black farmers were sold fake crop seeds to drive them into bankruptcy

Not saying it's impossible, but that would be quite a yarn of a giant conspiracy with terms among several parties (the seed company and at least one farmer interested in acquiring the land) about who gets what and how much and such. No way the seed guy throws his business in the shitter for a favor or racism, IMO.

Seed sellers tend to want to sell seeds. Not wreck folks because they're black.

Yeah, no way a racist is so illogical that they would risk their business.

We all know racist are very logical people.

Then we're going up another layer and the distributor wouldn't necessarily even know those seeds were going to the black farmers, correct?
Odds are the main company, Stine, never even had those soybeans on their property. Most of the stuff I sell is grown by me, cleaned by me, and sold by me. I prefer not to bag stuff, but if that's what the farmer wants that's what they get.
I have to send the head company samples and they might come check them when I'm cleaning or probe the bin, but they don't get shipped off somewhere and shipped back to me for sale. In my state, I have to send samples into the Department of Ag to check germ, quality, etc and some companies just go off of that data instead of requiring a sample be sent in.
I'm talking certified seed here. When you get to foundation, they might want to take the seed back and clean it themselves but that's usually not the case.

Interesting, because no company has ever had employees sell fake or watered down versions of a product in order to pocket profits for themselves. And it's certainly out of the question that a thief and embezzler might be racist, too.
Yea, also, people dont buy pill presses and sell fake pills to people, to make that sweet cheddar. Not in America.

Guilty before proven innocent, I see:

“The lawsuit against Stine Seed Company is without merit and factually unsupportable. Stine takes seriously any allegations of unlawful, improper, or discriminatory conduct and is disturbed by the baseless allegations leveled against the company. Upon learning of these claims, the company took swift action to conduct an internal investigation, which has not revealed any evidence that would support these allegations. Stine intends to vigorously defend itself against this meritless lawsuit and has filed a motion to dismiss. Our focus is on continuing to serve all our customers with the highest degree of integrity and respect that are the bedrock of our company’s values.”

Of course it's possible, but it has a lot of moving parts. As presented, this is unlikely to be a simple crime but one involving several distinct parties with distinct motives.

It's hardly impossible, and there has been sabotage recorded in the business of farming literally since humankind has kept records. Business sabotage usually isn't as simple as blue-collar crime, but it happens because the rewards can be so great.

If these farmers were taken advantage of it may not even have been race motivated. The potential conspirators may have just seen them as marks for whatever reason.

Guilty before proven innocent, I see:

“The lawsuit against Stine Seed Company is without merit and factually unsupportable. Stine takes seriously any allegations of unlawful, improper, or discriminatory conduct and is disturbed by the baseless allegations leveled against the company. Upon learning of these claims, the company took swift action to conduct an internal investigation, which has not revealed any evidence that would support these allegations. Stine intends to vigorously defend itself against this meritless lawsuit and has filed a motion to dismiss. Our focus is on continuing to serve all our customers with the highest degree of integrity and respect that are the bedrock of our company’s values.”
You don't have to believe the accused, you know.

I believe I've noticed you adopt this sensibility in other matters...

I can't tell if we're talking about @bobgeese or @bushman505, but it's provocative...

giphy.gif

@Seano

He really left his mark in a thread about a black kid who was shot at by white homeowners when he asked them for directions because they were block parents. Even though the police used video to confirm his story, Seano (and others) spent the entire thread arguing that the homeowners were in the right because they couldn't believe the black kid wasn't burglarizing them.

It was a real tour de stupid force.

Sounds like racism without question.

100% racism.

They want to sell quality seeds to everyone who farms the land, no matter their race. That is the business model. Not racism. Or they would be out of business.

Oh, and this thread is going places.

How do you know what their business model is? Maybe they just wanted to scam some people for a quick buck?

Not saying it's impossible, but that would be quite a yarn of a giant conspiracy with terms among several parties (the seed company and at least one farmer interested in acquiring the land) about who gets what and how much and such. No way the seed guy throws his business in the shitter for a favor or racism, IMO.

Seed sellers tend to want to sell seeds. Not wreck folks because they're black.

The cost difference between producing marginal seed and gmo seed is marginal. Some farmers grow non-gmo because it is actually more profitable. With a terrible yeild, I would have an easier time suspecting they thought they were getting a soybean resistant to a herbicide and got something that wasn't. So when they sprayed their crops, they killed them. Or they were given the wrong herbicide. Or went cheap and bought the wrong herbicide themselves. It isn't outside of the realm of possibility that the soybeans got cross polinated with a soybean without herbicide resistance. Testing the crops should make it obvious if it was good seed but not if it was malicious. Someone, the farmers or maybe the company, was tried growing their own gmo seed to avoid royalities.

Last edited:
@Seano

He really left his mark in a thread about a black kid who was shot at by white homeowners when he asked them for directions because they were block parents. Even though the police used video to confirm his story, Seano (and others) spent the entire thread arguing that the homeowners were in the right because they couldn't believe the black kid wasn't burglarizing them.

It was a real tour de stupid force.

^^^^^Sounds like hands of bone envy from where I sit, plain and simple.

To screw them over? Racism? They substitute the real seeds for cheaper or fake ones, allowing them to sell the real seeds a 2nd time.

Its like people are too dumb to think of zhit like this.

'Oh no they would NEVER do that, the gods of capitalism say that every business is a rational actor who just wants to provide the best product for their customers!!! Now excuse me while i drink this tainted Kool-aid!"

I can believe the scam. The racism seems like a reach though. Were there white farmers who were sold real seeds from these guys?

Back