All mexican food is basically the same thing with different names.

Name one.

Mole (red, greeen, poblano, oaxaqueño)
Chiles rellenos
Chile enogada
Pozole
Menudo
cochinita pibil
pescado zarandeado
pescado a la vercruzana
Biirria
Barbacoa
Camaron aguachile
tortitas de (potato/tuna/camaron ) toritas are not small tortas BTW.
Caldo (7 mares, tlapeño)
Caguamanta (ray meat passing as sea turtle).
Ceviche

Im just mentioning pretty common food everyone in mexico has eat (minus sea food) noting exotic or very obscure no known outside each state.

Tacos itself is not a food, is just a way to present and handle the food.

Basically you can make a taco of everithing but that doesnt make mole and shrimp the same food.

taco_hamburguesa_DF20.jpg

Mexican Food is to Mexicans as Chinese Food is to the Chinese.

Those are brands TS.

Mole (red, greeen, poblano, oaxaqueño)
Chiles rellenos
Chile enogada
Pozole
Menudo
cochinita pibil
pescado zarandeado
pescado a la vercruzana
Biirria
Barbacoa
Camaron aguachile
tortitas de (potato/tuna/camaron ) toritas are not small tortas BTW.
Caldo (7 mares, tlapeño)
Caguamanta (ray meat passing as sea turtle).
Ceviche

Im just mentioning pretty common food everyone in mexico has eat (minus sea food) noting exotic or very obscure no known outside each state.

TS,
giphy-10.gif

For five years I'ved work on a show that travels to about 8 countries a year. Fine dined in each one.

Mexico city fine dining was in the top three best meals of my life. Mole aged 8 years, stewed lamb neck, ceviche, soups. Pretty diverse.

Tacos itself is not a food, is just a way to present and handle the food.

Basically you can make a taco of everithing but that doesnt make mole and shrimp the same food.

taco_hamburguesa_DF20.jpg

exactly the food is inside the tortilla, its just a way to eat it, similar to how people eat rice with their steak or fish.

Mexican food is the bomb, never gets old to me.

Nothing beats picking up some nice street tacos, el pastor. and washing it down with a nice cold jarritos or Sangria soda
mi-casa-restaurant.jpg

axefkx28jsax.jpg

Tamales:

51W0QjTterL._SX355_.jpg

Motherfucker that's a burrito

Tostadas:

Herdez_Traditional_Refried_Bean_Tostadas_with_Pico_de_Gallo.jpg

That's also a burrito, you just didn't even bother rolling it up

Tortas:

Adobada-Torta.jpg

You just put a burrito on a hamburger bun

TostiLocos

recipe-20170520031337924244z8tfo1.jpg

wtf is that. It's definitely not a burrito though, I'll give you that.
Stop being racist medullah.

exactly the food is inside the tortilla, its just a way to eat it, similar to how people eat rice with their steak or fish.

Mexican food is the bomb, never gets old to me.

Nothing beats picking up some nice street tacos, el pastor. and washing it down with a nice cold jarritos or Sangria soda
mi-casa-restaurant.jpg

axefkx28jsax.jpg
Goddamn I love Jarritos.

This thread is clearly full of white people, lol.
Some straight ignorance in here. Mexican food is diverse as shit.

This.

Pollo Pibil
40bba75368201a58b8070f6fcf78074d.jpg

Mole
margaritas-mexican-restaurant-mole-5.jpg

Birria

Birria-de-Res-2.jpg

Chilaquiles
chilaquiles-with-fried-eggs.jpg

Ceviche
cfe2c9b4-9381-4e62-a222-2084a565c51b.jpg

Mojarra Frita
3477411613_58f8606b46_b.jpg

FYI, for those that didn't know that Mexican food is more than just street tacos and burritos.

Can you wrap my meat, beans and rice in a tortilla please...
Can you put my meat on a tortilla and put the rice and beans on the side, please...
Can you fold my tortilla in half with meat inside and put rice and beans on the side, please....
Can you roll my meat in a tortilla with rice and beans on the side, please....
Can you cut my tortillas in to triangles, fry them then put meat on top of them with rice and beans on the side, please...

Etc. Etc.

Ts struck some nerves itt. He must be right

That's how we feel about white people. You all look the same, you just have different names.

Jk I'm white asf.

I like how ts nuked his own thread by admitting half of his experience with Mexican cuisine is the oh so authentic Taco Bell.

Tostadas, menudo, tamales, bunuellos, carne en su jugo, albóndigas, nor nopales are anything alike.

Mexican cuisine does have some recurring characters such as salsas, tortillas, cilantro and onion, and lime ;but, they're more like our condiments/carb (bread for white folks).

I've thought the same thing.

But maybe its like Chinese food where the stuff you get in western restaurants bears little resemblance to the real food.
combination of that and the vast majority of mexican and pseudo mexican restaurants that your average white suburbanites would be exposed to are a subgenre of mexican food that very specifically has roots in the poor people of northern mexico and the restauranteurs have very much created their menus to maximize variety with the fewest parts.

the cbicken tamales I order from this El Salvadorean restaurant over here are legit. never had them in my life until I found this joint. they look nothing like the crap Roca posted.

You could do this with lots of ethnic food.

Asian food is all just some kind of meat with some kind of rice or noodles.

Italian food is all just meat sauce over pasta.

Irish food is all potatoes over potatoes...
to be fair, Irish food really is all potatoes over potatoes.

Back