Media Helwani claims that the three fights Leon was offered for UFC 300 were against Khamzat, Islam and Shavkat

Just train at night, so much drama about made up shit.

Yeah, it's that easy, genius, I wonder why they all refused... <WhatIsThis>

Khamzat fought Burns during Ramadan and after that, he said he would never do it again.

Fekkin hysterical if that's correct.

<36>

khamzat still has visa issues. he wouldnt have been able to fight in april regardless of ramadan. gonna call bullshit on this list.
The United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control in December 2020 placed travel restrictions on anyone affiliated with the Akhmat MMA fight club. ever since the they did this khamzat has had visa issues. as of oct 2023 he still has a visa issue. the UFC just wouldnt offer someone who cant enter the US a championship fight in vegas. its just not gonna happen. they dont even have those strings to pull to make it happen. as long as Kadyrov keeps picking up khamzat in his private jet after every fight in UAE or dubai, he isnt getting a visa. those other names? sure i can see those 2 being offered the fight. but with khamzat on the list i find it to be not beleivable.

This is the first time anyone has posted anything remotely specific regarding Khamzat's "visa issues".

I appreciate the info. No way to verify it, but it sounds like the truth.

Hard to believe any of those 3 fighters would turn down a fight with Edwards unless there was not a possibility. Would've made a better 300 main event.

Three Muslims who won't fight during Ramadan, and Khamzat can't even get into the US anymore.

Belal is also a Muslim, so I guess there wasn't really a good fight for Leon.

This is the first time anyone has posted anything remotely specific regarding Khamzat's "visa issues".

I appreciate the info. No way to verify it, but it sounds like the truth.
typically in regards to these types of travel bans they last 1 year. but with khamzats continuous behavior associating with the chechyan leader kadyrov they can last up to 10 years. khamzats visa problems wont ever even start to be fixed until he seperates himself from that guy. him having visa issues as of oct 2023 is directly from his managers mouth.

Ariel looking fat

And i don’t trust a fat rat

<{fry}>

I feel like they forgot to offer him someone but I can't remember who...

I've been saying this for months, glad that someone else understands that Khamzat pissed off the only people in the US more powerful than a promoter or commission, the State Department. Khamzat will end up a giant "What if?"
Respect to Leon for accepting all 3, if Ariel isn't just shilling.
ariel may just be relaying what his sources are telling him. he may honestly think he has spoken the truth. it may be the truth. but i dont think it is. khamzats manager says its because he never had a swedish passport and has a russian passport, and with the war in ukraine going on he cant get cleared. but yet all the other russians are being cleared. his association with chechan leader kadyrov is the clear outliner here. with the state department restricing the fight club kadyrovs son trains at and also restricting any know associate at that gym. its clear as to why khamzat is fucked.

They took the most exciting, stacked, talent-rich division in the sport and turned it into this.

Anyone who says the UFC are good at what they do is fucking stupid.

You had a division where GSP was selling 400,000+ PPVs by himself every time out. You had Hendricks, Lawler, Condit. You had exciting contenders up and down the ranks.

Now we get one or two title defenses a year against the same tired group of contenders, half of them haven't even fought in a full calendar year before their fights and haven't had a ranked win in half a decade.

I really thought someone like Khamzat coming in and being so active (as he was originally) would be great and shake things up. Instead, we've had a long line of champs cherry-picking fights and Khamzat fights once a year at best.

There's so many good matchups to make and almost nobody believes the best guy in the division has the belt right now, but Leon (like Usman and Woodley before him) doesn't want to fight contenders, and the UFC doesn't want to even offer fights that make sense. You want Muslim contenders to fight around Ramadan? You already know that's not happening. What's the point of offering it? And Islam? Seriously? I like Islam a lot and I'm happy to see him living his best life and making his own mark outside of Khabib's shadow, but you have so many contenders at 170 and Leon hasn't fought any of them.

What the actual fuck, Dana?

So khamzat is gonna have to fight in Dagestan only or?

Islam spoke out against the conflict in support of Palestine after his last fight but the UFC cut that part out of the video they uploaded.

The other thing to remember is UFC is now owned by TKO, and whose CEO is Ari Emanuel. Ari Emanuel is a staunch supporter of Israel and his father also was a part of the terrorist group Irgun.

Belal isn't like the other Muslim fighters on the roster. He's an American so English is his first language and unlike those other guys, he can express himself well on the mic in English. No one knows wtf Khamzat was saying in his last fight, even though he was meaning well. Same with Islam. Same with Shavkat. I think pre-TKO, Dana would have given him the shot. I'm not a fan of Dana White, but he's pretty fair generally, outside of his favorites like Conor and Rhonda. But I dont think it's in Dana's hands anymore.

Dude can we just get those 3 fights to happen post 300 somehow, and that would be the most savage 3 fight defense streak, 2 undefeated killers and a dominant champ.

I dont know that id give Leon better than 50/50 odds for any of the three.

I feel like they forgot to offer him someone but I can't remember who...

I've been saying this for months, glad that someone else understands that Khamzat pissed off the only people in the US more powerful than a promoter or commission, the State Department. Khamzat will end up a giant "What if?"
Respect to Leon for accepting all 3, if Ariel isn't just shilling.
Well Dana also said Leon accepted 3 fights (didn't confirm what 3 though), and although I'll usually disbelieve anything he says, he's usually either bullshitting to tear down all fighters or prop up his few huge stars, so this is likely true

Back