Social WAR ROOM 2023 AWARDS.

How do we want to decide winners?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me!

I'm going to become the biggest Sean Strickland fan ever so I don't get banned by LMP!

<Dany07>

that will get you nowhere. you dont understand the levels to this mans corruption.

i've been on a crusade to have him capture his rightful and well deserved worst moderator award ever since last year. all i wanna know is are you with me on this campaign?

that will get you nowhere. you dont understand the levels to this mans corruption.

i've been on a crusade to have him capture his rightful and well deserved worst moderator award ever since last year. all i wanna know is are you with me on this campaign?

But I was even going to get him tickets for that children's choir he loves so much!

<Dany07>

Reactions: LMP
Best TS: @LeonardoBjj

He was the WR’s @MMALOPEZ. A lot of threads over the year, and at a time we really needed it. I tried to up my thread making, only I probably made more threads last year, focusing on more opinion based stuff. Respect to our Brazilian brotha. See you on the beach.

Best thread: police shooting thread, whatever it’s called.

Look, probably better threads, but of late, I have to give the award to @nhbbear. The thread was both serious and comical, featuring some sort of backstory we weren’t privy to — a mods promise that it wouldn’t be dumped or merged.

Worst thread: Israel vs Hamas, whichever iteration of the thread.

Like any war thread, there is a point at which things become off-the-rails bad. The religious aspect, or adherence to leftest dogma/American indoctrination, made that thread even worse than, say, Russia-Ukraine. It was crap from the start. Sure, some funny stuff in terms of battling between posters (bring back mb103, the Danish guy), but a lot of hard to read stuff shortly after the first days, leading to a bunch of rehashed arguments going on over the months that followed the horrific terrorist attack. Not to mention the amount of bans — first thread is full of them.

Worst ban: *dun dun duuun sound byte @Brakis

Listen, I don’t necessarily agree with his use of certain words, or the way he would address people in general, but I think that he gave as good as he got. In other words, it wasn’t a one way street. He would battle people who were willing, really, and get tagged in random threads. I think whatever money-making operation he was involved with would take him away for stints, and then he would return like it was a tour of duty. Moreover, he posted outside of the WR, in the UFC forum, which made him an all-around contributor, not that we care about white-trash cage fighting.

Most likely to get banned: @skold

I don’t want it to happen, either. But on double-yellows, probably has a million reports and more to come.

Starman award:

I guess Rob, although I missed a bunch of it. Getting banned in the video game forum is like serving in WW2, only to die after the war by trying to stick up a lemonade stand. Like, you go out in the WR. Maybe he did, idk, a mod can correct me, because I saw the screenshots of Micks post and I don’t ever visit the other forum, but that’s how I remember it.

Best feud (not included on the ballot this year, just throwing it out there): @Mack Yancy vs @KnightTemplar; although @Jack V Savage took a lot of heat from people.

I will format correctly in a bit.

Last edited:
I didn't tiptoe around anything. I straight up told you why I did what I did. You refuse to listen and keep bringing up some video I never mentioned. So what ever "points" you think you have to justify acting like a fool are irrelevant to the things I have said to you.

Arguing with Mods. That always ends well. :)

Let's see:

Best Poster: It's @Deorum this year, i don't think i've ever seen a post of his that's annoying or dumb, and his posts are well researched and credible.

Worst Poster: i try not to think about these because they just melt into a "just scroll past" category. sometimes they quote me but i never bother to read what they say. so if you quote me a lot and i never seem to react in any way to you, most likely you're in the "irrelevant" category.

Best TS: @Arkain2K still makes the best threads, i like that he follows through with new details even if some time has passed since something happened with the subject.

Worst TS: it's without a doubt @PEB . i am 100% certain he's either a sub 80 IQ person, or a bot. sometimes he doesn't seem to understand phrase structure or even the meaning of words, and when confronted he just runs away from the thread. even his posts are only copy-pasted links, with no commentary, and in the rare cases where he says something no copy pasted from somewhere, it's usually a disaster.

Best Mod: @irish_thug for me.

Worst Mod: it's probably @Strychnine . nothing against the man as a human being, but as a mod he's pretty terrible. oh well.

Best Ban: Edited for @skold.

Worst Ban:

Most Likely to Get Banned: probably @skold . he's basically a brakis, with endless bile and hatred in his posts. EDIT - yup, already happened.

Best Thread: i liked @Deorum 's thread about parks.

these are it for me @LMP

Last edited:
Best Poster: tbd

Worst Poster: @idrankyourbeer I had many people in mind but seeing his multiple posts of dribble on just the first page pushed me over the edge.

Best TS: lego guy I guess, just for a new wholesome gimmick

Worst TS: no one particularly comes to mind

Best Mod: @irish_thug

Worst Mod: @Strychnine

Best Ban: @brakis1 guy was nuts

Worst Ban: also @brakis1 guy was nuts but that was funny

Most Likely to Get Banned: dunno

Best Thread: meme thread

Worst Thread: hamas/isreal thread. People picking one of two shit sides and arguing ad nauseum that theirs is best.

The Starman Memorial Award: what is this?

Let's see:

Best Poster: It's @Deorum this year, i don't think i've ever seen a post of his that's annoying or dumb, and his posts are well researched and credible.

Worst Poster: i try not to think about these because they just melt into a "just scroll past" category. sometimes they quote me but i never bother to read what they say. so if you quote me a lot and i never seem to react in any way to you, most likely you're in the "irrelevant" category.

Best TS: @Arkain2K still makes the best threads, i like that he follows through with new details even if some time has passed since something happened with the subject.

Worst TS: it's without a doubt @PEB . i am 100% certain he's either a sub 80 IQ person, or a bot. sometimes he doesn't seem to understand phrase structure or even the meaning of words, and when confronted he just runs away from the thread. even his posts are only copy-pasted links, with no commentary, and in the rare cases where he says something no copy pasted from somewhere, it's usually a disaster.

Best Mod: @irish_thug for me.

Worst Mod: it's probably @Strychnine . nothing against the man as a human being, but as a mod he's pretty terrible. oh well.

Best Ban: don't remember anyone of note.

Worst Ban:

Most Likely to Get Banned: probably @skold . he's basically a brakis, with endless bile and hatred in his posts.

Best Thread: i liked @Deorum 's thread about parks.

these are it for me @LMP
Hey Fox go fuck yourself. I nominate you for the biggest dick head.

LMFAO! @PEDS Help me Post is making his move for the Starman award in this very thread! What a fucking dink

Biggest embarrassment of the year for me though probably goes to @San Marino when he gets caught out lying and still keeps trying to explain why he's a big liar. Good times <45>

I think I would go with @LeonardoBjj for best TS. He makes good OPs and puts in work with those lego pictures

Oh yeah, and @PEDS Help me Post is definitely getting banned soon. He's too stupid to shut his mouth for a little bit

Last edited:
Best Poster: this is such of a hard question
@Sir Punchalot
has amazing knowledge and understanding

Worst Poster: I don't like to throw a dirt, maybe I will offend someone and he will change in the future

Best TS: can't think of someone specific

Worst TS: can't think of someone specific

Best Mod: either @irish_thug or @Strychnine
but I can think of at least another 2-3
like @KowboyMMA or @PurpleStorm or @LMP

Worst Mod: same answer as worst poster

Best Ban: probably some nazi

Worst Ban: I can't think of someone specific

Most Likely to Get Banned:I can't think of someone specific

Best Thread: I can't think of any

Worst Thread: there are no worst threads

The Starman Memorial Award: I can't think of someone specific

I'll bet my hat that some of those enemies willing to cry to me about board issues in private will still vote for me for worst Mod lolz
That was not me. The only thing I privately message Mods is Subway Coupons and D pics.

Best Poster: @Deorum

Worst Poster: @skold

Best TS: @LeonardoBjj edged out @Arkain2K and put him in second place for me this year.

Worst TS: @PEB, a close second is @Richmma80

Best Mod: @irish_thug

Worst Mod: None seem really too bad to me.

Best Ban: @brackis1

Worst Ban: I don't know.

Most Likely to Get Banned: @skold

Best Thread: America's National Park thread (https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...llion-us-congress-proposes-more-cuts.4309673/)

Worst Thread: Lounge thread(s). Y'all talk funny.

The Starman Memorial Award: No clue.

The Starman Memorial Award: what is this?
It’s basically a Biggest Meltdown Award. It stems from the election of 2020, when Trump was challenging all the election results. Starman is a right wing poster and was just an absolutely unbelievably huge prick to all the rest of us, gloating about all the crying we were going to do when Trump ended up holding on to the presidency, and so on. When that failed to materialize, he had a whole lot of crow to eat. This brought about a meltdown of epic proportions, whereupon he left the WR and to my knowledge has never shown his face here again.

It also spawned this emoji:

IMG_0895.gif

EDIT: Is that goddamn emoji not showing up?
Best TS - @Arkain2K , and honourable mention to @LeonardoBjj

Best poster @BFoe - No nonsense, makes sound arguments.

Thank you my friend, I appreciate it :)
Even though being POTY in the War Room is sort of like an award for getting the most attractive case of herpes, it’s still really nice to be considered, yknow?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back