Has anybody ever officially retired another fighter in the UFC?

Rory destroyed BJ
Machida may not have directly retired Randy, but that fight was pretty lopsided
Brock/ Herring
Franklin/ Liddell via Dana White

Well by that standard, every retired fighter whose last fight was a loss, got retired by the other fighter? I doubt that's what TS is asking, otherwise there are millions of examples.

Except I have a feeling the guys that lost that I mentioned, would have fought again if they has won (or not had their shoulder destroyed).

well Chuck did retire Randy in the ring,

but he came back

and Machinda did retire randy in the ring

it's not that you retire someone, they choose to retire, might be as a result of their fight

Yeah once Brock found no way to avoid getting hit he retired. Carwin opened the door but gave Brock false hope that he could win. Then Cain showed him the truth but Brock didn't believe it. Finally Reem convinced him that fighting wasn't for him.

At UFC 133 Alex "The Mauler" Gustafsson brutally TKO'd Matt Hamill (Hamill got all his attempted TD's stuffed too) and retired him. Bones wasn't the one to retire him, it was The Mauler. Technically, after Hamill lost to Rampage (but wasn't finished, lost by UD), he wanted to hang it up but he wanted to try another fight and see how he did. Well, The Mauler destroyed him inside 2 rounds and it took one year later for him to come back. He's now fighting the Roger Hollets of the world in the UFC (and winning).

On August 8, 2011, Matt Hamill decided to step away from the UFC and MMA, as he lost his last two fights. "Today is a sad day for me. After six years and 13 fights in the UFC I’m ready to hang up my gloves and retire from this amazing sport,"

HAMILL-630.jpg

Has anyone mentioned Dustin Hazelett. After he was submitted he came out and said he was done with fighting and was only going to teach.

Oh, and didn't Hughes retire Ricardo Almeida from MMA after he bulldog choked him into unconsciousness after catching him with a punch (I know, the shock)?

Roy Nelson retired CroCop.

Arguably, Matt Hughes retired Royce Gracie.

cro cop fought again and never officially retired

Yeah but he could have, and he had many fights scheduled but kept getting injured in training. His retirement was unrelated to that fight.

No my friend . If you've ever heard Terrell speak on his mma career you'd know his retirement was very much related to that fight. He said he had personal issues going into it and the fact that he "gave up" during the fight has haunted him to the point where he could never regain his original form . So it's related.

He was fine, actually challenged Fulton to a rematch.

But would you really call.that retirement? In those days most fighters careers consisted of like 1-3 fights. Is that really something you van retire from? I mean in that case Royce "retired" lots of guys in the early UFC's.

funcop1359584666.jpg

No one wants your logic in here

Roy Nelson retired CroCop.

Arguably, Matt Hughes retired Royce Gracie.

does arguably mean that Hughes actually didn't retired Royce, since he fought after that lost.... The whole meaning of retired means you never fight again. Education buddy, education.

Reem. He literally said "i'm going to retire brock"

Wand retired Bryan Stann, as far as I know he had no intention of retiring after that fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back