Andrea "KGB" Lee vs. Jessica-Rose Clark ("Jessy Jess") at UFC Milwaukee, December 15, 2018

Who wins?

• Total voters
Womens flyweight is now the division with the most weight misses / weight cut related withdrawals by far

q00QkaE.png

a lot of that is down to Jess (twice), Sijara Eubanks (twice), etc

upload_2018-12-14_20-12-16.png

Weight misses at 115 are down on last year, only three weight misses in 2018 v seven in 2017, but all its done is shifted the problem to 125 where we now have bantamweights convincing themselves they can make 125 when they cant

this is why a 165 division will make zero difference to weight missing. A few 155 fighters that cant make 155 will move up, but it will have a bunch of 170lb'ers moving down and missing weight.

the sample size argument? nah, Flyweight is nearly as high as bantamweight now for fights over the last two years.

I’ve trained with KGB a few times. She’s a really nice girl, just gets a lot of bad press for all that stuff with her ex. I’m hoping she’s got her head straight and picks up the win.

He's her husband, not her ex.

I mean, yeah. Technically he still is. I’m just assuming they’re not formally together anymore. Could be wrong though, just assuming.

I wouldn't bet on that. Her language afterwards seems to indicate she is open to reconciliation. Not to mention that she chose to marry an Ex-Nazi with a history of violence in the first place.

Clark should just move up to bantamweight, her biggest acomplishment is beating former strawweight and Monster sponsorship.

I wouldn't bet on that. Her language afterwards seems to indicate she is open to reconciliation. Not to mention that she chose to marry an Ex-Nazi with a history of violence in the first place.
Violence? He straight out murdered a man

xF1nId8.gif

Cool story (the part I didn't quote). Thanks for sharing.

Strong mullets...

My dad rocked a bottom-end curly mullet back in the late 80’s early part of the 90’s... I remember a teenager at the time( I was like 7..) at McDonald’s, thought my ol man was Jake The Snake Roberts... I thought it was the coolest thing ever...

Anyway... carry on.

Who knows, I’m sure it’s hard to leave after so much time with a person as your coach and husband. On top of having a kid with him, I just wish her the best. Not defending anyone’s actions at all btw. Also, Donny was always super friendly every time I interacted with him. I never even knew about his past until all the tattoo stuff came up. Crazy stuff man.

Womens flyweight is now the division with the most weight misses / weight cut related withdrawals by far

q00QkaE.png

View attachment 487977

Weight misses at 115 are down on last year, only three weight misses in 2018 v seven in 2017, but all its done is shifted the problem to 125 where we now have bantamweights convincing themselves they can make 125 when they cant

this is why a 165 division will make zero difference to weight missing. A few 155 fighters that cant make 155 will move up, but it will have a bunch of 170lb'ers moving down and missing weight.

the sample size argument? nah, Flyweight is nearly as high as bantamweight now for fights over the last two years.
Who missed weight at Heavyweight??

q00QkaE.png

View attachment 487977

Although if we dive into the numbers of who missed weight.
Eubanks 2x, jrc 2x, Nicco, Molly, and Gevorgyan were all supposed to be regular Flyweights who were brought into the ufc for the division.

UFC BW cutting to Fly like Carmouche, shevchenko, Davis, Eye, Evans-Smith, Chookagian have only had 1 miss in Kim (which was short notice) and Kim has made weight 2x with a full camp.

So the issue isn't BW cutting extra but the unprofessional noobs.

Although if we dive into the numbers of who missed weight.
Eubanks 2x, jrc 2x, Nicco, Molly, and Gevorgyan were all supposed to be regular Flyweights who were brought into the ufc for the division.

UFC BW cutting to Fly like Carmouche, shevchenko, Davis, Eye, Evans-Smith, Chookagian have only had 1 miss in Kim (which was short notice) and Kim has made weight 2x with a full camp.

So the issue isn't BW cutting extra but the unprofessional noobs.

I would argue that Eubanks, Nicco, and Jessy Jess were ALL bantamweights

Strong mullets...

My dad rocked a bottom-end curly mullet back in the late 80’s early part of the 90’s... I remember a teenager at the time( I was like 7..) at McDonald’s, thought my ol man was Jake The Snake Roberts... I thought it was the coolest thing ever...

Anyway... carry on.

As an early 80s child, I still don't see anything wrong with mullets - on the contrary.

I just doubt they'll ever be great again :(...

q00QkaE.png

View attachment 487977

I think adding a 165 and 175 division can only help fighters who are struggling to make weight. The drop from 185 to 170 is too big, same with 170 to 155.

Back