Video: The Darkside of Los Angeles, CA

San Francisco is heading that way it seems.
It’s been that way. I was going to concerts up there at the Warfield 15 years ago and that whole street smells like piss and is full of homeless.

It’s been that way. I was going to concerts up there at the Warfield 15 years ago and that whole street smells like piss and is full of homeless.
My son and his wife just left San Fran about 3 weeks ago, and they’re not going back.

skid row is a very tiny part of L.A county but DTLA does run its city like crap compared to other cities in l.a county.

What a shithole. I got offered a nice job in the bay area this summer, but the cost of living would have reduced my real income to minimum wage and that whole area has gone to shit. A damned shame.

I attended a wedding in downtown LA. The area is an absolute shit hole. I will never go back.

It's well known how bad skid row area is. I just went to San Francisco on Sunday and man has it gotten worse, especially right off union square area in the tenderloin/theater district. That area was always bad, but it's the worse I've ever seen it in the past 16 years. It was a condensed cesspool of homelessness, addicts, mental illness and the unfortunate.

Nobody thinking Cali just fun and bitches.

Micheal Rappaport driving to LA during Covid showing all the grimey areas of LA, he is spot on I have to deliver to business in this area for my job, and also Hollywood is grimey, I feel sad for Tourists who think Hollywood and the walk of fame is awesome then they go there and get harassed by unsavory drug addicts, pimps, gang bangers, homeless etc.

My sister and her boyfriend went to LA, said there was homeless people all over the place. Didn't sound glamorous to me....but they did get to sit in the audience in The Price is Right

One thing I don't understand about the homeless situation is this:
A huge chunk of them are people with mental disorders and California shut down most, if not all, of the mental institutions that housed them. Why did they shut the institutions down?

A huge chunk of them are people with mental disorders and California shut down most, if not all, of the mental institutions that housed them. Why did they shut the institutions down?
I think They made a law in the 70s where you cannot take a mental ill person against their will, they have to voluntarily go to seek help, and many mental ill people refuse to get help.

I think They made a law in the 70s where you cannot take a mental ill person against their will, they have to voluntarily go to seek help, and many mental ill people refuse to get help.

What are your thoughts on making mentally unstable people be in a psychiatric ward?
Do you think it's morally wrong or is it a necessity because some of these people cannot properly function in society?

What are your thoughts on making mentally unstable people be in a psychiatric ward?
Do you think it's morally wrong or is it a necessity because some of these people cannot properly function in society?
That was the argument they said it was not right and inhumane, but honestly a lot of people needed to be put in a mental institute, or need to get mental help. These are not like the movies whee they scare you, those superextreme mentally ill creepy cases, most mentally ill people are normal and functioning but it gets triggered in adult hood, they call it adult onset.
Sadly most homeless on the skidrow or streets are non functioning drug induced psychosis brain damaged from drugs
The homeless they dont tell you about are the ones who work but just live in a care those homeless are not going to be around the violent druggies and mental cases on skid row. id say 90 percent or more of these homeless in California on the streets are not the ones who are looking for work or just cant afford a home because of the high cost of living, they are drug users, mental ill and the like they dont want to work.

Ronald Reagan shut them all down

Yea Supreme Court rulings that people could not be committed involuntarily unless you could prove they were a danger. Some lack of funding too, but it was largely expanded rights for people who have been committed before that has lead to these people being around.

you can also throw in declining wages and employment and attitudes on enforcement on vagrancy and loitering that favor vagrants/loiterers that are driving what we are seeing now.

Orange County is trying to avoid this issue by having enough beds for the homeless. That way they can arrest them if they sleep on the streets.

If they don't have enough beds, the county can't arrest any of them.

oh the mandatory cuck law

Back