Social Black social worker facilitating White child parental visit is accused of kidnapping

Right for her to sue. They took the word of a passenger , absent any evidence . The crew refused to check out the documentation when the social worker tried to show it to them. The crew should have realized that for the social worker to get as far as she did (inside the plane) she / the child would have been vetted.

If strangers can make accusations without any proof whatsover, then innocent people get harassed , humilated and inconvenienced. Do you think it is practical or right for adults with unrelated minors (visibly unrelated) to constantly get the cops or authorities harass them because some person somewhere is convinced they are kidnappers?

We also have the expression "See something say something." Look, this was a shitty situation, but imagine being a flight attendant...they are not qualified to verify or certify the credentials of anyone, so it's best that they took it inside where people with authority could sort it out. 45 minutes later they were back on the plane and the situation was sorted. Things like this happen and people are nervous and sometimes overcautious when it comes to kids. Again, imagine the flip side and the amount of fallout if this woman was trafficking kids and the airline just ignored it when it was brought to their attention?

While I have no issue with a formal apology (which it looks like she already got) and maybe some 1st class tickets for a trip...but false imprisonment? That's taking it way too far and it shows that this is more of a media stunt than anything else.

We also have the expression "See something say something." Look, this was a shitty situation, but imagine being a flight attendant...they are not qualified to verify or certify the credentials of anyone, so it's best that they took it inside where people with authority could sort it out. 45 minutes later they were back on the plane and the situation was sorted. Things like this happen and people are nervous and sometimes overcautious when it comes to kids. Again, imagine the flip side and the amount of fallout if this woman was trafficking kids and the airline just ignored it when it was brought to their attention?

While I have no issue with a formal apology (which it looks like she already got) and maybe some 1st class tickets for a trip...but false imprisonment? That's taking it way too far and it shows that this is more of a media stunt than anything else.

If there actually was something suspicious or sketchy about the adult then I got no issue. But this whole thing boils down to the passenger claiming the social worker was a kidnapper because she was of a different race to the child, because no reason has been given as to why the passenger thought the social worker was kidnapping the child. Being of a different race shouldn't be all the probable cause or suspicion one needs.

Why are you assuming the gate agent did not check? When you check in at ticketing, the staff check your tickets, including tickets for accompanying minors. The boy being 1 year old may not have had his own ticke , but they still would have noticed the woman was with him. The security and boarding gate staff both would have check the woman's ticket and see that she had the child with her

it’s irrelevant what the gate agent did.

How do you know what their protocol is

I know someone who has insight into what airlines do to prevent human trafficking and am speculating that AA has a protocol that states remove both passengers and separate them, then investigate....I don’t Know for sure and am only speculating based on what I do know... I also know protocol for other agencies when it comes to child abuse and that they are obligated by law to act and report it when someone tells them they suspect abuse.

The passenger had no evidence. Other passengers did not report the woman. The crew did not pick on the woman until the 1 passenger claimed she was a kidnapper.

Your are wrong. It is when people think "THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS YOUR CHILD" but you are alone with the child...especially an airplane/long distance that they think you are a kidnapper.
It is just an easy way to tell if you are a BIOLOGICAL parent is if the skin color does not match up.

Twin girls pulled from the same womb, on the same day with the same parents..

I know, I know... 1 in a million

And yet it still happened.

<Fedor23>

You can't spot the nuance ?

Race was the factor.
Does not mean racism was the factor.

Race being the factor = Adult is different race from child. So people assume the adult is not biologically related to the child.

Saying racism was a factor = the passenger has anti Black bias which is why he/she believed the social worker was a kidnapper.

Race can be the factor without racism being the factor.

Anyone who has wasted their time in this thread (Me & you included) is fully aware of what you are going for.

I can easily spot the nuance, but your assertions, claims, and overall behavior makes your intent painfully obvious.

Being that kind of a pussy is a really ugly look. It really speaks to the kind of person you are.

Ultimately, you see bigotry and racism, and you hope for it. Because it validates your way of thinking. That is an ugly, small way to live.

I hope that people aren’t racists or bigots, but I’m not surprised when they are, because I’ve known it my whole life. But I also don’t assume people are when I have no way of knowing. I also don’t throw stones and hide my hand.

Anyone who has wasted their time in this thread (Me & you included) is fully aware of what you are going for.

I can easily spot the nuance, but your assertions, claims, and overall behavior makes your intent painfully obvious.

Being that kind of a pussy is a really ugly look. It really speaks to the kind of person you are.

Ultimately, you see bigotry and racism, and you hope for it. Because it validates your way of thinking. That is an ugly, small way to live.

I hope that people aren’t racists or bigots, but I’m not surprised when they are, because I’ve known it my whole life. But I also don’t assume people are when I have no way of knowing. I also don’t throw stones and hide my hand.
Now you are just being obstinate. You claim to spot the nuance between race being the factor but racism not being the factor and yet you are still repeating the same thing over and over again.

You are just being disengenous, so I am wasting my time responding .

Now you are just being obstinate. You claim to spot the nuance between race being the factor but racism not being the factor and yet you are still repeating the same thing over and over again.

You are just being disengenous, so I am wasting my time responding .

You are not an ally.

You are a coward.

It is plain to see.

Ya. That shit has to stop.

Shitty story. I feel bad for her.

If there actually was something suspicious or sketchy about the adult then I got no issue. But this whole thing boils down to the passenger claiming the social worker was a kidnapper because she was of a different race to the child, because no reason has been given as to why the passenger thought the social worker was kidnapping the child. Being of a different race shouldn't be all the probable cause or suspicion one needs.

I mean this happened last year and nobody seemed to think it was that much of a deal until now. I don't think I've ever heard of a social worker taking a child on a plane so they could spend time with one of their parents. Is this a common practice? Something to consider is that a black woman with a white child is something people notice regardless of whether or not racism is involved (in the sense that they have an issue with a black mother and white child). According to the OP there was a recent headline of a missing child so perhaps people missed some of the details in that story (missing child was older and Latino it said), so they put an oddity together with a news story and figured better to be safe than sorry.

This is much ado about nothing.

Because whenever a black person has a complaint filed against them, it's because of racism. It's ALWAYS racism. Do you even science?

We get it, you don't like people of color. Most of you're responses are about them Smh

We get it, you have the emotional stability and rationale of a 10 year old.

Just call how I see it. Look at your responses lol. You really need to hang with other groups of people lol.

Yeah, children calling it how they see it, usually leads to them making ignorant claims, because they're stupid children.

Not ignorant claims by your post history. You're a scared man of minorites and people of color for some odd reason.

Twin girls pulled from the same womb, on the same day with the same parents..

I know, I know... 1 in a million

And yet it still happened.

<Fedor23>

Exactly though, it's 1 in a million. Combine those numbers with someone that maybe has a traumatic past with this kind of thing, and it's easy to see how the situation happened, and that there were no bad people here. Just a concerned person trying to do good in the world, and an airline that verified she was right or wrong. End of story.

Exactly though, it's 1 in a million. Combine those numbers with someone that maybe has a traumatic past with this kind of thing, and it's easy to see how the situation happened, and that there were no bad people here. Just a concerned person trying to do good in the world, and an airline that verified she was right or wrong. End of story.

Maybe, call the police and let them handle it instead or actually VERIFY the documents that are being offered to before setting up your employer for a major lawsuit?

<Fedor23>

Maybe, call the police and let them handle it instead or actually VERIFY the documents that are being offered to before setting up your employer for a major lawsuit?

<Fedor23>

So you'd prefer to have the police pull the woman off the plane? Seriously? Everything worked out just fine and there was no need for police intervention. I can only imagine the videos and headlines if the police were involved and they had to forcefully extract this woman from the plane...holy shit.

You know how many times I have had to have the "is this your kid?" conversation?

Aint a year that goes by that it doesn't happen, and my daughter is almost 18 now. This has been her normal her whole life.

I believe it's been mostly due to ignorance, old world women that dont believe the races can even successfully mix. Kinda like folks that believe the bones stereotype in black folks.

Very rarely do I think it was due to racism, those incidents only ever took place on school grounds and happened towards the middle and end of the school year

People were just looking out for your kid. Honestly, you should be grateful. They would have done the same thing if some guy was abducting your kid.

Honestly I'd be happy to know the people at my kid's school were watching out for her in that situation

So you'd prefer to have the police pull the woman off the plane? Seriously? Everything worked out just fine and there was no need for police intervention. I can only imagine the videos and headlines if the police were involved and they had to forcefully extract this woman from the plane...holy shit.

I explained this wrong and I'm sorry for that.

The Police could've verified her documents and allowed her to continue travel. Now, the job creator is getting sued and that will cost people jobs. There was a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. They chose the wrong way and now someone's gotta pay.

Back