Andrei Arlovski apologized for using homophobic slur, UFC responds

He shouldnt have to apologize for this but unfortunately we have many protected classes of people now a days... in the context he said it, it wasnt insulting to the LGBT people imo. But its best to cover your bases and just apologize.
It's not that it insults gays per se, but that gay equals bad. He didn't apologize for his general point, which is fine, but for his choice of word. That's cool. Move on.

There was no outrage because he apologized before anyone asked him to. That's the important difference with people waiting for days of shit-storm before typing an half-assed excuse, and then not understanding why people don't think they are sincere.
Most people don't think they said anything wrong until some easily offended dimwits try to twist things and create a big deal out of nothing. So that's why they end up apologizing afterwards and make it clear what they meant.

Obviously, every case is different but even if he hadn't apologized I don't see what's so wrong about what he said. It's pretty clear in the context that he wasn't trying to attack the gay community or something.

Good for him for apologizing so fast though. It will prevent idiots from turning this into something it isn't.

He shouldnt have to apologize for this but unfortunately we have many protected classes of people now a days... in the context he said it, it wasnt insulting to the LGBT people imo. But its best to cover your bases and just apologize.

Thanks for deciding what is and isn’t offensive to them, for them

This mindset is dangerous

Most people don't think they said anything wrong until some dimwits try to twist things and create a big deal out of nothing. Obviously, every case is different but even if he hadn't apologized I don't see what's so wrong about what he said. It's pretty clear in the context that he wasn't trying to attack the gay community or something.

But the word is offensive. Anyone can see he wasn't specifically attacking gays, but he DID use a word that is used to DISPARAGE gays, or others, and he apologized. He was wrong.

Thanks for deciding what is and isn’t offensive to them, for them

This mindset is dangerous

It is very dangerous.

Dude has that one-step-before-becoming-a-supremacist vibe.

People like him, I check their last few posts to see if they have a pattern. I'll check his now.

The apology was the only mistake.

2zup.gif

There was no outrage because he apologized before anyone asked him to.

No, there was no outrage because nobody fucking knows about it besides hardcore MMA fans, who are much more forgiving of someone dropping an F-bomb than the average person. Let's not kid ourselves

It is what it is. I use that word excessively and I in no way mean it in the context of homosexuality. It's exclusively a term directed at bitches of all types. That said, it has an origin of slang and the people against which it has been directed are always going to find it offensive. The guy isn't directing board meetings, but he's on a position of public speech so some types of decorum should be expected.

Because decorum HAS to be upheld

<TrumpWrong1>

Lol I agree 100%. Just ridiculous that we now hold cage fighters to a higher standard than the president.

This politically correct is ruining people. I don't mind people being gay, ok, I am not, but what's the problem in relieving some shit or even talking some funny shit using "inapposite" words? I don't get it. You will not hate the others doing that, is absolutely normal.

Different from Colby/Sonnen talking shit about people living in favelas or about the women of the opponents. There are levels to this.

Arlovski, you are right. Fuck these .......

No, there was no outrage because nobody fucking knows about it besides hardcore MMA fans, who are much more forgiving of someone dropping an F-bomb than the average person. Let's not kid ourselves

Fucking right, I've used it to describe lazy or whiny co workers, bad drivers, myself, my dogs, whoever ruined game of thrones, fruits in this thread crying about a beautiful word, and that's just today.

6 months of re-education, in the UFC tolerance institute!

Back