Crime Shooting at University of Nevada, Multiple Victims Suspected (Shooter Deceased)

02/13 - East Lansing, MI
02/14 - Pittsburgh, PA
03/27 - Nashville, TN
08/25 - Choctaw, OK
10/03 - Baltimore, MD
12/06 - Las Vegas, NV

Ok and?

9 out of the top 10 deadliest school shootings all happened in towns with less than 75k people. The majority all happen in rural areas.

Ok and?

9 out of the top 10 deadliest school shootings all happened in towns with less than 75k people. The majority all happen in rural areas.
1 out of 6 isn't a majority.

Anyhow, I'm gonna take future replies to the Lounge thread so we don't get thread banned here.

Do i? Do tell...

He's basically just calling for people to have basic morals and ethics. The MSM knows that reporting heavily on mass shootings and naming the mass shooters just gives future potential mass shooters more of a reason to go on a rampage if they think they're going to wind up being notorious because of it.

Many of these guys are incels, mentally ill or awkward autistic types. They'd like nothing more than to have the spotlight shined on them while given attention that they've never had, but crave.

If the media truly cared, they would tone down the coverage on these awful situations. They don't really care so they cash in on the coverage and then pretend to care live on TV while they're cashing checks.

He's basically just calling for people to have basic morals and ethics. The MSM knows that reporting heavily on mass shootings and naming the mass shooters just gives future potential mass shooters more of a reason to go on a rampage if they think they're going to wind up being notorious because of it.

Many of these guys are incels, mentally ill or awkward autistic types. They'd like nothing more than to have the spotlight shined on them while given attention that they've never had, but crave.

If the media truly cared, they would tone down the coverage on these awful situations. They don't really care so they cash in on the coverage and then pretend to care live on TV while they're cashing checks.

What would happen if they stopped reporting it yet the rates didn’t change in 5 years?

Also how do you stop the news in 2023? Anyone with a social media account can make a post about the situation. Most of the news articles are just repasted tweets or forum posts. They don’t get the tips first hand.

It would require a totalitarian government to enforce something like this tbh.

I disagree. These are mentally ill people. They are going to commit these mass shootings regardless of media exposure. I would be more worried about what they will do if the media didnt cover these shootings. Live streaming? It's apparently the new "cool" thing on social media.

What would happen if they stopped reporting it yet the rates didn’t change in 5 years?

Also how do you stop the news in 2023? Anyone with a social media account can make a post about the situation. Most of the news articles are just repasted tweets or forum posts. They don’t get the tips first hand.

It would require a totalitarian government to enforce something like this tbh.

If the rates didn't change, I'd just be wrong about it.

I'm not saying we have to stop the news. I'm just saying that personal responsibility comes into play here. It's on them. Don't report on it, name the shooter and fan the flames for future shooters while simultaneously pretending how egregious it is while profiting on the horrible situation.

I guess one thing we can do is stop paying attention to the news. Luckily America has been tuned in to how terrible and dishonest they are these days and the ratings have shown that.

I disagree. These are mentally ill people. They are going to commit these mass shootings regardless of media exposure. I would be more worried about what they will do if the media didnt cover these shootings. Live streaming? It's apparently the new "cool" thing on social media.

I'm not saying news reporting is the #1 cause but it's one of the causes. Mental illness is definitely a bigger issue. There's obviously been a huge uptick in mass shootings but guns have always been available to people. They need to start working on why this is happening. Is it because mentally ill people used to be in institutions or is it because modern technology/society/drugs etc are causing mental illness?

If the rates didn't change, I'd just be wrong about it.

I'm not saying we have to stop the news. I'm just saying that personal responsibility comes into play here. It's on them. Don't report on it, name the shooter and fan the flames for future shooters while simultaneously pretending how egregious it is while profiting on the horrible situation.

I guess one thing we can do is stop paying attention to the news. Luckily America has been tuned in to how terrible and dishonest they are these days and the ratings have shown that.

I'm not saying news reporting is the #1 cause but it's one of the causes. Mental illness is definitely a bigger issue. There's obviously been a huge uptick in mass shootings but guns have always been available to people. They need to start working on why this is happening. Is it because mentally ill people used to be in institutions or is it because modern technology/society/drugs etc are causing mental illness?
Probably has a lot to do with doctors wanting to make money off drugs that either don't work, or the patients don't take. We had a lot less of these mass shooting when doctors were still performing Lobotomy's which btw, are still legal in the US.

Probably has a lot to do with doctors wanting to make money off drugs that either don't work, or the patients don't take. We had a lot less of these mass shooting when doctors were still performing Lobotomy's which btw, are still legal in the US.
You are correct about having fewer mass shootings in the past (even before background checks existed in 1968) but I don't think lobotomies are a good idea...

My parents used to live there and they are hearing that it has something to do with the ongoing Israel Palestine situation but that’s all rumor mill right now.

My parents used to live there and they are hearing that it has something to do with the ongoing Israel Palestine situation but that’s all rumor mill right now.
The suspect is/was a 67 year old career professor.

Ok and?

Who gives a fuck? Most shootings in general don't.

Now we're breaking down the population of cities where shootings take place to meet our agendas. <Lmaoo>

GSP was already slowing down and taking damage the first time he left, and that was more than 10 years ago.

Ok and?

That's not rural that's like the population of a metro Detroit city

That's not rural that's like the population of a metro Detroit city
I literally do not care about whatever the overall argument is supposed to be here, but wouldn't a metro Detroit city be directly next to a bunch of other cities thus making it urban? A standalone town of 75k people or less seems fairly rural to me.

I literally do not care about whatever the overall argument is supposed to be here, but wouldn't a metro Detroit city be directly next to a bunch of other cities thus making it urban? A standalone town of 75k people or less seems fairly rural to me.

I suppose I was just thinking of city by city the population numbers and not considering them all one thing. 75 k doesn't seem like a rural size town to me. Regardless of if it's alone or if it's bordered by a bunch with similar numbers. That's civilization and will have a meijar and chain restaurants and all that comes with it.

Back