*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Jones really should have like 100 mill net worth by now.

He’s the sports goat, been a champion since h was 22 and the guy has probably made less than 12 million in his careert
Helwani said before Jones moved up to HW he'd been making about $5m a fight. Then I'm guessing he probably got $8m for the Gane fight in line with what they offered Francis.

How do you just eat a straight like that, no setup or anything, why was he just standing there in front of him, I'm not some great boxer, but still
He was kinda "dizzy" from previously getting sent to the mat.
Dropped twice, tired, a bit bedazzled....and then a boxing master comes and throws a clean punch, one that he's been practicing even in the warm-up prior to the fight itself.
It is what is is.

This was just like like Francis vs Stipe all over again. Francis just came out wild, ignored his coaches and didn't respect AJ's power. Next time he needs to be more methodical and fight at a slower pace.
I strongly doubt it would have mattered anyways. AJ found his distance and just shot a right down the middle once he closed in. Basically beat him with just two punches, a classic 1-2.

It woud likely be worse. Francis had 1 tool to beat Jones. The same tool everyone else hoped to use

View attachment 1033515
Weird how Jones needed 3-4 years to get a big belly in order to enter the HW division once it was clear that Ngannou was going to leave. The only man to win a title against a guy coming of a loss. lol

The little boys in this thread are hilarious, are you Dana's boyfriends that you defend him so much? Ngannou made more in two fights than he would've in 10 years in the UFC, keep those tears flowing you fucking goofs.

The moment he turned southpaw, I knew it was all over. That kind of bullshit might work in MMA to protect an injured lead leg, but in boxing it just leaves you wide open for a right hand puncher if you don't know what you're doing.

Ngannou getting knocked on his ass for probably the first time in his life shattered all his confidence and it was just a matter of time after that. Even Joshua looked like he was sorry for what he was about to do to the poor guy.

Joshua makes Francis look small.

I hope AJ considers MMA. He could easily crossover and beat the living shit out of non wrestlers.

I didn't realize he was wearing a pink tutu, that's unusual.
He's strong and all but alas, you can't just choose another sport and then somehow catch up when you're old. Still, it's incredible that those fights happened ; although I'm not certain he remembers the AJ fight very well.
In the end, he's now technically a rich ex MMA fighter, which is an accomplishment for sure.

Last edited:
Dayum, Anthony just demolished Franks stock right there.

<{you!}>

Back