RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Andre August Discussion 12/15 7:30 ET DAZN

Winner?

• Paul

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • August

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
There is no "potential fight", potential fights have an actual chance of happening, this thing does not, period.

We can discuss the matchup i guess, thing is, Paul is considerably bigger, he fights at 190lbs iirc, and tonight was 200lbs, Conor fights or used to fight at 155lbs, sure he got bloated recently but still, that doesnt turn him into a 190lbs boxer, he would still be outsized if he ever tries going to WW in MMA.

I would probably pick Jake Paul on size and some athleticism alone, if they were both around the same size it would be more interesting, Conor is clearly past his best days, that would be an interesting pick, in their current form? Jake Paul all day.

Fight isnt happening simply because Conor is tied with the UFC with whatever is left of his fighting career, he wont fight anywhere else, ever, and if he manages to leave the UFC then he wouldnt go after a beating by Jake Paul, Floyd would be WAY too old to go that route, Nate Diaz? Another old man too, but that could actually happen in MMA, no need to go into boxing for that.

Paul wants to fight an older guy below his weight class? That's what Mcgregor did when he fought Mayweather, and what Paul's been doing his whole career lol.

“Andre needs to be careful about ducking down…”

Indeed. Not sure where Jake found this guy (10-1 against bums) but that was a sick uppercut KO.

Good to see Paul fighting an actual boxer. I think he takes a competitive decision. His opponent has a decent record buts it looks to be entirely padded.
Jake Paul put the stamp on that man's chin and filed him under "Another stone in the path"

Nice punch even if he hand picked the least legit "legit" boxer he could.

Had anybody even heard of Andre August before the fight? I hadn't and I follow boxing very closely. Jake must've met him at the local laundromat. Just about anyone can become a licensed pro today. These athletic commissions really need to raise the bar. It's time.

Like tommy Morrison. They are both ladies men too with wacky haircuts.
Except Tommy was a legit world level fighter with proven pop. He had one of the very best left hooks in heavyweight history. Even held the WBO title but that was back before it was recognized by the other sanctioning bodies. Let's not compare the two. Tommy was indeed a ladies' man. Jake? Not so much. Chicks only date him because he's loaded.

Had anybody even heard of Andre August before the fight? I hadn't and I follow boxing very closely. Jake must've met him at the local laundromat. Just about anyone can become a licensed pro today. These athletic commissions really need to raise the bar. It's time.
Put a jock strap on that man bag of yours and he the hero you always wanted to be.

The next logical step... Jake vs Conor

Jake Paul KO-ing Conor would be a strange timeline to live in

Back