Video: The Darkside of Los Angeles, CA

I work in LA late at night sometimes and some streets are completely covered in trash in big piles around tents and these homeless guys do this strange, jerky dancing to an old boombox blasting 90s rap while a huge fire blazes out of a barrel. Lots of mentally ill people walking around talking to themselves. There's a strong, palpable energy floating around when I'm there. I'm unsure how to explain it but it's a strong feeling of life and uncertainty in the air. I think some parts of LA are cool and interesting with unique buildings and street art and then you turn the corner and it looks 3rd world.

Orange County is trying to avoid this issue by having enough beds for the homeless. That way they can arrest them if they sleep on the streets.

If they don't have enough beds, the county can't arrest any of them.

What no Stormtroopers? I'm disappointed

the dark side of los angeles is all the damn traffic

San Francisco is heading that way it seems.

I work in LA late at night sometimes and some streets are completely covered in trash in big piles around tents and these homeless guys do this strange, jerky dancing to an old boombox blasting 90s rap while a huge fire blazes out of a barrel. Lots of mentally ill people walking around talking to themselves. There's a strong, palpable energy floating around when I'm there. I'm unsure how to explain it but it's a strong feeling of life and uncertainty in the air. I think some parts of LA are cool and interesting with unique buildings and street art and then you turn the corner and it looks 3rd world.
I have a buddy who travels all over the world and he told me that LA is the only place he's ever felt unsafe in his car. Which was kinda funny to me.

First, everyone knows LA is crazy. But I was just downtown there a few months ago and it wasn’t bad. I didn’t feel unsafe walking around and I saw like two homeless people. Then again, i’m not a pussy, so...

the dark side of los angeles is all the damn traffic

for sure. I dig he hop on hop off bus tours, done them all round the world, great times. Wanted to kill myself and every other mother fucker on the one I did in LA. Stuck in traffic with the tour dude beign "hey look at that, a Bentely .... that might be a celeberity!".

The mesican guy in the video describes the atmosphere like a scary movie apocalypse, he isnt lying, its scary, the worst part is how empty dtla is at night nobody walking there like other lively cities except hipsters in the arts district trying to make dtla hip, but you get homeless strays who roam away from skid row to panhandle near pershing square and espn and the lofts and man they will get violent offer them work they will get offended and either spit at you yell or punch you.

Why dont they pay the homeless to pick up the trash. Several cities have programs in place that pay up to 15 dollars a hr for homeless to pick up trash.

Why dont they pay the homeless to pick up the trash. Several cities have programs in place that pay up to 15 dollars a hr for homeless to pick up trash.
What cities pay 15 bucks an hour to pick up trash? Ill g9 there just to pick up some trash thats a good side job.

Last edited:
Sounds like an overpopulated diverse shithole.

Why can't they just put them in jail for drug possession?

Cus not all of them are druggies. Plus it goes back to the 1st rule. Cops can't stop the homeless for sleeping in public unless there's enough beds for all of them in shelters throughout the county.

Back