A beloved fighter that you don't like.

I knew that someone would bring up the Strikeforce belt, which is a fair argument. I would point to the quality of WWs in SF that he fought being rather low compared to UFC top 10 guys. He beat Paul Daley, Cyborg's husband whose face just got broken, KJ Noons who came over to the UFC and worked his way to a losing record against middling competition, and Marius Zaromskis who has never fought, let alone beat, anyone else ranked near the top ten.

Although Strikeforce had some absolute stars and future stars on their roster, Nick didn't fight any of them.

The Nate thing... its just not really my preference. He throws a ton of volume but theres very little risk to his opponents because he doesn't have much power.

I'm not saying its wrong to like those guys, they just aren't my favourite.
Hindsight is 20/20 bullshit. I dont play that game.

Silly that you'd mention Cyborg and left out Frank Shamrock, Sakurai, Scott Smith, Zaromskis (was dubbed the new CroCop back then and was Dream Champion after winning the grandprix which might not mean much to you but it was solid going into the Diaz fight)...... maybe you're more aware of who Cyborg is because of recent news? I notice you pointing it out. Obviously already mentioned Daley, Noons, Gomi...

Discount the Noons TKO loss due to a cut, and Diaz was on a 16 fight winning streak heading into the Condit fight, which many felt he lost controversially... then he'd go on to fight 2 GOATs back to back in GSP and Anderson Silva. GSP beat him clean, no doubt. Anderson too, but obviously on the juice.

Anyways, I get it, you didn't watch Pride, Dream, Elite XC, Strikeforce... no problem dude. I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind or anything, nor am I trying to argue. You said you don't understand why the Diaz bros are as popular as they are, and I tried to explain it to you from my point of view. Back when UFC wasn't the only show to watch, consider it that Nick Diaz conquered the 'indies', fighting in Pride, Dream, Shooto, EliteXC, Strikeforce, plus an original run in the UFC... and yea, that's why some of us love him.

That's all. No need to argue. Just trying to make you understand.

Peace.

But Nick isn't all around loved. Plenty of people talk shit on him.

You are correct.

War Diaz. Fuck the haters.

5f51f5fc25143f7ad8893ed7e0f725bd.jpg

Condit and i still don't know why, maybe bc fans. Not bc of the diaz fight either. i didn't like him in the WEC. Also don't like alan belcher

Almost everyone people loved from Pride, I suppose. Except Rampage is my favorite (but I kinda wish he'd retire), and I'm not totally indifferent to Barnett, because it's largely his fault that Affliction died.

How the fuck does anyone hate Sakuraba. Great photo under your name though so you can't be all fucked up

I couldn't tell you why. There's just something about him that makes me dislike him. A lot of people are like that with TJ Dillashaw.

'Great photo under your name though...'

<{jackyeah}>

Diaz bros and Mir.

Diaz bros whining got old a long time ago, and their nuthuggers are the most irritating people for me on the site. The fact that they continue to lose and try to cherry pick fights only compounds how irritating they are to me.

Mir, idk. Just rubs me the wrong way in a lot of instances.

Most everyone else I can deal with.

I couldn't tell you why. There's just something about him that makes me dislike him. A lot of people are like that with TJ Dillashaw.

'Great photo under your name though...'

<{jackyeah}>

Fair enough, guess I'm the same with Randy and GSP, though I just think both are fake as hell..... But Saku, man that's almost like hating a sunny day.

Never liked Chuck Liddell.
I meet the guy in 2007, and you wouldn't imagine the amount of stupid questions people asked him, and he was a nice a guy as you could ask for. He really was a good dude.

I had the picture with me and him on my Motorola Razr, for a long time. I wish I still had it. : (

I hate all fighters. I only watch MMA for two reasons:

1) Conor

2) McGregor

Steven Wonderboy Thompson.
Too much Mr nice guy.... Knock his head off already.

GSP because he doesn't seem to give a fuck about actual deserving contenders getting screwed out of a title shot.

Vitor
Wonderboy
Joanna
Cerrone
Arlovski
Karate hottie
Calderwood
Yoel

I'm with you here. Never gave two shits about Frankie. He's even from my home state of NJ.
And god damn it, you're a grown ass man. Be Frank. Frankie is a child's name or for tomboys named Francis.

But he is so small. Frankie is a fitting name imho. Just like Mighty Mouse for DJ. If you are small you might as well run with it.

Back