Locked PWD 1156: Blood in Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continue for now

I don't know why Punk insists on that shitty slick backed hair and hoodie look. He looks so bad. When he came back at Survivor Series, he looked a decade younger compared to how he looked in AEW or how he looked last night.

How was he received by you guys? I saw a bit of his promo and some of his other WWE return stuff and his lines just seem to fall a bit flat now.

I don't know why Punk insists on that shitty slick backed hair and hoodie look. He looks so bad. When he came back at Survivor Series, he looked a decade younger compared to how he looked in AEW or how he looked last night.

How was he received by you guys? I saw a bit of his promo and some of his other WWE return stuff and his lines just seem to fall a bit flat now.
I liked his segment on Raw with Drew and Seth. He had some good lines. It's just hard to buy in to him at all with his injury history and most likely future

A lot of guys took pot shots at Beefcake in Dark Side, and no one really gave a good reason for them, or the back handed remarks. Beefcake seems very happy, and I’m happy for him.

Honestly, I don't get the hate.

Tag team champion with Greg Valentine, his character as The Barber was over.

His run at WCW was poor? So were quite a few of other ex-WWF wrestlers, and that was mainly due to creative. John Tenta as The Shark, Duggan as Canadian, even Bret goddamn Hart had issues.

It seems like the only reason why people hate him is because of the fact that Hogan looked after him, which, as far as I'm concerned, makes Hogan a good friend.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't get the hate.

Tag team champion with Greg Valentine, his character as The Barber was over.

His run at WCW was poor? So were quite a few of other ex-WWF wrestlers, and that was mainly due to creative. John Tenta as The Shark, Duggan as Canadian, even Bret goddamn Hart had issues.

It seems like the only reason why people hate him is because of the fact that Hogan looked after him, which, as far as I'm concerned, makes Hogan a good friend.
Any interview I've ever seen with Beefcake, he seems like he was just that. He was a dumb as fuck beefcake. Like, he truly seems SO dumb in his shoot interviews haha. Nothing wrong with that though. Found a lot more success than a lot of the geniuses in wrestling.

A fair and unbiased analysis.
I had to ask here. Twitter was a complete hellscape this morning of either ATTITUDE ERA BACK BABY (even though it should be NWA 1985 back baby) or WWE USES BLOOD SO I GUESS ITS OKAY FOR THEIR FANS NOW or FUCK PUNK FOR INVOKING JIM CORNETTE!

Last night's Raw seemed like it kicked ass though, and this lot is the only lot on the internet who can speak real on it!

I just uncovered the supressed memory that in my 20s I would often receive the "compliment" that I looked like Steve Buscemi....

lips-lipstick-on.gif

I had to ask here. Twitter was a complete hellscape this morning of either ATTITUDE ERA BACK BABY (even though it should be NWA 1985 back baby) or WWE USES BLOOD SO I GUESS ITS OKAY FOR THEIR FANS NOW or FUCK PUNK FOR INVOKING JIM CORNETTE!

Last night's Raw seemed like it kicked ass though, and this lot is the only lot on the internet who can speak real on it!
It was a really good show. Maybe the best Raw, top to bottom, in a decade or more. You can feel the new direction of the company in everything. Dunn being out too has the entire show looking different and better. I get more excited for Mania by the week

It was a really good show. Maybe the best Raw, top to bottom, in a decade or more. You can feel the new direction of the company in everything. Dunn being out too has the entire show looking different and better. I get more excited for Mania by the week

Are they still coming back from commercial and showing recap highlights of things that happened literally 30 seconds ago?
Or running 3 backstage skits in a row?
Or opening the show with 17 minute long promos?

Im curious to see what has you people so excited but if theyre still doing all that jazz then I already know I wont make it past the first 10 minutes

The name on the marquee says RASSLIN, gulldarnit!

I liked his segment on Raw with Drew and Seth. He had some good lines. It's just hard to buy in to him at all with his injury history and most likely future

I think Punk will be okay but I'm more impressed by Drew. Guy has been really good on the mic especially lately and honestly I like the long term building between Punk, Seth and Drew.

Im curious to see what has you people so excited but if theyre still doing all that jazz then I already know I wont make it past the first 10 minutes

For me the matches are actually good such as the Ricochet/JD match and it actually feels like there is long term booking now as opposed to what Vince was doing. I think if Vince was still in charge we would have gotten Rock/Roman on Night 2 of Wrestlemania and Rhodes/Rollins for Night 1. The only match on the current Wrestlemania card that I think Vince would have kept is Lynch/Ripley.

Are they still coming back from commercial and showing recap highlights of things that happened literally 30 seconds ago?
Or running 3 backstage skits in a row?
Or opening the show with 17 minute long promos?

There are more matches and longer TV time for them but it's still the WWE. So I wouldn't say you need to give it a shot, despite the 11/10 build with Cody

There are a lot of promos. The Punk/Drew/Seth segment in discussion was 20 minutes. It didnt feel like 20 minutes though and it advanced 3 people's storyline's in 1 segment. Punk is out till late Summer at best and he's still heavily involved in Wrestlemania.

There's just a bunch of little things that I really dig. Like showing the wrestlers getting to the building and talking about what is going to happen with them tonight. It has that same vibe as when Chuck and Shaq talk over a video of LeBron getting off the bus in a badass suit and talking about how his season is going. It's a small touch of realism to see Rhea not in full Rhea mode as she arrives to the building.

They also do these little interview segments in gorilla right before the match for the wrestlers last thoughts before they go out there. I love those.

The biggest thing I'm seeing is how everyone has a direction or storyline. I mean fucking Maxine who is a valet that doesn't know a wrist lock from a wristwatch has a storyline. It feels like a show with focus for the first time in a long time.

There are more matches and longer TV time for them but it's still the WWE. So I wouldn't say you need to give it a shot, despite the 11/10 build with Cody

There are a lot of promos. The Punk/Drew/Seth segment in discussion was 20 minutes. It didnt feel like 20 minutes though and it advanced 3 people's storyline's in 1 segment. Punk is out till late Summer at best and he's still heavily involved in Wrestlemania.

There's just a bunch of little things that I really dig. Like showing the wrestlers getting to the building and talking about what is going to happen with them tonight. It has that same vibe as when Chuck and Shaq talk over a video of LeBron getting off the bus in a badass suit and talking about how his season is going. It's a small touch of realism to see Rhea not in full Rhea mode as she arrives to the building.

They also do these little interview segments in gorilla right before the match for the wrestlers last thoughts before they go out there. I love those.

The biggest thing I'm seeing is how everyone has a direction or storyline. I mean fucking Maxine who is a valet that doesn't know a wrist lock from a wristwatch has a storyline. It feels like a show with focus for the first time in a long time.

I like when they do the interviews right before the match, they did that ion the SNME shows and it was a great way to get across the gimmicks of each wrestler and quickly explain the feud to a completely new audience that was tuning in to watch SNL
I also enjoyed Mark Henry doing them on AEW, it was terrible but thats what gave it a sense of realism, athletes in real sports aint always the best on the mic

Good example. Also, I would add almost all of the belts mean something now (debate on the US Title and the Women's Tag Titles). There's no doubt in my mind that Gunther is the best IC Champion in who knows how long and is not capable of having a terrible match, and R-Truth. The guy has been amazing and the fact that he's over 50 and still can captivate the crowd is great.

20 minute promos is all I needed to hear though LoL

tenor.gif
Part of that is also just the circumstances. Punk and Seth are both hurt, Roman’s gimmick is that he only works PPV main events(bright lights! Big cities!) and Rocky sure ain’t taking bumps in Poughkeepsie. Cody and Drew are the only ones who can be out there working every week. So there has to be a lot of talking to advance things

The build for something like LA Knight(YEAH) and AJ has hard zero face to face promos and has all been done through backstage segments and matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back