War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't argue that this voter panel alone proves CNN network-wide bias against Trump. My claim is that the choice of such a panel at this particular time is highly suggestive of anti-Trump bias on the part of Camerota and/or her program's producers.

I'd say barely even suggestive. If you went in thinking that there was a 50/50 chance that the host (whom I'm personally unfamiliar with) was biased against Trump, you're probably coming out thinking the same.

Furthermore, given my experience with extensive viewing of CNN's programs over the past two years, I can state confidently that it is highly unlikely that Camerota will balance this segment with a similarly weird demographic cutting the opposite direction (e.g., strong supporters of Clinton in 2016 who have since decided that Trump is a great president).

I should hope not. In a country as big as America, I'm sure that such people exist, but I can't imagine they'd be easy to find or that there would be any reason to make the effort.

Oh', but you did, in just about every post you made. Now you're running in here for support from your little crew.

You're changing the subject to levy a ridiculous allegation, no? True statements that make you mad /= lies. What I was commenting on was how remarkable it is that right-wingers have apparently embraced the rightly much-mocked opposition to "cultural appropriation" as well as racial quotas. Two things I would not have expected to see.

I should hope not. In a country as big as America, I'm sure that such people exist, but I can't imagine they'd be easy to find or that there would be any reason to make the effort.

...exactly. The same reasoning applies to the segment above, which was my point.

If you went in thinking that there was a 50/50 chance that the host (whom I'm personally unfamiliar with) was biased against Trump, you're probably coming out thinking the same.

Assuming no balancing segment is produced before the elections (and again, I predict that's what will happen), why would you reach that conclusion?

You're changing the subject to levy a ridiculous allegation, no? True statements that make you mad /= lies.

True statements like "Elizebeth Warren never claimed Native status", over, and over, and over, despite physical evidence to the contrary? Those kind of "true" statements?

What I was commenting on was how remarkable it is that right-wingers have apparently embraced the rightly much-mocked opposition to "cultural appropriation" as well as racial quotas. Two things I would not have expected to see.

Meh. This ain't about some white dude having dreds. Its about Elizebeth Warren falsely claiming to be Cherokee to benefit from it.

I don't buy into the whole "cultural appropriation" thing, but if there ever was an apt description of it, that would be it. Probably the only instance I can remember where the term was appropriately applied.

got my mid-term ballet. Since the democrats abandoned the middle class and support violence and censorship, I haven't voted for any of them since 2012 (thanks obama).

Senator is McSally (R) vs Sinema (D) vs Green (G). Sinema is a commie, so that is an easy elimination. Green is from the Green party so that helps a little but I need to read something very positive or I'm voting Trump.

Congress is Ferrara (R) vs Stanton (D).

Govna is Ducey (R) vs Garcia (D) vs Torres (G)

The rest is local stuff.
When did you first know you wanted to be a ballerina?

...exactly. The same reasoning applies to the segment above, which was my point.

Assuming no balancing segment is produced before the elections (and again, I predict that's what will happen), why would you reach that conclusion?

First point: I guess the real question isn't whether the sample was representative but rather whether it was so unrepresentative that I think it couldn't have been chance. I do not. I think it was a slapped-together segment. I think it would take considerably more effort to find Clinton voters who think Trump has been great and are changing their affiliation.

Second point I think has been answered. I don't see it as particularly meaningful evidence. And especially not in light of what we already know.

True statements like "Elizebeth Warren never claimed Native status", over, and over, and over, despite physical evidence to the contrary? Those kind of "true" statements?

Meh. This ain't about some white dude having dreds. Its about Elizebeth Warren falsely claiming to be Cherokee to benefit from it.

I don't buy into the whole "cultural appropriation" thing, but if there ever was an apt description of it, that would be it. Probably the only instance I can remember where the term was appropriately applied.

True statements like Warren only claimed to have a distant NA ancestor.

And it's not true that she received any benefit from her belief.

Interesting that the first (and, let's be honest, last) time "cultural appropriation" ever offended you is Warren. Obviously, it's not a matter of principle.

Amen to that.

I always hear right-wingers saying that liberals believe it's bad, but I've never met any liberal who objects to it. And now the WR right is going all in on it.

It would be like if some partisan flap got right-wingers here to start arguing in favor of open borders.

Last edited:
I always here right-wingers saying that liberals believe it's bad, but I've never met any liberal who objects to it.

Same. Just see people whining about it on the internet. Pretty much always as a way to paint AA's as victims.

Um, OK. Does that contradict what I said?

Since you included the word "only", yeah. Unless I missed where you stipulated some specific context that would omit that misrepresentation.

Same. Just see people whining about it on the internet. Pretty much always as a way to paint AA's as victims.

Since you included the word "only", yeah. Unless I missed where you stipulated some specific context that would omit that misrepresentation.

The only time I remember anyone seriously complaining was that guy on Twitter who complained about a prom dress and then got dogpiled by seemingly the whole site. Just seems like pure hypocrisy, though like I told @Kafir-kun, it's pointless to argue against hypocrisy. This probably worse than the party of "lock her up" pretending to be super concerned about due process.

No, it doesn't contradict anything I said, unless you can find evidence that she claimed to have more NA ancestry (look up "contradict").

It's a good thread for people who like really bad threads.

Lots of stupidity afoot. You got people fabricating that she was hired somewhere based on it and people that seem to want Trump to pay up so badly that they'd dishonestly claim her 1/32 ancestry qualifies her as "Indian".

The only time I remember anyone seriously complaining was that guy on Twitter who complained about a prom dress and then got dogpiled by seemingly the whole site. Just seems like pure hypocrisy, though like I told @Kafir-kun, it's pointless to argue against hypocrisy. This probably worse than the party of "lock her up" pretending to be super concerned about due process.

No, it doesn't contradict anything I said, unless you can find evidence that she claimed to have more NA ancestry (look up "contradict").

I don't know how much of it is serious. I know I've seen it from time to time and it's a retarded concept in a country known as a melting pot.

lol at me looking that up when it was in your link on like page 3. Your link claimed Upenn listed her as a minority. Claiming to be enough NA to be a minority is far more of a claim than saying there was this one ancestor a few generations ago or so.

Lots of stupidity afoot. You got people fabricating that she was hired somewhere based on it and people that seem to want Trump to pay up so badly that they'd dishonestly claim her 1/32 ancestry qualifies her as "Indian".

I mean, she never identified as being an American Indian categorically like through admissions processes or anything. She identified as having some obscure Native ancestry and having some family traditions that came from that ancestry. For instance I have a lot of German blood. And if my family passed down some recipe for gross German sausages, I would cite that German ancestry as the source of those recipes. That doesn't make me German American, though.

But, yeah, I agree that it's a silly thread. But it's super strange that it basically went: politician made some obscure claim that is totally irrelevant to her career and to her platform as a politician, opponents on the right try to distract from her political message by bringing attention to the falsity of this obscure claim, politician takes blood test to show that obscure claim has merit, and then the opponents take a victory lap for having goaded her into discussing the issue and take that victory as a reason to vote against her and for her opponents.

It's fucking idiotic.

Yeah, this is a poor framework for thinking about the point, and of course I didn't lie about anything. I believe that the opposition to "cultural appropriation" (a silly concept) is expressed in bad faith, and seeing the defenses of racial quotas was, too. Startlingly so. It will be interesting to see if these new positions are held consistently.
Amen to that.
I'm going to be that guy and say that there's truth to the idea of cultural appropriation. Not saying it should be banned or people should be shamed and reprimanded for it but the reality is that when you wear some shitty Native American costume to a costume party you're going to look like an ass to an actual Native American.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back