this is a comment he wants to have back rather than something calculated. But regardless of whether it was intentional or not, doesn't really matter at this point.... it was a bad move.

Yes, low PE ratio means death. Look at their stock. I will take Tesla stock over Ford any day of the fuckin week. Ford is fail.
fDAY.png

Ok. Let's say today is the day. You take Tesla this week and I'll Ford. What time horizon do you want to do this little experiment over? 1 yr? 6months? 5yrs?

I hope Tesla succeeds but buying their stock at this price/risk is another matter.

Ok. Let's say today is the day. You take Tesla this week and I'll Ford. What time horizon do you want to do this little experiment over? 1 yr? 6months? 5yrs?

I hope Tesla succeeds but buying their stock at this price/risk is another matter.

Buying Tesla over Ford goes against all expert advice I have ever been given or learned about stocks. I know. lol.

At Tesla's price now? I will take that bet. I wouldnt a few days ago.

Just draw it up. 6 months. 3 months. Less than 6 months would be preferable.

How many times a day does @JonesBones masturbate to Elon Musk?

Dude is completely obsessed with the man.

Back