Premier League 2018-19 v48: Blockeys January transfer target edition

Who finishes in Top 4

• City ... Pool ... Chelsea ... Utd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember it's never Mourinho's fault. It's the player or players, it's the ref, it's the pitch, it's the weather or some bs "luck". But he has zero shortcomings to hold any accountability for poor results.

Remember it's never Mourinho's fault. It's the player or players, it's the ref, it's the pitch, it's the weather or some bs "luck". But he has zero shortcomings to hold any accountability for poor results.

I've heard it suggested he wants to get sacked......doesn't seem too far fetched at this point.

That Juve result really was a "wolf in sheep's clothing" in hindsight.

Mou Bless
b6czbqfjd2si3bw1ht3m

I've heard it suggested he wants to get sacked......doesn't seem too far fetched at this point.

Crazy, really.

I think he does. Just like his last days at Chelsea when he basically said: "I'm not leaving, so you'll have to sack me". Why miss out on the silly pay out?

On another note, I completely get what you were saying about Mkhitaryan now. I recall you saying something about him having odd games/spells where he looks top class, but then he'll shit the bed the next game.

He started well for us last season, but has been mostly awful since.

Stats from Bournemouth:

9 – The number of times that Henrikh Mkhitaryan lost the ball, 4 times dispossessed and 5 bad touches.

Passing stats were poor and his shooting was abysmal. At the moment, the best thing about him is that he convinced Aubameyang to join us.

I think he does. Just like his last days at Chelsea when he basically said: "I'm not leaving, so you'll have to sack me". Why miss out on the silly pay out?

On another note, I completely get what you were saying about Mkhitaryan now. I recall you saying something about him having odd games/spells where he looks top class, but then he'll shit the bed the next game.

Stats from Bournemouth:

9 – The number of times that Henrikh Mkhitaryan lost the ball, 4 times dispossessed and 5 bad touches.

Passing stats were poor and his shooting was abysmal. At the moment, the best thing about him is that he convinced Aubameyang to join us.

Yeah....he was inconsistent not just game to game, not just half to half, but minute to minute.

Stats from Bournemouth:

I think of it as, we bought three high profile attacking players, and two of them worked out. IIRC Mhki was the cheapest anyway.

I've heard all that, along with the ''he's had X amount to spend''and manager{s} at {insert numerous clubs} have taken 5 months to turn thing around, all of which is true, but its the same old, same old, there is zero direction from ''them upstairs''.....Van Gaal was asked about the state of United on dutch tv this weekend, he said, the biggest thing that shocked him was, money and corporate stuff was the priority, whereas at Bayern, nothing was more important than the team/football..... <FutbolThink>

in short, fans are screaming for a new manager, I honestly don't think it''ll make much difference, except the football will probably be better to watch at times.

Last edited:
I think of it as, we bought three high profile attacking players, and two of them worked out. IIRC Mhki was the cheapest anyway.

are you including Laca in that?

Mkhi was free technically, but I think he's on roughly £200K p/week.

are you including Laca in that?

Mkhi was free technically, but I think he's on roughly £200K p/week.

Yeah, I think that makes him the cheapest. Laca has been a mixed bag but I'd say he's overall been a success, no? Of course I was gutted we let Giroud go, but we're not struggling to score for the most part.

Crazy, really.

Whilst it is telling, I've never thought Sanchez or Lukaku were top top class. Sanchez, especially, was a completely unnecessary, Real Madrid-esque signing (oooh that's shiny). But yeah, 80% of the squad have performed better at different clubs / under different managers.

TBF to Mou, there is a suggestion that transfer dealings are largely out of his hands, but I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Heard Woodward specifically brought in Sanchez to appease him for failing to get Perisic........if true, shows just how shitty the club is being run.

At the same time, the day Mou walked in and said he wanted to sell Pogba, Martial and Bailly and bring in Willian, Boateng and whoever else, it was confirmed he was not suitable to run United. Apparently Jose wants Axel Witsel now :rolleyes:.

If we qualify from the CL group tomorrow, it'd be the perfect time to fob him off, tbh. But they won't.........

Yeah, I think that makes him the cheapest. Laca has been a mixed bag but I'd say he's overall been a success, no? Of course I was gutted we let Giroud go, but we're not struggling to score for the most part.

I wasn't suggesting that Laca hasn't been a success, I was just clarifying who you meant.

I general, I'm fairly happy. We seem to be winning games that we would have lost last year. We're not playing very well though. Had the odd game where things click, but we usually have to graft it out.

Emery/Sven's only had a handful of their own signings though, so hopefully, we'll see his vision come to life next season.

Depends on what you call a success, I suppose.

Everyone is lauding up Emery (and Sarri), and they have both had good starts, but it is November. Better to judge in May.

I wasn't suggesting that Laca hasn't been a success, I was just clarifying who you meant.

I general, I'm fairly happy. We seem to be winning games that we would have lost last year. We're not playing very well though. Had the odd game where things click, but we usually have to graft it out.

Emery/Sven's only had a handful of their own signings though, so hopefully, we'll see his vision come to life next season.

I'm encouraged because I think it's obvious what our strengths and weaknesses are. So, there shouldn't be any confusion as to what we should be doing in the transfer windows. That said, Laca and Auba aren't young men by football standards, so time could be a factor.

To varying degrees you could say this is true of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. Not that they are playing badly at all, just that they all seem to be consistently grinding out wins in those 55/45 games.

City still look way ahead of anyone, but fact is they haven't really pulled away massively.

Also Mhki is how we got rid of Sanchez who is a cursed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: so you have to factor that in when deciding if he's been worth it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back