Video: The Darkside of Los Angeles, CA

There was a doc on Netflix about the homeless in Los Angeles. I think it was called Bums In Tents. Actually that was the one on Fox News. It was a companion piece to - Shitting On Sidewalks, What Liberals Get Up To When You're Not Watching.

The Netflix doc is very good though. The way we treat the poorest and least capable is a disgrace. The mentally ill are left to survive on the streets or warehoused in prisons where they are used as a source of cheap labor. Successive governments have failed to provide any kind of meaningful safety net for these people. So we have ended up with these shameful situations.

@TidWell reminds me of Ray from Scary Movie;

on the surface he seems straight but occasionally comes out with some right gay shit.

Scary_movie_10_gay.jpg

X-rated, enter at your own risk:

TidWell
giphy.gif

There was a doc on Netflix about the homeless in Los Angeles. I think it was called Bums In Tents. Actually that was the one on Fox News. It was a companion piece to - Shitting On Sidewalks, What Liberals Get Up To When You're Not Watching.
That's the entire West Coast though.. I've been through Portland and Seattle and it's no better. It isn't any better in San Diego.

But at least in Portland they build shack communities for these people to get them off the street.

That's the entire West Coast though.. I've been through Portland and Seattle and it's no better. It isn't any better in San Diego.

But at least in Portland they build shack communities for these people to get them off the street.
The homeless and panhandlers love the nice beach areas, I seen a lot in San Diego and Santa Barbara as well, I was shocked at how many of these transients were there. dTLA is druggie central if you are a homeless crackhead thats where you go, sadly you have small time drug dealers from the hood who sell to them when they recycle bottles and panhandle enough. And most of the time they give them fake or tainted drugs not even the real stuff.

@TidWell reminds me of Ray from Scary Movie;

on the surface he seems straight but occasionally comes out with some right gay shit.

Scary_movie_10_gay.jpg

X-rated, enter at your own risk:

TidWell
giphy.gif

Dang Shawn Wayans going all out

I work in LA late at night sometimes and some streets are completely covered in trash in big piles around tents and these homeless guys do this strange, jerky dancing to an old boombox blasting 90s rap while a huge fire blazes out of a barrel. Lots of mentally ill people walking around talking to themselves. There's a strong, palpable energy floating around when I'm there. I'm unsure how to explain it but it's a strong feeling of life and uncertainty in the air. I think some parts of LA are cool and interesting with unique buildings and street art and then you turn the corner and it looks 3rd world.

yeah, there is definitely an unnerving energy in those types of areas.

as a born and raised californian, i agree. which is why i'm planning on leaving the state. thirty-eight years is enough lol.

I made it out.

Moved to the Seattle area.

It's awesome.

I thought the darkside is the pedophilia, and deviancy of Hollyweird.

I have a buddy who travels all over the world and he told me that LA is the only place he's ever felt unsafe in his car. Which was kinda funny to me.

I guess his world travels don't include Gary, IN or St. Louis.

LA is a massive place. Obviously, you're going to have places like that.

California its an all around shithole just like Florida

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back