RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Andre August Discussion 12/15 7:30 ET DAZN

Winner?

• Paul

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • August

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Jake keeps his hands way too low and his defence is awful, but he does have legit power and some clean offence from what I've seen in his last few fights

no one can deny that Jake has one punch KO power.

Everyone always slags off Jake Paul but he is clearly putting in the work and trying. Just won £80 on rounds 1-2. Doing something he enjoys and getting paid to do it, good on him. Will he eventually meet his maker, for sure, but everyone loses eventually

So he managed to find a 10-1 guy that actually sucks, keep calling out old MMA guys, none has been beat in 1 round.

Everyone always slags off Jake Paul but he is clearly putting in the work and trying. Just won £80 on rounds 1-2. Doing something he enjoys and getting paid to do it, good on him. Will he eventually meet his maker, for sure, but everyone loses eventually
Tommy Fury rematch

"Jake Paul is a once in a lifetime Youtube fighter!!"

-Kenny Florian

I mean he's getting paid for his fame, but beating a bunch of nobodies is what prospects do until they can beat a top 15 fighter and show they are a contender. He shouldn't be ranked but he shouldn't be slagged for doing a Butterbean like run at cruiserweight while he develops. He should face a several more professional losers and trial horses, then Tommy Fury, then some fresher MMA hasbeens and then find an aging former title challenger for his big step up and retirement.

What do you think about Jake Paul vs Conor McGregor potential fight?

I really wanna see that!

oh shut up already.

That fight shouldn’t even be sanctioned even if they agreed to it, which won’t happen

1- At this point they are literally several weight classes apart, Jake is a big dude.

Connor is a natural 145/155 even if he packed some weight on recently.

Then there’s the fact he hasn’t fought in years and has been recovering from a broken leg while Paul has been pretty active the entire time.

McGregor is at a point where he prob shouldn’t even get real contender type of fights even in his own sport in MMA, just fun and or legacy fights.

And you want him to go back into boxing and fight Paul?

I get the McGregor hate and everyone wants to see him flatlined, but this is a mismatch at this point that wouldn’t even be the slightest bit competitive

I mean he's getting paid for his fame, but beating a bunch of nobodies is what prospects do until they can beat a top 15 fighter and show they are a contender. He shouldn't be ranked but he shouldn't be slagged for doing a Butterbean like run at cruiserweight while he develops. He should face a several more professional losers and trial horses, then Tommy Fury, then some fresher MMA hasbeens and then find an aging former title challenger for his big step up and retirement.
he should just beat up famous people who are also boxing hobbyists. he’s not gonna be a champ-level boxer, so might as well just have fun and make money.

Back