Any vegans on here?

dude... you have a strange need to keep shooting little pot shots at people. Was your thread really enhanced by calling me a spazz?

lol just words, man, just words.

This is more respect between the two groups than I've ever seen shown. I think that says a lot about the maturity of both sides, and in particular of the understanding of the vegans of their way of life.

Not to sissy this up. Keep on arguing :D

Let's just settle this on the next season of TUF vegans vs non vegans. Mac danzig will coach the vegans and you guys can choose your meat eating behemoth coach.

yes, yes, all in all, a good exchange by the parties involved.

I, for one, and just too old and broken down from the jits to get all bombastic about the veganism anymore.

but yes, as was stated earlier, please someone start up some trouble so we can get to arguing again.

If you're a vegan, you have to be anti-abortion, cuz you don't eat eggs, meaning you think that a fetal life is just as valuable as a full grown life.

True story.

Hence: liberal vegans are dumb. :D

If you're a vegan, you have to be anti-abortion, cuz you don't eat eggs, meaning you think that a fetal life is just as valuable as a full grown life.

True story.

Now you've gone too far, sir! only a 100 reply thread can settle this!

Your reasoning here has a giant hole in it.

Your reasoning:

1) The meat industry uses 70% of all crops in the world, and takes up 25% of ice free landmass on the planet
(insert logic here)
Therefore, the argument that animals are raised on land that could not support humans is wrong.

First, ignore the idea of "land". We're talking specifically about indigestible plants. I dare say there is no place on earth that, given sufficient resources, a human could not inhabit.

Im not saying that all that land could be used to grow crops for humans, but it is certainly not so that all that land is only usefull to grow crops for animals. second of all alot of the crops is actually edible for humans, soy and corn for example.

Hm. Don't have the energy to comb through all the the earlier post battles but just wanted to respond to the OP that I'm not vegan but I am lacto-ovo vegetarian.

I remember being harassed by a particularly evangelical vegan friend before becoming vegetarian so I try to be respectful and non-preachy about my food choices.

And on the flip side the obsession with harassing vegans in strength circles has always boggled my mind/bored me to death.

meh.

second of all alot of the crops is actually edible for humans, soy and corn for example.

Are you aware of the alarming amount of deforestation and land-rape that occurs on account of soy? Something being grown that's edible to humans could also kill humans in other ways. Not that I'm against that per se, because I hold the belief that if a certain number of people and animals don't die every year, then all of us would (it's called the balance of the life and death cycles), but I find arguments based on what preserves life best rather moot in the grand scheme of things.

haha. of course im aware of that, that is one reason why I don't eat meat. the vast majority of the soy goes to cattle and only a small percent to food for humans. and if people would eat the soy directly we could grow about 90% percent less soy. so don't preach to me about rape of the planet.

haha. of course im aware of that, that is one reason why I don't eat meat. the vast majority of the soy goes to cattle and only a small percent to food for humans. and if people would eat the soy directly we could grow about 90% percent less soy. so don't preach to me about rape of the planet.

Or we could just start killing off most of the useless, lazy and stupid people that do nothing but take up space and resources and we wouldn't need nearly as much land, soy or cattle. Problem solved.

Hmmm a thread with vegans that hasnt turned into a flame war. Ive found the thread pretty interesting and some interesting points of view from the vegans.

Now if all vegans were like you guys and not tie dye wearing hippies you see in the media you guys would probably get alot less hate from people like our meat eating forum.
Now all that said and done im still going eat alot meat but respect for your choice. E5 use ur NRA license and hunt down those tie dye vegans, will being doing normal vegans a service.

Or we could just start killing off most of the useless, lazy and stupid people that do nothing but take up space and resources and we wouldn't need nearly as much land, soy or cattle. Problem solved.

i like this, the probelm is how do we decide who to kill? it would just end with that the people in charge would kill everyone they dislike...

my general picture of vegans and vegetarians is that they are usually teenage people who wan

True story.

This doesn't even remotely make sense.

Eating eggs = pro abortion? Well suck me sideways!!!

Hm. Don't have the energy to comb through all the the earlier post battles
You're doing yourself a huge disservice dude... HUGE.

I think all the regulars on this thread will agree it has been nothing short of a gold-mine of information that will change everything you thought you knew about nutrition.

Arguably the most informative diet thread evar!!!!!!1

In fact, does anyone agree that this should be made sticky ASAP?

/sarcasm

E5, do you know of any good websites with vegan diet plans for athletes? My searches have come up blank for the most part. Thanks bro.

i like this, the probelm is how do we decide who to kill? it would just end with that the people in charge would kill everyone they dislike...

my general picture of vegans and vegetarians is that they are usually teenage people who wan

E5, do you know of any good websites with vegan diet plans for athletes? My searches have come up blank for the most part. Thanks bro.

nope. I'm a noob when it comes to dieting for fighting and training in general... that's why I'm here actually, I'm trying to find out how much I can still stay vegan but improve my diet so I stop getting my ass kicked on the mat.

If money is close to no object, there is a product called Vega that is supposed to be very good. It's amazingly overpriced IMHO, though:
BrendanBrazier.com :: Triathlete, Author and Speaker :: Vega
but some people pay $300 for designer jeans where I won't pay a fraction of that... so if you got money to burn, I'd recommend trying it out.

I think vegan jiu jitsu is the right guy to ask. also, I tend to cheat a lot, so if you're a hardcore animal rights guy, some of what I eat may not be for you.

I've already started adding things like fish oil and other things like beta Alanine and B12 that I have no idea if it's vegan or not. But I do keep my whole food meals vegan.

fish oil is obviously not vegan, but beta alanine and b12 are typically vegan in supplements, as long as you're not taking capsules made of gelatin. I've been vegan for almost a year now, but I am now starting to train again after a battle with a back injury. so hopefully vegan jiu jitsu sees this and can help.

I got you. no need to fret. naturally, it would vary by person and goals.

start by digging around at Vegan Fitness :: Home
then you can scoot on over to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness where this guy will teach to how to grow the best viking warrior goatee ever:
profile_avi_5.jpg

good nutrition data from a loooong time vegan, and not a hippie, Jack Norris R.D.: Vegan Health.org : Home
he also does nutritional consulting for $50: JackNorrisRD.com : counseling

and you can message me and I can give you some non-expert, moderately reliable, suggestions.

but seriously, if anyone here is vegan, read up on and consider:
B-12 -- take a sublinqual
Iron -- you might as well get it checked now and again, at least when you start out. also, if you're a menstruating woman, your need may be higher.
Calcium -- are you getting enough or what? I get mine through my fortified rice milk.
D2 (D3 is animal derived, I do believe)-- consider a D2 supplement unless you live on the equator
Omega-3's - flax seed oil is good to me.
creatine monohydrate by Creapure

Back