Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Who is really crying about it though, as if it offends them deeply? A few morons?

The movie just made nine trillion kagillion dollars over the weekend, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, but yet, all I hear is how racist America just can't accept change.

I think the supposed backlash to this movie, has been completely overblown. Almost as if was manufactured, to create controversy, and give the movie more press.

Wouldn't it also take a shit ton of white Americans to reach those numbers ? Or is just a SHIT ton of repeat customers that are black ? Christ...this shit is fucking embarrassing.

The beginning of the movie was good. The end got cheese and the writing seemed to have lost interest or got lazy.
For example, the rino in armor thing was stupid. Their planes were slow as shit. Why fight with swards and spears, seams racist to me?

So not only does killmonger look like me, but he has my same political beliefs?

Ok yeah... I gotta watch this movie now.
Holy shit.

Who is really crying about it though, as if it offends them deeply? A few morons?

The movie just made nine trillion kagillion dollars over the weekend, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, but yet, all I hear is how racist America just can't accept change.

I think the supposed backlash to this movie, has been completely overblown. Almost as if was manufactured, to create controversy, and give the movie more press.
well you can look in this thread alone and see tremendous whining of 'WHYYYY?' from the typical posters like @Seano and @Byron Carter and many others who seem to be offended at the concept of jingoism, nationalism, patriotism, etc as if a new concept in movies created solely for blacks.

I mean WTF all of these concepts have been spoon fed to us for decades but with a white, western spin and no cared or noticed when the Murican's were beating the savages whether alien or earth bound.

This 'OMG how dare they', or 'why would they', outrage is laughable when given any context.

Yes jingoism, patriotism, nationalism will always sell and the biggest selling version will always be a whitewashed Murica centric one and it will fed to us at about 100:1 over other ethnic or regional ones. But when we get that 1 other regional one guys like Seano and Byron and others will let the crocodile tears flow.

Last edited:
If it was white panther they would claim it's hateful and racist and they would burn down theaters.

@MikeMcMann

I don't think I've said anything negative about this movie.

My only two complaints are:

#1 - It's not the first black super hero. Not even the coolest. Blade was awesome, and I loved the movie. This hype as the first black main super hero is just.... wrong.

#2 - Facebook and Rotten Tomatoes censoring any criticism of this movie is disgusting. Coming out and saying they will consider banning anyone who gives it a negative score? What the fuck? Automatically you're setting yourself up to be attacked by anyone with a skeptical mind. Once you tell me "You can't question that", I'm immediately going to question everything about it.

If it was white panther they would claim it's hateful and racist and they would burn down theaters.
You do know Bucky is The White Wolf right?

Moniker bestowed upon him by the people of WAKANDAAAAH

I can't be the only one who has never even heard about this Black Panther character?

Just wait, in a year or two they will release a me-too super woman in her 70s claiming millions from men.

@MikeMcMann

I don't think I've said anything negative about this movie.

My only two complaints are:

#1 - It's not the first black super hero. Not even the coolest. Blade was awesome, and I loved the movie. This hype as the first black main super hero is just.... wrong.

#2 - Facebook and Rotten Tomatoes censoring any criticism of this movie is disgusting. Coming out and saying they will consider banning anyone who gives it a negative score? What the fuck? Automatically you're setting yourself up to be attacked by anyone with a skeptical mind. Once you tell me "You can't question that", I'm immediately going to question everything about it.

Dude

Bruce Leeroy was my first black superhero.

Then Robert Townsend.

Spawn the movie was trash, I think yall might need to refresh your memories on that one, nostalgia is clouding your judgement. No way that shit was anywhere near dope.

Blade is bad mother fucker, but he aint Bruce Leeroy... And the soundtrack!

Which is better Blood Rave or The Glow?

I'll take Willie Hutch's husky vocals over robots fucking any day.

Dude

Bruce Leeroy was my first black superhero.

Then Robert Townsend.

Spawn the movie was trash, I think yall might need to refresh your memories on that one, nostalgia is clouding your judgement. No way that shit was anywhere near dope.

Blade is bad mother fucker, but he aint Bruce Leeroy... And the soundtrack!

Which is better Blood Rave or The Glow?

I'll take Willie Hutch's husky vocals over robots fucking any day.

The Last Dragon was brilliant. Absolutely hysterical.

The Last Dragon was brilliant. Absolutely hysterical.

I use to stand in front of tv in a dark room and do my best Bruce Leeroy impersonation.

giphy.gif

Back