Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Spawn and blade are legit. .

Spawn is probably the most underrated comic films of all time
Nothing underrated about Spawn. Widely accepted as being friggin awesome.

Long overdue for a reboot imo.

You realize you are proving me right, right?

This is a movie and look how hot you and your peers are over it.

Why werent yall this pissed over Straight Out Of Compton?

Cause it went with the status quo.
This movie breaks said status quo and you assholes want to have brain aneurysms over it cause it sends the right message.

I dont get folks like you.

When was the last positive Black action movie?

Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon? Robert Townsends Meteor Man?

Thats all we are allowed to have huh?

Fuck outta here.

There's nothing wrong with Black Panther. The problem is this. Hype encourages mediocrity

Hostiles, Shape of Water, etc. passed under the radar because Hollyweird is pushing Black Panther down people's throats.

Tell me something. There have been movies in the past, high budget movies starring a black cast or whose main characters were black.

The Book of Eli was directed by two black directors, starring a black dude who a lot of people are familiar with (Denzel Washington).

Not one fart came out when it was released in theaters. No one emptied their heart out. Days went by as usual

This movie comes out and everyone is down at their knees lauding it as it's up there with Shawshank's redemption. If you take into account the social context at the moment (#metoo and all that crap) you'll understand why. Basically this movie is rated for its political effect not for its cinematographic value and only encourages more crap from Hollywood. Why bother with making Hostiles and Shape of Water, when you can just stir shit by masking politics with cinema.

I just wanted to go back and give this post the respect it deserves.

All this fighting and killing is drilled in to us Americans from day 1.
It really is. "Liberal" Hollywood has been pushing American Exceptionalism, and war glorification since before any of us were even born.

Nothing underrated about Spawn. Widely accepted as being friggin awesome.

LOL...wut?

Are you talking about the comics, because the movie is friggin' terrible, and I'm pretty sure that's the consensus.

Why does Black Panther get his own thread in WR?

What about Into the Badlands with an asian male lead?

Or Blue Bloods the cop show featuring a generational Irish cop family gets its own thread?

This is thread is Uber destruction of white race.

When you have to find pride in a fantasy film, there's something off about your continent. It's a very entertaining and visually beautiful movie, yet not exactly befitting of social and political reality in Africa. I fully agree that Donald Trump is both petty and vulgar, but was his "shithole" comment so off the mark that people need to rebuke it with a fictional movie?

Or am I just being a party pooper?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/african-viewers-marvel-pride-black-panther-article-1.3827191

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/black-panther-opens-africa-1.4540610

his "shithole" comment was in the context of immigration, which obviously implied that the people coming in would be.....

and that, is 100% untrue.

most african countries have only had their independence for 60 or so years. few countries are world powers in that amount of time lol.

It really is. "Liberal" Hollywood has been pushing American Exceptionalism, and war glorification since before any of us were even born.

On the flipside you have many films that challenge this. ..or make us question the "glory " of war...

Like hurt locker, black hawk down, etc

Lol wtf? Do you actually believe this trash?

Trotsky: "White pride is as irrational and superfluous as black pride, and white people decrying black pride are most often hypocrites."

oleDirtyBast4d: "it's okay for grown men to have sex with 12 year olds as long as they've hit puberty."

Between the two of us, I believe your normative opinions are a bit more trashy than mine, but I think we should let the free market of ideas decide that.

Not pissed. I just don’t get celebrating a fake character. Now dressing up as black panther is cool. Wearing your Africa garb because of a pretend character is weird. Should women start wearing amazon garb?
Hell yes they should!

Why does Black Panther get his own thread in WR?

What about Into the Badlands with an asian male lead?

Or Blue Bloods the cop show featuring a generational Irish cop family gets its own thread?

This is thread is Uber destruction of white race.
1. Take your meds.
2. The first thread I saw in here was right wing crying about the movie.
3. Shut the fuck up.
4. Double check, and make sure on the meds. Thanks.

On the flipside you have many films that challenge this. ..or make us question the "glory " of war...

Doesn’t count because it’s very damaging to his argument

Pride in anything that you had no control over is weird, can someone explain it to me? Why would you be proud to be any particular ethnicity, gender, sexuality or nationality? You did literally nothing other than be born that way.

EDIT: I can totally understand why people want to see their ethnicity, gender, sexuality or nationality positively shown in movies, TV, etc.

I've never seen so many people whine about other people enjoying a movie. Who gives a shit how much money it makes or attention it gets? Who cares what people wear to the movie or say about it online?!

Months and months about how people "can't take snowflakes anymore" and yet those same people can't shut up about what other people think of a movie. It's a joke.

Spawn and blade are legit. .

Spawn is probably the most underrated comic films of all time

Blade was the shit, hell still is.

I watched all 3 in the theater.

Spawn too, but Spawn was frothy booty dew.

Spawn did not properly utilize all the talent they hired.

I thought this thread was going to be about the 4 chan campaign to convince everyone that black people were beating up white people for trying to see this movie.

But nope, it is about people complaining that black people feel unusually protective about this movie.

That's a much more recent phenomenon. But, those are excellent, and more nuanced films. Particularly Hurt Locker, which I find to be amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back