Data Shows Racial Bias in Miami-Dade, Florida Marijuana Arrests

There was close to as much weed smoking out in the burbs in the 90s, but in Detroit, they would sell it out in the street..To strangers. French road. How you do things affects areas maybe more that what you are actually doing, in some cases.

Eric Holder had his big press conference about the racial bias he had found, and it was that more blacks were ticketed for jay-walking. Well, guess what, they walk down the middle of the street at much older ages like complete retards a lot more. They are coming out to the burbs,and doing it here. In Detroit, it's a zoo with people in the street. So very sorry about what I see with my eyes, and just reality. If somebody, unlike Holder, would say "It's the little things people, it's the little things like not walking down the middle of the street like a whack-job that separates areas that are nice to live in, and areas that look like crap." Well, that might be something that would HELP.

What does Otto and north Korean imprisonment have to do with officers using discretion to arrest people in the states?

If you have a point to make, dont be so lazy
People have empathy for white people who are hurt, but lack that empathy for Black people. That kid broke the law, ended in prison left it alive and died. If a Black guy end up in jail and die, a lot of people will say "shouldn't have been in jail in the first place".

Black people know cops better than any other American, they were damn near created to deal with Black people in the U.S. Black Parents have the police conversation that often white parents never have. They go over the "Yes sir, No sir, Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am", try to keep hands visible", etc, and your dumb ass comments imply that a group of people who already know there's bias against them are going to be more antagonistic with law enforcement, while people can MURDER people, or shoot up a place and get treated better than a Black male with a cell phone or wallet.

Black people for the most part are not fucking around when the cops are involved, so GTFOH with you "I'm guessing the shitheads who mouth off are the ones arrested" because for young Black youth, that cop can pull his or her sidearm and blow your brains out and people will justify it.

Black Parents have the police conversation that often white parents never have. They go over the "Yes sir, No sir, Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am", try to keep hands visible", etc,

Evidence? I'm white and was instructed in the ways of the pig by my parents. I also remember talking with my buddy who said his dad told him how to keep his hands on the wheel when approached by an officer.

There was close to as much weed smoking out in the burbs in the 90s, but in Detroit, they would sell it out in the street..To strangers. French road. How you do things affects areas maybe more that what you are actually doing, in some cases.
You can't read? Do they need to bring back hooked on phonics?

Citations are given to people who were caught, it's not this generic anti Black talking point "Black people walk up to cops and sell drugs right in front of them, while white people do it in their homes". Citations is at the officer digression for possession of weed 20 grams or under, cops are choosing to give Black people less citations vs whites.

Easy enough to grasp.

Black and white? Are you assuming their race OP? I’m transracial and I approve this message

Evidence? I'm white and was instructed in the ways of the pig by my parents. I also remember talking with my buddy who said his dad told him how to keep his hands on the wheel when approached by an officer.
It's an important talk.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-police-brutality_us_5789038ce4b08608d3343c3f

https://www.vox.com/2016/8/8/12401792/police-black-parents-the-talk

Black and white? Are you assuming their race OP? I’m transracial and I approve this message
1371607143890.jpeg

Typically this is one area where the data has supported a racist bias. Nevertheless, at ~2x the arrest rate, I simultaneously wonder if they controlled for prior records or parole as @Cubo de Sangre has already mentioned. There is zero discussion of these other factors.

Cops often use little shit to hang up people they suspect of larger crimes, but can't prove (i.e. those "nuisance" crimes), in order to get that person off the street, to continue building their record against them, and to disrupt future potential criminal activity.

data-shows-racial-bias-miami-dade-florida-marijuana-arrests-1.jpg

Know who overwhelmingly controls and is responsible for the highest amount of drug trafficking in Florida and along the entire Eastern Seaboard? Dominicans (i.e. Black Hispanics).

Why are Whites proportionally represented while White Hispanics are overwhelmingly those shown leniency? Why isn't that discussed in the headline? Does it make drawing race-based conclusions a bit illogical, perhaps?

This.

or how much they had total? You can have up to 20 grams, but that is pretty weird to be carrying.

How it was bagged?

What was also charged during the arrest?

Pretty simple logic. Keep in mind, some of these people also compared Serena in a panic room to cops shooting black people... LOL. All just a means to fit an agenda

I think the most disturbing thing about threads like this and people refuting these studies is that, at the core of their argument, they're refuting the idea that racism exists.

They're refuting the idea that law enforcement and enforcers are swayed by racism. They're refuting the idea that sometimes entire departments are rife with racism from the top down and operate on racist beliefs.

It's shocking to me that Americans still deny that racism is a serious issue in all walks, including the law enforcement industry.

How can you be so blind? Is it disingenuous? Are you racist? What is it? There should be no question

People have empathy for white people who are hurt, but lack that empathy for Black people.

What an absurd thing to say. No wonder you have a victim mentality when you believe shit like that

Black Parents have the police conversation that often white parents never have. They go over the "Yes sir, No sir, Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am", try to keep hands visible", etc,

Again an absurd thing to say. Parents teach their kids to respect authority and to pick their battles. Fighting it out or arguing with an officer isn't going to help. What many black parents are doing is teaching them to fear LEOs and that its "open season on black folk"

your dumb ass comments imply that a group of people who already know there's bias against them are going to be more antagonistic with law enforcement

I'm not just implying it. I'll explicitly state such. Are you denying black people are more antagonistic with police?

I think the most disturbing thing about threads like this and people refuting these studies is that, at the core of their argument, they're refuting the idea that racism exists.

Wrong.... racism exists, and its terrible. It's also terrible to wrongly accuse somebody of racism, based on statistics no less

They're refuting the idea that law enforcement and enforcers are swayed by racism. They're refuting the idea that sometimes entire departments are rife with racism from the top down and operate on racist beliefs.

It's shocking to me that Americans still deny that racism is a serious issue in all walks, including the law enforcement industry.

Holy conflation, Batman. :eek:

Holy conflation, Batman. :eek:
You have the numbers right in front of you, but you still argue with them. There is racism in this country, racism in law enforcement... systemic, targeted racism.

Yet when we have numbers to back it up, all of a sudden it's unbelievable

You have the numbers right in front of you, but you still argue with them. There is racism in this country, racism in law enforcement... systemic, targeted racism.

Yet when we have numbers to back it up, all of a sudden it's unbelievable

By "you", you mean me?

Why did you quote me? I literally just said it existed, but we should be careful who we call racists especially when we are extrapolating such info from statistics

Also, that is somebody acting in conflict with the laws and system in place. How could you possibly call that systemic? A shithead racist supervisor used his weight to push his own personal agenda. Racist and corrupt no doubt, but systemic? Nah

Why did you quote me? I literally just said it existed, but we should be careful who we call racists especially when we are extrapolating such info from statistics

Also, that is somebody acting in conflict with the laws and system in place. How could you possibly call that systemic? A shithead racist supervisor used his weight to push his own personal agenda. Racist and corrupt no doubt, but systemic? Nah
Lmao Jesus Christ
So does mine. :)
No

1371607143890.jpeg

Not watching video and the other article says nothing about white parents not telling their kids how to behave when confronted by police. Black people having "the talk" has nothing to do with white people not having it.
Who said zero white people never did?

Back