Social Are You A Breeder Or An Achiever?

There are people with and without drive and ambition with and without kids.

Just like they are lazy, good for nothing bums who have kids and who do not.

Kids won't get in the way of a good man. Also, blaming your kids for your lack of success is pathetic.

I also think judging someone negatively for not having a family or kids is incorrect as well. There are some extremely productive, satisfied, actualized people who just didn't have kids/have a family. These generalizations are stupid.

I don't think I've ever met a stupid woman that didn't have kids that was capable of having kids or didn't have some underlying health condition. Like, not one.

That is generally the crown jewel of achievements for a stupid female. Nothing they do in life will be seen as more of an achievement, but it's only seen as an achievement by other stupid women.

The more intelligent and creative a woman is, the less likely she will be to have children from what I've seen.

With dudes, it's not like that. I've met some crazy stupid guys with no kids, and I've met some really smart guys with large families. There doesn't seem to be an intelligence factor when it comes to having kids with guys.

I don't have kids because it seems like a completely meaningless thing to do in these times. They don't help you survive. They empty your pockets. They make you statistically more likely to get a divorce or to be in a bad marriage. But more than anything, raising kids seems like it would suck. I mean, I can be around my nieces and nephews for a day or so, but only one of them isn't a pain in the ass. That's the thing with kids. You can be the best parent ever and still have a piece of shit kid like my nephew. You can also be a piece of shit parent and have an amazing kid

I think a lot of people have kids because they want someone to be there for them when they get old, but having kids doesn't ensure that at all. In fact, most of the guys I know didn't have a great relationship with their dad. Now that I'm middle aged, I'm seeing that a lot of my friends aren't really there at all for their parents.

My wife and I thought about kids years ago, but we have a pretty wild lifestyle that kids don't belong in. We plan on reverse mortgaging our homes and dying with debt since we won't be leaving anything to anyone. By the time we're at an age when we'll need help with stuff, robot technology will be amazing. We won't be cleaning our home, driving, or fixing anything.
There's really never been a better time to not have kids........enjoy YOUR life.
My 2 cents....

I don’t know. I changed careers twice almost made it pro in powerlifting before the injury and was a semi pro fighter (when I had one kid). Got a second degree. Not sure what else I’d have done.
Well you're an inspiration, i myself feel stuck at the moment

Well you're an inspiration, i myself feel stuck at the moment
I say the trick is to just pick something reachable and knock it out. Go from there. Also there are things I chip at instead of devote myself.

...or maybe there's just a whole lot of people out there with zero interest in procreating?

It's primarily an ego thing about passing on their genes, that these people somehow, believe are special among the eight billion other people that already live on the planet... apparently math isn't their strong suit.

Evolutionarily speaking there isn't, or at least there hasn't been yet.

There are some people that have kids who are driven to do so via their ego, but that's not the ideal environment for a well adjusted human to flourish. Those narcissists usually are pretty obvious.

I think the drive to have children is deeper than ego. It's possibly more that one becomes aware that something is missing. But it's a complicated thing.

For me it all depends on ones definition of being an achiever. Like I had my first kid, was a stay at home dad and ended up earning a bachelor of education degree all while raising my daughter and then my son when he came along.

My wife climbed the ladder in her career and is just about as high as one can go, and she is additionally learning a second language and taking the classes that go with that to get another degree ontop of her master's.

And that's all while raising both of our kids that also speak two languages, and are both athletic kids that are in the top 10 ish percent of the skillset in their sports.

Before kids, my wife and I would travel around a bit more, but that's really the only difference and in the grand scheme of life, I don't really view having travelled around more than we do now, being a huge achievement.

Or maybe neither?

This video asserts that you can't self-actualize if you have kids and I tend to agree. Also mentions people who have kids have a lower IQ on average than those who don't and if you lack skills and creativity, having children is the cope of being incapable of achieving anything. What do you think? Do kids shut your life down for 18+ years or can achievement and parenthood coexist?

Nah. I think it coincides with the modern woman cat lady phenomenon. We're going to have a epic mental health problem when women are 2x more prone now. Thinking it's cool to wait till beyond geriatric pregnancy to have kids is utter stupidity.

I think given a choice, women would prefer to have kids but today we got NPCs. "The science" plus experimental drugs and cardiac issues.

We got psychopaths openly discussing lowering birth rates followed by a number of things as well as indoctrination of the masses to be a good little sheep. Follow the follower.

I don't think Elon musk let's having kids stop him.

This is how Idiocracy happens. For the record I’m definitely in the breeder category. Been living paycheck to paycheck for 30 some years now.

Evolutionarily speaking there isn't, or at least there hasn't been yet.

There are some people that have kids who are driven to do so via their ego, but that's not the ideal environment for a well adjusted human to flourish. Those narcissists usually are pretty obvious.

I think the drive to have children is deeper than ego. It's possibly more that one becomes aware that something is missing. But it's a complicated thing.
Biological urge, just like sex

Biological urge, just like sex

Everything is biological or at least so heavily influenced as to be un separable. Things that are most important to us are the most biological in origin.

You ever hear the movie Idiocracy? This is how we get that in real life.

TLDR; All the lowest IQ people on the planet breed like rabbits, while the intelligent people of the world keep putting off having kids until they're "ready", but keep ending up waiting too late.

Neither. I don’t have kids. But it isn’t as if I’m working on curing child poverty or something. I am just enjoying my life as much as possible. I out in my time at work, and then I go home and enjoy doing what I like to do.

It's primarily an ego thing about passing on their genes, that these people somehow, believe are special among the eight billion other people that already live on the planet... apparently math isn't their strong suit.
Yeah I always thought it was weird when I hear men use the excuse "I wanted to pass on my legacy or name or bloodline" or some shit like that.

I mean, it's like we're still living in the middles ages and people think they're nobles or royalty or some shit. Pretty sure when you get past the grandchildren stage nobody is going to remember you and visit your grave.

I was more commenting about people like the clown who said "Higher IQ who don't have any kids have massive mental health issues. " earlier in the thread.
Of course there's always the scenario where regardless of intelligence some people cannot physically have kids.

I have a friend who had to have a hysterectomy in her 30s before she had a chance to have kids. I don't see how that would say anything about her IQ.

Of course there's always the scenario where regardless of intelligence some people cannot physically have kids.

I have a friend who had to have a hysterectomy in her 30s before she had a chance to have kids. I don't see how that would say anything about her IQ.

Or mental health state.

Yeah I always thought it was weird when I hear men use the excuse "I wanted to pass on my legacy or name or bloodline" or some shit like that.

I mean, it's like we're still living in the middles ages and people think they're nobles or royalty or some shit. Pretty sure when you get past the grandchildren stage nobody is going to remember you and visit your grave.

Even then, how many grandchildren actually visit their grandparents grave or even talk about them after they are gone?

The world would be much better if people accepted just how inconsequential to history or even the world around them, that they actually are. Life is short, you get one of them so enjoy it while you can.

Back