Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

It honestly looks like something Richard Spencer would come up with if he got to make a Hollywood movie where he promotes his Ethno-Nationalism whilst mocking black people and making fun of the idiots who watch this kind of garbage.

The lack of self awareness form the movies creators and fans is hilarious. It's like the We Wuz Kangz meme made into a movie. It's hard to believe this is serious and not a right-wing parody.

My girl is a tiny % sjw and is the only reason I saw the movie and she didn't seem to notice. I sure did and almost burst out laughing a few times

I don'tr think anyone is complaining about a black super hero. I think they are complaining about people who are claiming it to be their movie, and the communities involved telling everyone its an achievement when in reality it's just another Marvel movie. If a grown ass man identifies and wants to be a super hero hes a damn man child. He needs to grow up. Doesn't matter if it's black or white. All of these stories are the exact same but for some reason skin color is now what is important about a movie. That's like me saying that Judge Dredd is my movie so people who aren't white can't appreciate it. Or if someone is dumb enough to identify with something as star wars to the point where they try to emulate using the force.
I'm asian, and I appreciate antman movie as representing us half of the time.

On my facebook feed is a lot of black people wearing traditional Africian garb to the showing of the Black Panther movie. These people are not from this culture and have never even visited Africa. Who knows if are even representing the culture they think they are. Should they be doing this? Why is this oK?

do you whine like this on St. Patricks day?

Its a marvel movie so thats no surprise. Im suspect though on the extreme ratings of 1 and 10.

I bet its a solid 6.
Its a marvel movie so thats no surprise. Im suspect though on the extreme ratings of 1 and 10.

I bet its a solid 6.
Well one of the guys who liked it is a huge comic book movie fan. Two of the people who hated it honestly hate half the movies they watch in the cinemas

do you whine like this on St. Patricks day?

Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. He was a real person and Ireland is a real country. Wakanda is a fictional place from a comic book . It has nothing to do with Africa, black people, or anyone else for that matter BECAUSE IT IS NOT REAL.

How does this need explaining ffs?

<36>

Lol ridiculous. The entire world you live in was created by white men. You probably wouldn't like where you'd be if you weren't here, either.

I didn't know whites invented things such as: Algebra, the first university, surgery, optical lenses, gunpowder, rockets, compass, paper, numerals (ya know, the ones that we use 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0), irrigations, the crank...

but thanks

Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. He was a real person and Ireland is a real country. Wakanda is a fictional place from a comic book . It has nothing to do with Africa, black people, or anyone else for that matter BECAUSE IT IS NOT REAL.

How does this need explaining ffs?

<36>

did you read the post i responded to? it was talking about people dressing up as Africans. Unless you are saying Africa is also not a real place?

did you read the post i responded to? it was talking about people dressing up as Africans. Unless you are saying Africa is also not a real place?
I wonder why they didn’t dress up for blade or luke cage? Could it be this was marketed as the black movie so that any criticism would be racist? Seriously if it was bad do you think you hear it?

So many virgins on both sides of this battle ffs. Allow it. Stop being so divided and argumentative over bullshit.

@Prutfis

Twenty years ago support for Scottish independence was confined to a small minority – but the release of the film Braveheart in the spring of 1995 changed their fortunes. The movie, starring Mel Gibson, tells the story of William Wallace, a Scottish leader who fights against English domination at the end of the 13th century. Braveheart was a massive success, generating over $200 million in box office sales and winning five Oscars at the 68th Academy Awards, including Best Picture.

The movie’s effect in Scotland was even more profound, and spawned a new nationalism movement.
Historical inaccuracies did not stop supporters of Scottish nationalism from using the film to promote their cause. Members of the Scottish National Party would stand outside theatres, handing out pamphlets to movie-goers, while Alex Salmond, the party’s leader commented, “William Wallace was a campaigner for Scottish independence. I would have been on his side at the battle of Stirling Bridge.” He is now the First Minister of Scotland and leader of the Yes side in the referendum.

http://www.medievalists.net/2014/08/braveheart-scottish-independence/
There has always been a strong independence movement in Scotland, its rubbish to suggest a Mel Gibson movie started it up again. The author of that is full of shite

There has always been a strong independence movement in Scotland, its rubbish to suggest a Mel Gibson movie started it up again. The author of that is full of shite

I have no idea whether there's any truth to it, but it's a surprisingly common assertion. Not just by Gibson either...

I wonder why they didn’t dress up for blade or luke cage? Could it be this was marketed as the black movie so that any criticism would be racist? Seriously if it was bad do you think you hear it?

Probably part of why people are doing that. It makes more sense than with Blade or Luke Cage though, as neither of those really had anything to do with Africa, they just had black protagonists. I havent seen it so i cant answer your second question for sure yet. From what i have heard its supposed to be good so we will never know what the coverage of it would have been like if it was bad.

I have no idea whether there's any truth to it, but it's a surprisingly common assertion. Not just by Gibson either...
All independence movements ebb and flow in popularity, I have heard Scots independence brought up every few years since I was a kid. A Hollywood movie had no.effect.

It really is. "Liberal" Hollywood has been pushing American Exceptionalism, and war glorification since before any of us were even born.
And when they have tried to deviate with, let's say, Little Big Man, they get trashed and sideswiped.

All independence movements ebb and flow in popularity, I have heard Scots independence brought up every few years since I was a kid. A Hollywood movie had no.effect.

I wouldn't think so. The vote did pretty well for the DVD sales though apparently.

Back