Bellator 212

Excellent post. Only one tiny correction; since Velasquez is a southpaw, it's her straight left that is her main weapon, not her straight right. To be fair, it's her only real punch of any consequence (her "jab", if it can even be called that, sucks, and she doesn't throw hooks), but it's more than enough, and way better than all of Lara's striking put together.

Yes you're right, Velasquez is a southpaw. That's probably another stylistic advantage against an inexpereinced striker in Lara. Don't forget that Velasquez also has that nice toe stab front kick. She landed it a few times on Ruth and KO'd her with the last one. Very rare to see any fighter, much less a female fighter, actively aiming for a girl's liver with a toe stab.

BTW, I ran into your namesake Polar Bear once bouncing at a strip club around the year 2000. Very obscure but memorable fighter. Up there with Harold Howard and Jon Hess. SAFTA 4 lyfe.

Yes you're right, Velasquez is a southpaw. That's probably another stylistic advantage against an inexpereinced striker in Lara. Don't forget that Velasquez also has that nice toe stab front kick. She landed it a few times on Ruth and KO'd her with the last one. Very rare to see any fighter, much less a female fighter, actively aiming for a girl's liver with a toe stab.

BTW, I ran into your namesake Polar Bear once bouncing at a strip club around the year 2000. Very obscure but memorable fighter. Up there with Harold Howard and Jon Hess. SAFTA 4 lyfe.

Heh, I only know that Varelans was a bouncer at a strip club thanks to the following story;

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/pau...early-arrested-at-a-strip-club-in-california/

And yeah, Howard and Hess are awesome in their own rights, but the Polar Bear is my all-time favorite of the many weird old-school fighters.

Incidentally, the strip club is located in the city I live in, so I assume we're both in the same area.

Past Bellator bettors...think we'll get a line on Gracie-Bolohao? Bolo looks like he didn't even train for this.

Velasquez is easy money, she has all the advantages.

Although last time I bet on Bellator WMMA, it was on world champion kickboxer Denise Kielholtz against some soccer mom that started training MMA as an adult to lose weight. Although inexperienced in MMA, Kielholtz has over 50 pro kickboxing fights, Judo blackbelt, very athletic. So many reasons to think Kielholtz was going to win against the inferior athlete and fighter. When I think of how that fight went, I just think "WTF is with WMMA"

I switched from a small bet on Lara to a big bet on Velasquez even though it cost me a few bucks in the process.

I'm on Chandler at his early odds in a couple parlays, Mir normal size bet, Campos in a parlay, and a small bet on Lara.

King Mo peaked in 2015 when he won the Rizin HW GP, since then he's been looking older, slower and less durable.

McGeary has been exposed multiple times, he can't wrestle and despite being a good guard player, he's been dominated on the mat. But at least he doesn't need to worry about leg kicks this time.

Makes sense to think Mo will just wrestle McGeary and grind out a decision. No reason to think McGeary will stop the TD's.

McGeary could land something, he's shown KO power before. A submission is also possible but not likely, Mo has never been tapped.

King MO by decision

Velasquez is easy money, she has all the advantages.

Although last time I bet on Bellator WMMA, it was on world champion kickboxer Denise Kielholtz against some soccer mom that started training MMA as an adult to lose weight. Although inexperienced in MMA, Kielholtz has over 50 pro kickboxing fights, Judo blackbelt, very athletic. So many reasons to think Kielholtz was going to win against the inferior athlete and fighter. When I think of how that fight went, I just think "WTF is with WMMA"

I'm all for slagging off on WMMA, but getting burned on Kielholtz-Arteaga is solely on you, not the women. You're the same guy who was uber-confident that Pannie Kianzad would defeat Macy Chiasson based on a bunch of irrelevant fluff, and when I replied with factual reasons why Chiasson should be heavily favored and would most likely crush her, you responded with the brilliant analysis that I was "just a hater".

Your reasoning above is every bit as bad.

The reality is you just don't know how to analyze fights, female or otherwise.

I'm all for slagging off on WMMA, but getting burned on Kielholtz-Arteaga is solely on you, not the women. You're the same guy who was uber-confident that Pannie Kianzad would defeat Macy Chiasson based on a bunch of irrelevant fluff, and when I replied with factual reasons why Chiasson should be heavily favored and would most likely crush her, you responded with the brilliant analysis that I was "just a hater".

Your reasoning above is every bit as bad.

The reality is you just don't know how to analyze fights, female or otherwise.
LOL still hating

Oh shit. This is the internet fight I didnt know I wanted. PolarBear vs MMAGE.

<Dylan>

I'm on Chandler at his early odds in a couple parlays, Mir normal size bet, Campos in a parlay, and a small bet on Lara.

I actually threw Chandler in a few parlays also. Also on Mir.

That's it for this event

This guy gets paid to do this shit? Da fooq is this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181214-173220.png
    Screenshot_20181214-173220.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 46
4u on Velasquez at -245 and 1u on Mir at -115 (yuck). Considering whether to bet Chandler inside the distance, too.

This guy gets paid to do this shit? Da fooq is this

HAHA. Wow, a parlay of that hitting turn $1 into $500. It's also really obvious that he simply hasn't watched many of the fighters involved at all.

4u on Velasquez at -245 and 1u on Mir at -115 (yuck). Considering whether to bet Chandler inside the distance, too.

HAHA. Wow, a parlay of that hitting turn $1 into $500. It's also really obvious that he simply hasn't watched many of the fighters involved at all.

Either that or troll level 1000

Back