Social Company gives all employees handguns for Christmas gift

He gave a choice between gun and 500 gift card. Nice.

So what kind of gun can you get for 500$?

Unsurprising.
This is their main product:

BenShot-Bulletproof-ShotGlass-308-bullet-merica_2048x@2x.jpg
Shit product, less booze.

Handguns are so cheap in the US I think that's about the mass market / midrange sweet spot.

If I was a company I'd be pretty worried about legal action if one of their family members was harmed by it. Must have been some sort of waiver involved, or they're relying on the encouragement to take firearms courses as evidence of their responsibility.

Yeah I was looking at prices in Denmark and holy fook they are expensive. 500 wouldn´t get you an air gun. 3000$ for a used Sig P226 X-Six here.
https://huntershouse.dk/kat842-Sig-...6S-X-Six-Mastershop-Scandic.-Flot-stand..html

Compact and subcompact models are banned here, but your standard Glock 17 goes for about a grand (AUD) and it goes up from there.
I think Sigs are expensive everywhere though (except for the ones that shoot when you drop them) and especially competition models like that.

Compact and subcompact models are banned here, but your standard Glock 17 goes for about a grand (AUD) and it goes up from there.
I think Sigs are expensive everywhere though (except for the ones that shoot when you drop them) and especially competition models like that.

Well I don´t know anything about guns. What would be considered a good starter gun for just going to the shooting range and firing at some bullseyes? Been thinking about trying it out.

Well I don´t know anything about guns. What would be considered a good starter gun for just going to the shooting range and firing at some bulleyes? Been thinking about trying it out.

Usually depends on regulation, no idea what's involved in Denmark.
Over here the easiest and cheapest competition to get into is target rifle (.22LR).
All the handgun classes are a PITA. Ridiculous hoop jumping required.

Usually depends on regulation, no idea what's involved in Denmark.
Over here the easiest and cheapest competition to get into is target rifle (.22LR).
All the handgun classes are a PITA. Ridiculous hoop jumping required.

Wasn´t thinking competition. Just joining a club and shooting for fun. That´s allowed with handguns. The Glock 17 doesn´t seem to bad or expensive.

I managed a Sports Authority in Cali and had to pretend to know about guns and ammo. People would come up and say i need 9mm hollow point and i was like "oh let me find that" I sold guns too, only a manager can sell guns at that now defunct company.

TBH I dont really care about guns.

Wasn´t thinking competition. Just joining a club and shooting for fun. That´s allowed with handguns. The Glock 17 doesn´t seem to bad or expensive.

Not sure if there's competition requirements, but Google tells me you've got to have been an active member of a shooting club for 2 years before you can apply for a handgun licence in Denmark.

Not sure if there's competition requirements, but Google tells me you've got to have been an active member of a shooting club for 2 years before ou can apply for a handgun licence in Denmark.

Well fuck. lol. Guess I will have to go visit one and see whats up :)

Would probably be cheaper to just go visit the family in Texas. No lack of guns there, that´s for sure :)

Well fuck. lol. Guess I will have to go visit one and see whats up :)

Would probably be cheaper to just go visit the family in Texas. No lack of guns there, that´s for sure :)

We have ranges where unlicenced members of the public can go and shoot a variety of handguns. Not sure if that's an option in Denmark. Unfortunately people kept going in there to suicide and a bunch of guns were stolen by bikies, so now they have a tether system.
I haven't done all that much handgun shooting, but I sucked with the Glocks (although I still enjoy shooting the Glock 20). My best groups have been with a S&W model 686 .357 revolver, shooting single action.

One thousand dollarydoos!?

The Glock pistol can typically be had for about $500. Newer models typically go for just a little bit over $500.

Most polymer frame striker-fired pistols try to stay within that same price range in order to be competitive.

Back