Family's atrocious reaction to their son coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much genetics plays into it. Probably some part. I would think lifestyle choices of high rates of drug, alcohol abuse, suicide, HIV are big factors in this.

What's interesting also, Pottenger's cat experiments. The cat's fed an unhealthy diet exhibited homosexual behavior by the 3rd generation. So the increase in homosexuals may be tied to bad diets/genes of parents and grandparents. In the USA, we've been eating like crap for a long time. And food affects our genes and our offspring.

I still think the biggest factor is a son not identifying himself with his father. Whether that's from neglect or abuse.

Anecdotally I can tell you that out of every gay person I have ever known (a fair amount, knew quite a few when I went to art school), I have never known one who had a normal, loving father- son relationship with their dad. Like you said, abuse, neglect, or disinterest pretty much covers the gamut.

So I think you are on to something there

Dude, you are so painfully over your head. Genetic is not synonymous with biological. It is biological, but probably not genetic.

Boom went your brain.

nope, it seems that gays are saying that it is genetic. your biology is based on your genetics though.

as far as your whole "when do you get your sexual orientation" stuff, well, when do you grow hair on your ARMPITS? is that genetic? can we say it is biology (which is based on your genetics)?

Lets make this simple.

Are gay men gay because
1) nature/genetics/biology
2) nutrure/their environment
3) by choice

or do you have another reason?

my opinion is that it is 1 in some cases and 2 in others. i would say 1 is more than 50%
i would say 3 is 0%

The only payment I need is seeing someone like you get absolutely embarrassed trying to punch above his mental weightclass. And speaking of genetics... here's to hoping you don't pass on yours.

can you please link me to the thread you are referencing. I really would like to read about this embarrassment to me.

Nice pom poms btw

Would you mind re-posting these "facts"? Preferably with a source.

Also, any comment on me telling you that most gay men don't have anal sex?

I have a comment on that -- do you have facts to back that up? Not saying it's not true, just that it is hard to believe.

Anecdotally I can tell you that out of every gay person I have ever known (a fair amount, knew quite a few when I went to art school), I have never known one who had a normal, loving father- son relationship with their dad. Like you said, abuse, neglect, or disinterest pretty much covers the gamut.

Thanks, but I didn't come up with it. That correlation has been known for decades. But some people want to silence what was in the psychology textbooks in the early seventies. (So I've read anyway)

Which post do you take issue with kflo?

The ones where you say anatomy is against gay sex, the ones where you say they have the power to not act on their gay attractions, the ones where you say they're gay because their fathers aren't there for them, and many other ones. Don't act as if you are just trying to post "facts".

Bigots like you are probably the biggest reason for any mental problems gay people might have.

so, the mental problems of gay people can be attributed to the biggots?

now that biggotry is outlawed, i guess the gays do not have any mental problems.

shit, i want to be healthy. I am taking the plunge

[YT]rn_YodiJO6k[/YT]

so, the mental problems of gay people can be attributed to the biggots?

now that biggotry is outlawed, i guess the gays do not have any mental problems.

shit, i want to be healthy. I am taking the plunge

[YT]rn_YodiJO6k[/YT]

What is your suggestion for gay people?

Even if it was true (that gay men tend to have poor relationships with their fathers), how do we know it's the father-son relationship that's the cause for (male) homosexuality and not the other way around?

Even if it was true (that gay men tend to have poor relationships with their fathers), how do we know it's the father-son relationship that's the cause for (male) homosexuality and not the other way around?

Could well be. Now can you post the facts about where most gay people don't have anal sex?

I have a comment on that -- do you have facts to back that up? Not saying it's not true, just that it is hard to believe.

In the Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers from Indiana University and George Mason University surveyed nearly 25,000 gay and bisexual men in an effort to better understand how they experience sex.

The results: Despite the popular perception, "sexual behaviors involving the anus were least common," researchers found. Around 75 percent of participants reported kissing their partners, giving oral sex, and/or receiving oral sex in their most recent sexual encounters. By contrast, only 36 percent of men reporting receiving anal sex and 34 percent of men reporting giving it. Half of participants who engaged in anal sex employed a condom.

http://magazine.good.is/articles/gay-sex-is-not-anal-sex

There you go.

I bet straight people's percentages are pretty close to those btw. Any comment, ripskater?

Would you mind re-posting these "facts"? Preferably with a source.

Also, any comment on me telling you that most gay men don't have anal sex?

Gay bowel disease http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?...med.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVAbstractPlus

A clinical pattern of anorectal and colon diseases encountered with unusual frequency in these homosexual patients is termed the gay bowel syndrome. The clinical diagnoses in decreasing order of frequency include condyloma acuminata, hemorrhoids, nonspecific proctitis, anal fistula, perirectal abscess, anal fissure, amebiasis, benign polyps, viral hepatitis, gonorrhea, syphilis, anorectal trauma and foreign bodies, shigellosis, rectal ulcers and lymphogranuloma venereum.

Gay men tend to have high rates of STD's, abuse drugs and alcohol, suffer depression and commit suicide more often.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1070935/

I wish it wasn't true and I don't wish these problems on anyone. Except maybe ISIS.

I don't get why people get drawn into these nonsensical arguments with bigots and give them a position to argue when really there is none if you stick to the point.

The point is...who cares what the reason is why someone is gay? What does it matter if it is genetics or preference?

If a guy likes blondes, brunettes, reds or dudes and that is what makes him and his partner happy why should I care? Why should the bigot care? What business is it of mine or his?

People getting drawn into these arguments with bigots are helping the bigots by missing the point and giving them something to argue. Instead stymie their argument at the get go by not engaging in the nonsense. Don't give it credence.

http://magazine.good.is/articles/gay-sex-is-not-anal-sex

There you go.

I bet straight people's percentages are pretty close to those btw. Any comment, ripskater?

Dude that is a poll on MOST RECENT sexual experience. If I polled people to see what their last drink was and only 1/3 said "water" would you also say most people don't drink water? Of course not but that's what you're doing here.

Care to comment on that?

I don't get why people get drawn into these nonsensical arguments with bigots and give them a position to argue when really there is none if you stick to the point.

The point is...who cares what the reason is why someone is gay? What does it matter if it is genetics or preference?

who do you think is most obsessed with stating the fact that gays are born that way?
a) gays
b) the bigots

don't think you are tall enough to ride this coaster

I say abstinence. Counseling to deal with a bad childhood relationship with a father, dealing with past abuse, neglect, fostering good healthy non sexual relationships/friendships with other men. I believe churches should step in and help any gay person that wants help with this.

lol, you can't give me your answer as to whether being gay is nature or nurture or choice

but you ask me for a suggestion on gays when i am making a joke not at anyone's expense?

well, I suggest that gay people not give a shit what bigots think. i only care about what people i am in contact think about me. if someone i don't know wants to hate me for what i believe or practice, then go ahead.

I will take this as you have accepted losing to me in this argument just like horse style did before naptime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back