Active shooter situation in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Justin Borque at age 24 will serve 75 years in prison

I hope his life is horrible and he makes it out at age 99, takes a few steps away from the jail and is run over by a hover car

I hope you're right, but even though two of his victims were cops, I don't see him getting that kind of sentence. Wasn't there a RCAF officer who was a serial killer? He raped and murdered several women, even filming one victim's death. The bastard only got 20+ years.

Surprising. Neurosurgeons tend to be elitist, subdued intellectual pricks. I went to school with one who was a brilliant guy but a massive asshole - LOL.

The biggest psychopaths tend to be cardiac interventionalists.

Have you watched Scrubs?

I hope you're right, but even though two of his victims were cops, I don't see him getting that kind of sentence. Wasn't there a RCAF officer who was a serial killer? He raped and murdered several women, even filming one victim's death. The bastard only got 20+ years.

If I didn't mention it before, Welcome to CANuckistan!

He got 3 consecutive life sentences and has 75 years with no chance of getting off early

Like I said for him to get out at 99, taste freedom for a few seconds and die of a massive heart attack or something would be awesome

Nope. Why?

Scrubs is a hospital comedy. The surgeons are portrayed as sexist, arrogant, selfish Jock-types. Obviously it's exaggerated for comedic effect. But a friend of mine who is a GP had to do part of her internship at Glasgow Royal Infirmary and was attached to the surgical department. She said a lot of the surgeons were disturbingly close to characters like, "The Todd" on Scrubs:D

He got 3 consecutive life sentences and has 75 years with no chance of getting off early

Like I said for him to get out at 99, taste freedom for a few seconds and die of a massive heart attack or something would be awesome

Good. I'm happy to be proven wrong in this case.

So I just got back home after running around this morning/afternoon. Went and checked out the scene from last night and there was not much going on. I stopped by my wife's work and saw a couple of officers heading to a pita pit next door. I thanked them for thier service and offered my condolences and quickly asked about last night. They said they had nothing to report at this time. I didn't press it but found it strange that they didn't just say everything is fine and not to worry. The whole encounter lasted like 20 seconds.

Another point I would like to make and this is now me just speculating completely. There is a very large gay pride parade here today. I can't help but wonder if they uncovered some kind of plot to "disrupt" said parade. There wasn't even a peep about last night on CBC news radio this morning. So strange.

Last edited:
So I just got back home after running around this morning/afternoon. Went and checked out the scene from last night and there was not much going on. I stopped by my wife's work and saw a couple of officers heading to a pita pit next door. I thanked them for thier service and offered my condolences and quickly asked about last night. They said they had nothing to report at this time. I didn't press it but found it strange that they didn't just say everything is fine and not to worry. The whole encounter lasted like 20 seconds.

Another point I would like to make and this is now me just speculating completely. There is a very large gay pride parade here today. I can't help but wonder if they uncovered some kind of plot to "disrupt" said parade. There wasn't even a peep about last night on CBC news radio this morning. So strange.

A Gay Pride parade would be a tempting target for all kinds of shit-bags. From Neo-Nazis to Islamic terrorists to lone "Incel" losers.

A Gay Pride parade would be a tempting target for all kinds of shit-bags. From Neo-Nazis to Islamic terrorists to lone "Incel" losers.

Exactly my thoughts. I hate to start playing out all of these scenarios and speculating on all kinds of possibilities but god damn..........this seems like something is intentionally being kept quite. Logically, wouldn't the authorities want to reassure the public that everything is fine after Friday's craziness?

Justin Trudeau to meet with Fredericton Police Force members after deadly shooting

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/fredericton-shooting-police-justin-trudeau-1.4782506

(no anti-Trudeau shit please)

You can disagree with the majority of what a person does and still acknowledge and give a tip of your hat in respect to a good move

Not sure how, but I hope this act from the PM helps the community and department heal. Good gesture if nothing else, which is about all anyone can do in times this tough

Justin Borque at age 24 will serve 75 years in prison

I hope his life is horrible and he makes it out at age 99, takes a few steps away from the jail and is run over by a hover car
I think these 2 should be the exception to the rule when it comes to long term solitary.

The PM was supposed to attend this parade but that was cancelled in reaction to the shooting, according to CTV,

"Trudeau had planned to march in Sunday's Pride parade in Fredericton, but his plans changed after the shooting at a north-side apartment complex that killed Bobbie Lee Wright, Donnie Robichaud, Const. Robb Costello and Const. Sara Burns."
- https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/fallen-...r-with-prime-minister-after-tragedy-1.4050008

I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Incidentally, to me, it's an interesting contrast to the CBC story,
- https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/fredericton-shooting-police-justin-trudeau-1.4782506
which has a heavier-handed tone or something I can't quite put a finger on.

Welcome to Canada!

Remember the van driver/murderer? Crickets.

Mental issues + hated women = case closed, "this kind of thing doesn't happen in Canada. We are used to seeing this type of thing in the US".
2 things.
#1 Outside Toronto, it is still a quite rare occurrence, relatively, and it almost always is people who know each other. I don't personally feel any less safe than I did last week.
#2 In Toronto, there is a strong correlation between the increase in violence and a steep increase in the availability of guns. There just plain and simply were many fewer murders before a sudden increase in the number of guns on the street. I don't know how they're getting into the country, but they are apparently mostly from the US. I think that is where we ought to be focusing our attack on this problem, blocking/preventing sources of illegal weapons.

I don't know that this addresses your post, because I find it largely incomprehensible (that's probably me, it's been a long day [edit] a realllllly long day), but what hated woman are you talking about (with source, if you please)? I'm curious.

Last edited:
So hard to refrain................must not.......... ok, not the time or place. Though there is a gay pride parade her today. I wonder if Trudeau had planned to be here anyway???

Where's he supposed to find guys to fuck? Grindr? A man of his appetites can only be satisfied by an entire parade.

RIP victims BTW.

Back