Television Anyone watching squid games on netflix

So just finished the first episode. It's Korean and quite an interesting plot. Where close to 500 people in debt agree to go play a game where winner takes millions in prize money. If you fail the games you die.

<mma4>
Gonna have to check it out.

Picked up a couple Korean made movies recently and liked them. I was actually really impressed by them.
<YayKpop>
They were more original and had better storylines than most the crap coming out of Hollywood nowadays. Like they actually cared about making a decent movie not just easy $

I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it. It's the classic Korean show though.

Here is the formula.. There are three groups of people in a Korean tv show

1 - The ultra good guys that are ultra goodies
2 - The ultra bad guys that are ultra baddies
3 - The cannon fodder caught between the good/bad guys and completely dispendable

Squid Games, Kingdom, Train To Busan etc

they all follow this format

Last edited:
How many times are they gonna make the same movie.

Premise is worn out.

the show wasn't made for you. it was made for koreans.

how many korean battle royal movies are there?

the show wasn't made for you. it was made for koreans.

how many korean battle royal movies are there?
Irrelevant. Besides, on any given year for the past decade, nearly half of the Korean top box office have been American films. For the record, I think movies like Vanilla Sky are stupid, too. Ironically, Korea even had their own Running Man.

Shit is worn the fuck out.

Sounds interesting, I'm going to check it out

The ending is stupid. In the beginning the main character of the show was a total pussy but in the end he was a beast to contend with that managed to beat up a much more powerful and smarter player. What a crock of shit it was. The ending was a joke and doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
It was good 8/10. The marble game was intense! I was hoping for more games like tag or red rover. If there is ever an American version thats definitely in there.
Spoilers:

I really dont understand the brothers position or intentions.
The ending was pretty unsatisfying. Why would you not go with the money you have left get ur daughter and live happy rest of your life?
Its basically hunger games or the running man though.
If the message wasnt basic, rich man bad and bored so bet on peoples lifes. If it had some deeper meaning like, now you know the value of life will you be greedy with the money or help others?

The ending is stupid. In the beginning the main character of the show was a total pussy but in the end he was a beast to contend with that managed to beat up a much more powerful and smarter player. What a crock of shit it was. The ending was a joke and doesn't make any sense.

They literally setup the ending at the very beginning of the show. Also his friend wasn't that smart it's just what the MC believed. If you saw all the shit his friend caused you should have realized he was an idiot that caused people to lose a lot of money and caused his own mother to lose her business.

So about that ending...

Just uh..... just gonna abandon your kid there, eh buddy? ....You know, the last remaining reason you had for living in the first place? ....That's the plan, eh?

It was good 8/10. The marble game was intense! I was hoping for more games like tag or red rover. If there is ever an American version thats definitely in there.
Spoilers:

I really dont understand the brothers position or intentions.
The ending was pretty unsatisfying. Why would you not go with the money you have left get ur daughter and live happy rest of your life?
Its basically hunger games or the running man though.
If the message wasnt basic, rich man bad and bored so bet on peoples lifes. If it had some deeper meaning like, now you know the value of life will you be greedy with the money or help others?

I feel like they deliberately didn't explain the brother's motives + ended with a cliff hanger to get people to demand a 2nd season.

I saw that plot twist coming a mile away though. So predictable.

Apparently Squid Game has been the most watched show on netflix and causing two shows (Alice in Borderland and Sweet Home) to get a boost in viewership.

I actually started watching Alice in Borderland the day after watching Squid Game. Maybe I will check out Sweet Home too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...r-its-boosting-similar-shows/?sh=202b23064f7c

Netflix has a monster hit on its hands with Squid Game, its most popular Korean drama ever, and what is shaping up to be one of its most-watched foreign-language productions period. The show is planted at #1 on the service, even in the US, and has been trending on social media non-stop since its release.

I’ve noticed something interesting going on with Netflix though in the wake of Squid Game’s popularity. Squid Game is actually so popular that it’s causing a surge of interesting in similar shows that Netflix offers, so much so that it’s boosting them to the “trending” page, despite many being older.

I finished it a few days ago. I thought the show was great. Good pacing, great acting, interesting story that allowed for some fan theories. I really liked the second episode. The way they push you into the show, hit you hard, and then pull you back out for the character building. The marble episode was a real tear jerker. I suggest watching a YT on hints given during the show that foreshadow certain events.

Finished it today, great show except a second episode and white dudes. First two episodes are a bit slow but than shit gets intense. It's like a mix of 'As the Gods Will' movie and 'Kaiji' animation.

I also thought that was dumb and incredibly cheesy. The lines from those guys were so bad. It wasn't until I read a fan theory that said that we the audience we're really those guys watching the show for our own enjoyment that it made a little more sense."

@Dirt Road Soldier put that shit in spoilers man, come on. Don't be a dick.

I feel like they deliberately didn't explain the brother's motives + ended with a cliff hanger to get people to demand a 2nd season.

I saw that plot twist coming a mile away though. So predictable.

I feel like the brother is experiencing the same feeling that Jigsaw's survivor are feeling. Grateful for a better life and now what to help others get to the same place. Remember all the people there are low lifes with mountains of debt and no way to get out cause of their lifestyles.

Last edited:
So about that ending...

Just uh..... just gonna abandon your kid there, eh buddy? ....You know, the last remaining reason you had for living in the first place? ....That's the plan, eh?

It's not really surprising

The guy was a horrible father from the beginning. He had money to stop his daughter from leaving and he still let her leave. Then he had money to go and be with her and he decides to go on a suicide mission. This guy will do anything but be a good father.

Apparently Squid Game has been the most watched show on netflix and causing two shows (Alice in Borderland and Sweet Home) to get a boost in viewership.

I actually started watching Alice in Borderland the day after watching Squid Game. Maybe I will check out Sweet Home too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...r-its-boosting-similar-shows/?sh=202b23064f7c

Netflix has a monster hit on its hands with Squid Game, its most popular Korean drama ever, and what is shaping up to be one of its most-watched foreign-language productions period. The show is planted at #1 on the service, even in the US, and has been trending on social media non-stop since its release.

I’ve noticed something interesting going on with Netflix though in the wake of Squid Game’s popularity. Squid Game is actually so popular that it’s causing a surge of interesting in similar shows that Netflix offers, so much so that it’s boosting them to the “trending” page, despite many being older.

Yea I've had a few people tell me to watch Alice in Borderlands a while back. My cousin told me to watch Sweet Home. I just hate reading subs or dubbed voices. Squid Games was so good though that I didn't care.

I feel like the brother is experiencing the same feeling that Jigsaw's survivor are feeling. Grateful for a better life and now what to help others get to the same place. Remember all the people there are low lifes with mountains of debt and now way to get out cause of their lifestyles.

One theory I read was that when the man first approached Seong in the subway to play the game, Seong had two choices to pick from. A blue card and a red card. That choice could have determined if he was in the game or if he was a guard.

I just watched it on the weekend. It was a great show! It also left plenty of openings to a second season. Definitely a fan.

7.8/10

Its a good watch but my interest slowly fades with each episode. Currently in the middle of the marble one.

They literally setup the ending at the very beginning of the show. Also his friend wasn't that smart it's just what the MC believed. If you saw all the shit his friend caused you should have realized he was an idiot that caused people to lose a lot of money and caused his own mother to lose her business.

He was an idiot in money and in the outside world but within the game he did some smart moves like the tug of war and managed to survive by manipulating his partner on the marbles game. The main character didnt do jackshit throughout but get lucky. And if anything he had help at the marbles game because the old guy who was the true mastermind of the squid games faked his memory loss to let the dude win the marbles back when in reality he was 1 marble away from being killed. Cheated.

Back