Active shooter situation in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Apparently Moncton guy followed Facebook news groups to keep tabs on the cops but the badguy wouldn't have access to people's personal facebooks

Was that ever confirmed? Not that it matters but I had heard that was a rumor and was being pushed as a precaution.

I just have a hard time believing that social media monitoring is at the top of the priorities list while in armed standoff. lol.

Was that ever confirmed? Not that it matters but I had heard that was a rumor and was being pushed as a precaution.

I just have a hard time believing that social media monitoring is at the top of the priorities list while in armed standoff. lol.

The guy was hiding in the woods playing phone

Yeah we need the police/media to officially say we captured a crazy guy and nobody was hurt/slain

Everyone in Fredericton is crazy and out of sorts atm and understandably so

Exactly my thoughts. As I said earlier, i don't use social media but my wife's is full of dumbfounded people who are completely on edge winder what the hell.

This kind of stuff is so rare here that folks just don't what to think. Even in Saint John, where I think you said you were from (my birthplace) this would be freaking everyone out and crime is quite a bit worse there.

What a crazy fuck. I hope he finds "true love" while he rots in prison.

Justin Borque at age 24 will serve 75 years in prison

I hope his life is horrible and he makes it out at age 99, takes a few steps away from the jail and is run over by a hover car

I'm heading to the gym. Once I'm finished I'm going to drive to the area to see if there is still any kind of presence.

A strange part of the gleaner article was that other agencies would be patrolling the city on the coming days. This is just all kinds of crazy!!!

Thanks @Clippy for the yeomans work in this thread.

I'm heading to the gym. Once I'm finished I'm going to drive to the area to see if there is still any kind of presence.

A strange part of the gleaner article was that other agencies would be patrolling the city on the coming days. This is just all kinds of crazy!!!

Stay safe friend

I haven't read through the entire thread . . . was there more than one incident involved here?

1: The first shooting everyone knows about

2: a mysterious super cop formation of some secret thing nobody seems to have any real details about

Never trust a guy with three first names.

I love it when witnesses and such always say shit like 'he seemed so nice' etc. Like, when is the last time you thought 'bet that guys a murderer, won't be surprised if he goes on a spree' genuinely about a person.

Psychopathy is actually a very interesting condition. Not even all psychopaths are violently evil, there is a psychologist/psychiatrist (forget which) that in doing brain scan studies of psychopaths looked at his own brain in a blind test and discovered that his brain was clinically psychopathic. When he talked to his fellow researchers and family they all confirmed to him that while he was a good enough dude, he was manipulative, shallow and selfish. He actually works hard every day now to try to not be manipulative and to specifically go out of his way just to help his wife out with regular everyday shit, which is entirely against his nature. He's not violent, never was, but his brain is the particular kind of dangerous that enables this kind of evil to happen. /derail

Never trust a guy with three first names.

I love it when witnesses and such always say shit like 'he seemed so nice' etc. Like, when is the last time you thought 'bet that guys a murderer, won't be surprised if he goes on a spree' genuinely about a person.

Psychopathy is actually a very interesting condition. Not even all psychopaths are violently evil, there is a psychologist/psychiatrist (forget which) that in doing brain scan studies of psychopaths looked at his own brain in a blind test and discovered that his brain was clinically psychopathic. When he talked to his fellow researchers and family they all confirmed to him that while he was a good enough dude, he was manipulative, shallow and selfish. He actually works hard every day now to try to not be manipulative and to specifically go out of his way just to help his wife out with regular everyday shit, which is entirely against his nature. He's not violent, never was, but his brain is the particular kind of dangerous that enables this kind of evil to happen. /derail

One of the world's top surgeons was given that kind of scan, and he was a psychopath as well. Turned out it actually made him better at his job; he didn't freak out if a patient died and his ego drove him to constantly hone his skills and increase his knowledge. Because he wanted to be the best at his chosen profession.

Psychopaths also tend to experience fear less intensely than normal people. This can drive them to seek out extreme situations, sports etc. It can also make them excellent fire fighters, cops etc, because they are less likely to lose their shit in a dangerous situation.

Be careful out there, bro.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the lack of information and the different agencies involved suggests it might be terror related.

Be careful out there, bro.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the lack of information and the different agencies involved suggests it might be terror related.

Who the fuck wants to terrorize Fredericton?

Most people only just found out there's a place called Fredericton.

The coverage of this seems shockingly inadequate.

Welcome to Canada!

Remember the van driver/murderer? Crickets.

Mental issues + hated women = case closed, "this kind of thing doesn't happen in Canada. We are used to seeing this type of thing in the US".

Who the fuck wants to terrorize Fredericton?

Most people only just found out there's a place called Fredericton.

<bball2>

But seriously, who - apart from music lovers;) - would think an Ariana Grande concert would be a prime terrorist attack?

Justin Borque at age 24 will serve 75 years in prison

I hope his life is horrible and he makes it out at age 99, takes a few steps away from the jail and is run over by a hover car

Just like what people said about Karla Homolka.

One of the world's top surgeons was given that kind of scan, and he was a psychopath as well.

Was he at the Mayo Clinic, and specializing in liver resections? Just a wild guess, not saying I know the guy :rolleyes:

And I'm not joking

Was he at the Mayo Clinic, and specializing in liver resections? Just a wild guess, not saying I know the guy :rolleyes:

And I'm not joking

I don't think so, man. IIRC, the guy I'm talking about was a Neurosurgeon.

It's a statistical fact that Medicine has one of the highest percentages of Psychopaths of any known profession.

I don't think so, man. IIRC, the guy I'm talking about was a Neurosurgeon.

It's a statistical fact that Medicine has one of the highest percentages of Psychopaths of any known profession.

Surprising. Neurosurgeons tend to be elitist, subdued intellectual pricks. I went to school with one who was a brilliant guy but a massive asshole - LOL.

The biggest psychopaths tend to be cardiac interventionalists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back