Social The fastest-growing religious affiliation in the United States is “no affiliation"

Most religious people follow the herd, too. They're described by their own people as a flock,
You're interpreting and using the metaphor wrong. The pastor is a shepherd over his flock, he watches over his congregation and helps them in spiritual matters. Jesus also used the word feed my sheep.

It's not used as "follow the herd mentality" in a mindless sort of way as you're indicating.

There are vast differences between atheist, agnostic, and nothing in particular. Great grouping.
It's a useful grouping because the common characteristic there is a lack of religious faith.

It is unfortunate that religion is being so easily dismissed. There is much people can learn from religion and apply to their lives when it is studied critically and with an open mind. Philosophy and science have also influenced people in negative ways and caused a lot of harm in the world. I'm not sure why it is always religion that gets singled out for being the cause of the world's problems.

It is unfortunate that religion is being so easily dismissed. There is much people can learn from religion and apply to their lives when it is studied critically and with an open mind. Philosophy and science have also influenced people in negative ways and caused a lot of harm in the world. I'm not sure why it is always religion that gets singled out for being the cause of the world's problems.

The thing is people dont need to apply religion to their lives that's why they are leaving. They realize religion was developed as a way to control people first not as a way to enrich lives. Good parents can teach empathy and compassion and morals without a book with ridiculous science fiction.

Burr sums up my entire reasoning of leaving the Catholic church.

The thing is people dont need to apply religion to their lives that's why they are leaving. They realize religion was developed as a way to control people first not as a way to enrich lives. Good parents can teach empathy and compassion and morals without a book with ridiculous science fiction.
The reason we need Christ is so that we might be saved from the wrath of God for our sins.

Without the Bible, man's morals have shown to become twisted. What's good is said to be bad and vice versa.

I don't think you understand that agnostics, atheists and no affiliation all have different levels of belief.

The differences are small except among pedantics. The similarity, as a group, is what sets them apart from religious people.

The reason we need Christ is so that we might be saved from the wrath of God for our sins.

Without the Bible, man's morals have shown to become twisted. What's good is said to be bad and vice versa.
crime is actually down across the country as religious affiliation continues to drop. Strangely enough the bible belt and urban areas with high church attendance have more crime
<Fedor23>

crime is actually down across the country as religious affiliation continues to drop. Strangely enough the bible belt and urban areas with high church attendance have more crime
Urban areas tend to be the least Christian and tend to be the most immoral areas. But there's immorality everywhere.

But if Christ is truly in your life, there is a process of sanctification that takes place and over time, the evidence should be shown by the good fruit (works). But the works don't save you.

The churches of America are pretty watered down and lost sight of the Gospel message. Many don't even know what the Gospel is. But i think there is a shakeup going on where many people are leaving the churches that lost focus. And there are other churches that probably are growing. Mine is a small church of about 85, but we've picked up families this year.

against their will i presume...
416418724_4898439323001_CULTMEMBERS-1.jpg

Urban areas tend to be the least Christian and tend to be the most immoral areas. But there's immorality everywhere.
chicago metro area is 71% christian (same as the state and national average) with 48% of the population praying daily, you can find higher % than that in bible belt states like mississippi and alabama where crime and poverty are nearly as bad and things like divorce rate and education are among the worst in the country. religion aint helpin nobody

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

chicago metro area is 71% christian (same as the state and national average) with 48% of the population praying daily, you can find higher % than that in bible belt states like mississippi and alabama where crime and poverty are nearly as bad.

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/
Chicago is not Christian. Including Obama's church, it is not Christian. That's Black Liberation Theology and it's not Christian theology.

I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe in God, if I can help you out, I will. That’s the extent of my religion. Not too much a fan of church and things like that, but if I’m able to help or do something positive I feel I have to

Anyways kids always remember
wr96RHM.jpg

I don't think you understand that agnostics, atheists and no affiliation all have different levels of belief.
Different levels of belief huh? Like level 1-99?
Which one am I? Is atheist a religion in your opinion?

Chicago is not Christian. Including Obama's church, it is not Christian. That's Black Liberation Theology and it's not Christian theology.
So your church is the one who gets to decide which cities and churches are Christian? And you decided no black churches from Chicago? There's levels to this stuff? Sounds kinda political to me. Do you not see the absolute hypocrisy of christianity Rip?
I think you do!;)

Rip it up!

Back