Canelo vs Trout Official

Jabbed to death my arse, Trout was NOT landing the jab. When a fighter jabs and misses because of good head movement, you have to give credit to the guy who is making the fighter miss. Not to mention Canelo was landing his jab a lot in this fight, he just didn't throw as many.

Trout was ineffective. Canelo was clearly effective, landing hard, accurate punches and making Trout miss.

I'm looking forward until some of you rewatch and retract your statements.

Likewise

LOL @ everyone hating on Texas. Pacquiao fought in Vegas and look what happened to him.

As the saying goes, don't leave it in the hand of the judges.

What happened to Pac in Vegas?

Texas has a pretty bad track record in boxing.

What happened to Pac in Vegas?

Texas has a pretty bad track record in boxing.

158016495.0_standard_352.0.jpg

That's funny considering he landed more than the hyped up fight fixing ginger according to punch stats

Amigo, youre trippin. The fight was closer than the cards said but Canelo won due to the really hard shots he landed. I understand the cards were too wide, but the correct man won.

Jabbed to death my arse, Trout was NOT landing the jab. When a fighter jabs and misses because of good head movement, you have to give credit to the guy who is making the fighter miss. Not to mention Canelo was landing his jab a lot in this fight, he just didn't throw as many.

Trout was ineffective. Canelo was clearly effective, landing hard, accurate punches and making Trout miss.

I'm looking forward until some of you rewatch and retract your statements.

It's a weird day where I think your one of the only sane people.

Canelo won 7-5 by me.

I do appreciate what Trout did in there and will pay closer attention to his career.

You can't credit a fighter just because he is moving around the ring a lot and looking like the slick boxer, he actually has to do something. Too many people get carried away with Trout throwing half jabs in to the fire zone, most of those jabs counted on the Show Stats were half punches. If we went through the fight and counted the jabs for both fighters that CLEARLY land, it would be extremely close.

Canelo clearly won

both guys very impressive

Trout threw and landed more punches. Checking punch stats. Standing there acting like a clown and not throwing any punches isn't outboxing someone either. But I guess that was good enough for a 118 score in your favor :rolleyes:

The 118 score was AWFUL, No argument there. Alot of the punches Trout landed where slapping, no power meaningless punches. If you can't see that i can't help you.

Correct, some landed not the majority.

trout was landing punches on canelo for good chunks on the round with canelo against the ropes, and canelo wasn't throwing back. he wasn't doing anything to win the round.

You can't credit a fighter just because he is moving around the ring a lot and looking like the slick boxer, he actually has to do something. Too many people get carried away with Trout throwing half jabs in to the fire zone, most of those jabs counted on the Show Stats were half punches. If we went through the fight and counted the jabs for both fighters that CLEARLY land, it would be extremely close.
Well, to me you cant credit a fighter for fighting a few seconds of each round. Waiting for power punches is a bad way to score a fight IMHO.

trout was landing punches on canelo for good chunks on the round with canelo against the ropes, and canelo wasn't throwing back. he wasn't doing anything to win the round.

Yes, those were the rounds Cinnamon took off.

Agree, he sat back and got jabbed to death for 2 minutes of every round.

Not just that but it looked to me like Trout was controlling both the pace and the place the fight was at. He landed more often and showed control, at least for the last 8 rounds (minus the KD)

I see you all complaining about this. Who the hell cares. This isn't Schrodinger's Cat. Whether you knew it or not, Canelo was getting the nod. Our prior knowledge did not affect the outcome of the decision.

it does suck the drama out

Trout wasn't landing punches on Canelo for good 'chunks' of the round. There was about three occasions when Canelo was stationary on the ropes, each time trout landed around one punch.

A lot of the time Canelo was firing back with good counter shots, particularly the right uppercut.

I'll admit, had it been 115-113 across the board like a lot of you had it, I probably wouldn't be bitching.

Well, to me you cant credit a fighter for fighting a few seconds of each round. Waiting for power punches is a bad way to score a fight IMHO.

Well the thing was Trout was ineffective. Canelo decided when they fought the majority of the time and landed cleaner, harder shots.

Back