Crime Shooting at University of Nevada, Multiple Victims Suspected (Shooter Deceased)

Mass shootings and terrorist attacks will always get media coverage. Besides mass shootings are basically a daily occurrence in US. Everyone is desensitized to it and yet they continue happening
Yep Mass shootings are in places like Chi-Town and St.louis and I can't tell you one of those scholars names....we are indeed desensitized to it.

Guns shouldn't be allowed in gun-free zones.

Just sayin.

A suspect has been found dead after a shooting at the Las Vegas campus of the University of Nevada (UNLV).
Police said there are three victims who were near the university's Beam Hall building.
No further details were given of the number or type of casualties. Police said the threat was not ongoing.

RIP to the victims...

Not saying stick head in sand I'm saying don't give it wall to wall coverage. These nut cases do this for attention. Tske away alot of the attention you tske away alot of the problem imo.

Or focus ALL attention solely on victims and none to assailant or his agenda.
I don't know if reporting on these events can be eliminated but research on copy cat suicides definitely demonstrates that how these events are reported upon has a significant effect on whether the people viewing it will be led to propagate the behavior.

So, I agree something could be done, even if it's not stopped altogether.

Guns shouldn't be allowed in gun-free zones.

Just sayin.

giphy.gif

Maybe I shouldn't write this as to jinx it but I'm surprised there aren't mass shootings at sports events something like at football game that would for sure get a lot of attention.

RIP to the victims. glad the shooter is dead.

Only way to stop this shit isn't banning guns or blaming social issues. How to stop this is STOP COVERING IT STOP GIVING GIVING IT ATTENTION. You got imbalanced people that see a way to bring attention to themselves or issues they are deluded about an go out in a blaze of media attention an be famous for a week getting wall to wall news coverage. It it wasn't covered by all media outlets like it gets you stop 80% of this shit or more.. my .02
So, no to banning the Right to bare firearms, but yes to banning the Right to free speech?

Only way to stop this shit isn't banning guns or blaming social issues. How to stop this is STOP COVERING IT STOP GIVING GIVING IT ATTENTION. You got imbalanced people that see a way to bring attention to themselves or issues they are deluded about an go out in a blaze of media attention an be famous for a week getting wall to wall news coverage. It it wasn't covered by all media outlets like it gets you stop 80% of this shit or more.. my .02
stop reporting killings, will stop them?

This may be the most intelligent solution on an issue Ive ever seen .

This is deep thinking!

The gunman in a Wednesday mass shooting on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, campus that left three dead and a fourth critically injured is a 67-year-old career college professor with connections to schools in Georgia and North Carolina, a law enforcement source told CNN, but it’s unknown what connection he had with the school where the shooting took place.

At a Wednesday evening news conference, Las Vegas Metro Sheriff Kevin McMahill said the identity of the shooter, who is dead, will not be released until his family has been notified.

McMahill said the shooter was engaged outside of Beam Hall by campus police officers. There was a gathering outside the hall where students were playing games and were building things with Legos, according to the sheriff.

“What happened today is a heinous, unforgivable crimeIf it hadn’t been for the heroic actions of one of those police officers who responded, there could have been countless additional lives taken,” he said.

In addition to the four victims who were shot, four people were taken to hospitals due to symptoms of panic attacks, the sheriff said. Two law enforcement officers were injured during the search for victims.

Three patients were taken to Sunrise Hospital, spokesperson Marissa Mussi said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/06/us/university-of-nevada-las-vegas-campus-shooting/index.html

Yep Mass shootings are in places like Chi-Town and St.louis and I can't tell you one of those scholars names....we are indeed desensitized to it.

Most school shootings are in rural towns.

Most school shootings are in rural towns.
02/13 - East Lansing, MI
02/14 - Pittsburgh, PA
03/27 - Nashville, TN
08/25 - Choctaw, OK
10/03 - Baltimore, MD
12/06 - Las Vegas, NV

Back