Belal Muhammad did a training camp while fasting 18 hours per day

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Does it seriously make you feel more energetic? Cause Ive been feeling a bit weak lately. I think I accidently fasted without noticing when I was depressed and I remember feeling way energized than I usually did. Now I feel without energy again.
Mentally 100% for sure.

Physically Im pretty sure too. I just started training hard little time ago so I would not.

The thing is that your body needs energy to process all the food you are putting into. If you eat every 5/6 hours you are never giving him a rest. IIRC it takes like 12 hours to process a meal.

I believe in different types of bodys and different reactions. I tried from eating every 2 hours to Intermittent fasting (and everything in between) and this just suits better for me. Maybe it is not the same for everybody but you should give it a try if you want.

Training for a fight and not drinking water isn't hard?

Fucking morons in this sub sometimes.

The moron is you.

Fasting for 18 hours a day and training for a fight > then fasting 24 hours a day and training for a fight like allot have to do.

Takes much energy from me bro. I feel like Austin Powers without my mojo.

<6>LOW T confirmed .

I'm down with the intermittent fasting thing, however. It's sometimes brutal when training and low on calories, IMO.

<6>LOW T confirmed .

I'm down with the intermittent fasting thing, however. It's sometimes brutal when training and low on calories, IMO.
Low calories??
That is some Low T level shit.
Jones-thumbs-up-and-thumbs-down.gif

Imagine how much better he's going to look in his next performance? I like Belal He's a smart fighter.

I fast 18 hours per day at least 5 times at week. I train 5 or 6 times at week.

It is incredible how easy is to mantain low body fat doing that even if you are eating tons of food. Also you feel really energetic doing that.

There is some science behind that too... after 12 hours your body starts to burn a lot of fat and releasing a lot of growth hormones.

Im not a profesional fighter so I do not operate on that level but I burnt fat while gain muscle mass doing that.

I fast 18 hours at least 5x weekly. 16 on the weekends. Id never lift or train fasted or dehydrated though. Meals happen around training. Fasting leads to an increase in stem cell production and autophagy. Also makes it easy to stay lean. Low insulin environment for much of the day... It is an elixir for me.

Bilal "Halal" Muhammad, ladies and gentlemen!

What Salvador is talking about is known as time restricted eating/feeding, I've been doing 14/10 for around two months. I eat within a ten hour window, in my case 11:00 until 21:00. I've lost around a kilo which isn't a huge amount but I'm happy with it as 46 year who likes a few beers. There have been no discernible adverse effects to my gym training either.

Dr Rhonda Patrick covers it on the JRE in detail. I wouldn't recommend anything other than water during the fasting period as any calories will switch your metabolism from fasting to fed mode.

I fast for 12 hours a day and it's great.

And by that i mean that i don't eat while i sleep for 12 hours then gorge like a fat cunt for the rest of my waking day.

What Salvador is talking about is known as time restricted eating/feeding, I've been doing 14/10 for around two months. I eat within a ten hour window, in my case 11:00 until 21:00. I've lost around a kilo which isn't a huge amount but I'm happy with it as 46 year who likes a few beers. There have been no discernible adverse effects to my gym training either.

Dr Rhonda Patrick covers it on the JRE in detail. I wouldn't recommend anything other than water during the fasting period as any calories will switch your metabolism from fasting to fed mode.

I know she's a highly intelligent woman, but the fact that the thumbnail is her making a derp face makes me LOL. :D

I know she's a highly intelligent woman, but the fact that the thumbnail is her making a derp face makes me LOL. :D

I didn't even notice! She is very knowledgeable but her personality comes across as bordering on being insufferable.

<6>

Ramadan should be illegal. So many injuries on the job when it is ramadan, and alot of people doing nothing and walking around like zombies.

Holy fuck you are legally retarded.

Never go full retard ....

Plenty of competitors fast for weeks leading up to a fight. MMA is notorious for weight cutters. How do you think 200 lbs men get down to 145 lbs. .... Starving themselves for weeks is how.

I'm doing Ramadan and train bjj 4-5 times a week. Noon classes aren't bad but night classes you're pretty drained. Can't imagine a full MMA training camp though. No way

So I live in Edmonton and am a Muslim. When you are this far north, fasting equates to not eating, drinking, etc. from 3:15 AM till 10:15 PM this time of year. The hunger doesn't get to you...most of it is mental. The issue when you are this far north is the lack of sleep.

Also, from a training perspective, if you train hard early in the fast, you WILL feel it later. The best time to train is a couple of hours before your evening meal.

My supreme apologies to remember the name "Belal Muhammad" for doubting you and picking the other guy you took to fight school. "B" looked fit, tight, & disciplined what fasting is all about discipline. Khabib take notes you can fast & fight through Ramadan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back