RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz DAZN PPV 8/5

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You definitely strike me as the kind of guy who thinks he's the smartest one in the room even when that's regularly not the case.

Was dog shit but not a sparring session, definitely a real fight, also everyone who knew anything knew Paul would win but go ahead and suck yourself off if that makes you feel important.

Paul honestly is a bit bloated. He's carrying too much mass to be as effective a boxer as he could be. He wouldn't really have any business fighting in the cruiserweight division in boxing, or against 205ers in MMA. Those guys are huge.

No, Jake would fight at 185lbs in MMA more than likely. Nate is someone who fought best st 155lbs, his performances vs Gomi and Johnson were peak. He was never a top 15 caliber guy at 170lbs, too small and weak and skinny fat. Someone who fought at 155 for much of his career and 170lbs is a lot of size to give up vs a guy who fought at 200lbs and 185lbs in boxing and to meet Jake at 185lbs when the heaviest Nate ever fought at was 170lbs is wild.

This is a factual statement.

Nate isn't some level changing wrestler or even a guy known for takedowns like that.
He can sub you but that's usually if a scramble happens or the fight somehow ends up on the ground.

Jake is a younger, stronger more powerful, athletic kid who has a background in wrestling. It was high school albeit but still.

Jake hurt Nate badly and dropped him face down as up with 10 oz gloves on. Imagine what happens when those hooks and crosses land with 4oz gloves on , and Nate can't block a single one.

He'd get Knocked the fuck out. Brutally. I'd empty out every account of mine to bet on that.

******EDIT:
HERE'S THE PROBLEM:
You guys are imagining a vengeful Nate going out there to get one back for MMA and himself. You think he'll go out there, with a meticulous and strategic game plan to put Jake in the most vulnerable position to sub him immediately.

Nate DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ALL THAT!
He's gonna go out there, land a few Stockton slaps, throw some middle fingers, and throw hands with MMA gloves on. For 3 rounds. If after getting beat the fuck up he's still standing, he'll zombie Jake into the cage, and dirty box there, not shoot a double leg or try and land a takedown.

You guys are confusing what Nate can do with what Nate prefers to do or with what he should do .
I agree. He's not a bright one. Tough bastard though.

You would ? Just to fight a complete beginner in the most complete combat sport whereas you are yourself a vet, for 10 millions ? No shit

and are very use to taking L's in your career <Lmaoo>

yeah definitely happening

Still not fair fights. He picks guys bellow his weight category. What would you say if Canelo singled out guys who fight 20 pounds below him. Or Fury goes for 205ers.

Main thing is his bragging is unbearable. Talking bout he beats MMA Champs.

Beating Askren is called beating an MMA champ to him. Half of sherdog could beat Ben Askren in boxing.

He literary doesn't respect weight divisions.
If he made it the strict rule to honor the weight class he would be fighting guys nobody has ever heard of with less than 10 fights to their name and he would not make any money, probably his promotion would bleed money. Instead guys sometimes move up a weight class so everyone can get paid. What exactly is the problem here?

He doesn't need too. He can just clinch with Jake and own him from that point. Nate has a black belt in bjj you can't forget that.
Jake is strong enough to survive not getting in completely hopeless positions. He can survive not getting his neck snatched

He didn't put away Aaron Chalmers either. Guess that means he's the toughest fighter of all time.

you can think what you want. I watched the Logan fight and in my mind there's no question that he just couldn't put Logan away

Honestly I'd just like to see him fight some people who are even remotely near their prime, not significantly undersized and actual boxers.

Is that really such a hard ask?

It’s probably difficult to find MMA fighters who fit that description. How many have broken through?

Nate has a big name, leveraged it in order to get a big payday. He got schooled. It was pretty bad at times.

He doesn't need too. He can just clinch with Jake and own him from that point. Nate has a black belt in bjj you can't forget that.

The guy obviously never trained a day in his life in bjj. How can you imagine an mma fight between a bjj black belt and a rookie in bjj going in another direction than to the one of the bjj vet ?!
Troll thread anyway

LoL he's literary fighting athletes from a different sport. Who else is a boxer and keeps going for MMA guys. What's next, a Kickboxer importing Boxers to have Muay Thai fights. A bjj black belt in One FC reaching out for karate guys to grapple them.

Jake fought 1 boxers in 8 fights.

and he’s made dozens of millions of dollars doing it. Nobody outside of boxing dorks even know the names of 7 total current boxers period. He’s fighting the right people for what he’s doing. He’s getting great press

Also, he can’t fight current mma fighters because Dana won’t let them. And it’s not like he’s taken chumps. He could have just boxed CM punk lol

The Disney kid batters another MMA legend <45><45><45>
MV5BNGJlMTg5NTctZDk5ZS00MWU2LTk3OWItYjNiMTNhZmI5MjE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTE0NjgwMjY@._V1_.jpg

Back