Bad drivers

The worst are female Koreans. Except, you know, those licensed up north!
@Banchan

Last edited:
I was going to make a thread about this the other day but thought it didn't warrant one..

This is more on the pedestrian side, but I hate people who open their car doors all the way while parked on a two lane residential street when they're getting into their cars or getting something out of it. Shows a total lack of awareness and sometimes I just want to drive straight through and knock their door off instead of swerving around it.

People that dont move over and let you pass when they dont have a turn coming up for miles deserve to be ran off the road.

My main complaint is bike riders who insist on riding on the inside of the line of the lane. I mean you have a 4 foot shoulder to ride on a sidewalk that no one else is on. Why do you insist on having drivers going around you?

My main complaint is bike riders who insist on riding on the inside of the line of the lane. I mean you have a 4 foot shoulder to ride on a sidewalk that no one else is on. Why do you insist on having drivers going around you?

The city here painted lines for bike lanes on each side of the street where cars aren't supposed to drive but bicyclists don't ride on them because all of the crud on the roads, like rocks and sand, gets moved onto them by traffic.

i hate people in parking lots who are driving in front of you but decide to back into a parking spot. of course they can never do it quickly, they have to back up and pull forward 5 or 6 times before finally getting in. and they expect me to sit there for all that.

also, why is it that women can never pull close enough to the atm. they then have to open up the door and get halfway out to reach it

Makes sense. I guess that's why stock and muscle cars and the century old racing culture were somehow brought about by "tame and meek, rule abound" drivers...

El. Oh. El.

Do you know why you brought those up? Because the idea of a car making both left and right turns (if any turns at all) is pretty foreign to you.

Oh please.

I lived in MD for a long time (for me). Maryland drivers are pretty much the same as every other American driver. Every place I go all over the the states, I heard the transplants say, oh, people here suck at driving. Or people on that side of the border are terrible. Blah blah blah.

Here is the reality. All US drivers are pretty much all the same. Tame, meek, timid. Cautious. Rules bound.

Really. The US is the tamest, vanilla missionary country in the world when it comes to driving. Well, maybe not Canada.
Everybody is convinced that the drivers where they live are the worst ever. In reality, everyone everywhere sucks at driving. It's like how most people think they are either above or below average at most things, but are by definition of being most people, just average at most things.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm looking for a driver for my printer.
This one is bad.

If you have a Ford F 350 or a Nissan Titan, or anything like that, don't park in the compact spaces. I will murder you.

Everybody is convinced that the drother gets where they live are the worst ever. In reality, everyone everywhere sucks at driving. It's like how most people think they are either above or below average at most things, but are by definition of being most people, just average at most things.

Eh. I'd say taken as a whole, Americans are among the least skilled drivers in the world. OTOH, the driving conditions (massively wide, straight, well paved roadways, shoulders, generally law abiding populace, etc) are such that it isn't the absolute worst in terms of safety. Pretty bad (9th worst among the developed nations) but not terribad.

I was talking to @therealdope about this as we were weaving through traffic on the North Riverside highway in Seoul. He asked me if Koreans were good drivers and I responded that they were definitely more skilled, but also definitely less safe. Then he says, "Welp, sounds like Italy."

If you have a Ford F 350 or a Nissan Titan, or anything like that, don't park in the compact spaces. I will murder you.

I just parked the Escalade in two compact spots while getting some fried chicken. I get a warm fuzzy thinking about all the sight lines it blocks for all the plebes who have to drive compact cars.

i can rant all day about this but it is proven that the biggest avoidable cause of traffic is people who brake unnecessarily,

it falls into 2 main subgroups

1) people who brake just because they see brakelights and dont just change lanes and/or take their foot off the gas and coast

1b) people driving too much faster than the car in front of them, causing them to brake harder when the lead car starts braking

2) people who slam the brakes to make sudden lane changes rather than either accelerating or giving themselves enough time to change lanes

2b) people who by extension cause braking, by not letting the above people in their lane, speeding up to block the lane change. forcing the changer to slam the brakes to get behind the blocker (and possibly another car tailgating the blocker)

here is a gif to show how unnecessary braking causes traffic. when people see brake lights, they start braking, which makes the cars behind them start braking etc.

then it takes a second or two for the front car to stop braking and accelerate. then it takes a second for the car behind them to stop braking and accelerate etc. so it takes a long time for the last car of the wave to realize they dont have to brake anymore

also FUCK BMW DRIVERS

Eh. I'd say taken as a whole, Americans are among the least skilled drivers in the world. OTOH, the driving conditions (massively wide, straight, well paved roadways, shoulders, generally law abiding populace, etc) are such that it isn't the absolute worst in terms of safety. Pretty bad (9th worst among the developed nations) but not terribad.

I was talking to @therealdope about this as we were weaving through traffic on the North Riverside highway in Seoul. He asked me if Koreans were good drivers and I responded that they were definitely more skilled, but also definitely less safe. Then he says, "Welp, sounds like Italy."
Yeah, the Italians are crazy. But they are really good at it.

When it comes to bad drivers, I like to classify them into 2 groups: assholes and morons.

Assholes are the ones who know the shit they're doing on the road breaks traffic laws and inconveniences the hell out of other drivers... but do it anyway because it's convenient for them.

Morons are the ones who have no fucking idea what they're doing and break the rules because they don't know the rules or forgot them.

And the thing is, I prefer to run into the assholes, because at least they're predictable. Once you spot them you can kind of anticipate what they will do. But a moron can do literally end up doing anything because they're not doing it intentionally.

I agree with the general analysis here. I think this can be categorized even further.

1) Aware, Aggressive
-These drivers can be assholes to be sure, but they're paying attention, mostly because they have to if they're not going to wreck. They can tick me off, but they're generally not dangerous.
2) Aware, Passive
-These drivers are going to follow the rules of the road to a T, or sometimes go slower than the limit, because they enjoy the drive. They know what they're doing, so they're not going to cause a wreck, but they hold up traffic and can be very annoying to manouver around at times.
3) Unaware, Passive
These are bad drivers. They're not really paying attention to anything, often on a cell phone or conversating with a passenger. They cause more trouble than the awarely aggressive drivers because they don't see or care about anything on the road. They're slow enough to be a roadblock, turn like molasses, never, ever, ever, ever use signals, and don't like when they're being passed, because they didn't see you coming until you pass them. I hate these types. They get into wrecks by their complete inattentiveness and ability to muck up traffic.
4) Unaware, Aggressive
I hate the unawarely passive drivers, but these are the truly dangerous people. These are your drunk drivers who think they're only buzzed but end up driving double the limit, your Kawasaki riders swerving through traffic at high speed, the morons who nitro past everything without seeing the cop taking radar at the side of the road. These are the least populous drivers in general, because they are typically the ones who get busted or busted up.

i can rant all day about this but it is proven that the biggest avoidable cause of traffic is people who brake unnecessarily,

it falls into 2 main subgroups

1) people who brake just because they see brakelights and dont just change lanes and/or take their foot off the gas and coast

1b) people driving too much faster than the car in front of them, causing them to brake harder when the lead car starts braking

2) people who slam the brakes to make sudden lane changes rather than either accelerating or giving themselves enough time to change lanes

2b) people who by extension cause braking, by not letting the above people in their lane, speeding up to block the lane change. forcing the changer to slam the brakes to get behind the blocker (and possibly another car tailgating the blocker)

here is a gif to show how unnecessary braking causes traffic. when people see brake lights, they start braking, which makes the cars behind them start braking etc.

then it takes a second or two for the front car to stop braking and accelerate. then it takes a second for the car behind them to stop braking and accelerate etc. so it takes a long time for the last car of the wave to realize they dont have to brake anymore

also FUCK BMW DRIVERS

God, I fucking hate spastic drivers.

Back